THExGunslinger
    THExGunslinger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does the outcome of your team's game affect your emotions? (which ones)?

Does the outcome of your team's game affect your emotions? (which ones)?
    I would like to gather some information for a research paper I am writing about how the results of sport games affect consumer purchasing behaviors. The best way I see being able to do this would be linking your emotions to the results of a sports game and compare that to research already done on how emotions impact consumer decisions. Also if you know of any research done on this topic it would be appreciated but I did look pretty hard. Thank you so much for your help !!!
    Additional Details

Any answers help, however I am looking for emotions as a FAN of a team.

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a kid a loss would wildly effect me even more than losing my money on that same game. When the Broncos lost to the Jags in the playoffs, I didn't go to school for 3 days. But since I've been doing this as an adult, it has no effect on me. I just as often pick against my teams as I do on them.

THExGunslinger
    THExGunslinger's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for you input MB

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

To me, it depends entirely on HOW the outcome came about. I'll divide these into 3 different scenarios.

1. If I'm watching my team get beat for the entire duration of the game, it doesn't really matter. They lost big deal. No emotion whatsoever.

2. Now if the game is very close (outcome decided in the last minute or so of the game), then some emotion does come. If they win, I am happy and excited for a short duration. If they lose, the exact opposite. It won't last long, maybe a few hours.

3. Last, if there is controversy in the game, I can get quite angry. If I think the refs called a very bad call...or a star player misses an easy layup, I get mad. I'll never forget the 2006 NBA finals when the Dallas Mavericks (my team) finally got to the last round. I am VERY unhappy with the way the series was officiated. As a biased Mavs fan, the series seemed completely unfair. Me and my brothers talk about some of the ridiculous calls like it was yesterday. So in this case, my distaste of the outcome will last a lifetime.

Hope this helped.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

if nuggets win, I drink beer. If nuggets lose I drink liquor