flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

Memphis @ Portland(-5 1/2)

Seems like Portland would want to really win this game. or am I wrong?

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I think so. Considering teasing this with LA. Or just parlay the MLs. Spread is a bit inflated.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

All of the teams today really want to win their games though

MrShrink
    MrShrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are pretty much both in the same situation. MEM has been playing with just a little more passion if you ask me. gotta take the points. maybe a dash on the ml.

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

I like the under in this matchup a lot more than picking a side. GL

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

It's all messed up.

If the Blazers win they clinch the 6 seed and will most likely have to play the Lakers in the 1st round which is not ideal.
    The under looks like a better bet.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    It's all messed up.

If the Blazers win they clinch the 6 seed and will most likely have to play the Lakers in the 1st round which is not ideal.
    The under looks like a better bet.
    They are "most likely" to play Dallas if they clinch the 7th seed. Lakers have the edge for the 2nd seed as things stand.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    They are "most likely" to play Dallas if they clinch the 7th seed. Lakers have the edge for the 2nd seed as things stand.
    Do you think the Lakers beat Sacramento in probably the last game ever held in that city? I think Sacramento comes out as the favorite in that game or at least a pickem.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Do you think the Lakers beat Sacramento in probably the last game ever held in that city? I think Sacramento comes out as the favorite in that game or at least a pickem.
    Like the night they did the "save the franchise" garbage and lost SU as a 9-point fave vs. Cleveland on their home court?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Definitely hard to go against Portland, considering how opponents has historically perform horribly their. If the Blazers get their 3's going, they cover easily. Gerald Wallace should be huge today. The only way Memphis covers is if Zach Randolph goes off. Players playing against their former teams always seem to perform better.

nanozane
    nanozane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Definitely hard to go against Portland, considering how opponents has historically perform horribly their. If the Blazers get their 3's going, they cover easily. Gerald Wallace should be huge today. The only way Memphis covers is if Zach Randolph goes off. Players playing against their former teams always seem to perform better.
    true, blazers from behind the arc decides the game.

syn^
    syn^'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

This game looks like a toss up to me so gotta go with the dog since it has value.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

How can you bet against our own best capper of the week GoldenGeek and Laker_Crazy eh?

Them and many more (whether they follow them or on their picking I don't know) are picking dogs memphis around +5 to 5.5.

I'm about to wave the white flag because I capped on Portland to win SU but little do I know, I did not contest with the spread.

Now I am going to hedge my bet by buying up memphis. Memphis is the play when LC and GG are on it. No word of SJ and BL is on vacation till playoff.

That's a wrap and Good luck.

Oh and this year, both games were played in memphis and if we play with the +5.5 spread for memphis, it'll look like this.

Nov 16th - Memphis lost portland 99-100 <<-- if you add spread, memphis win
    dec 13th - Memphis beat portland SU 86-73

In other words, either Memphis SU win or it will be close for a backdoor cover. Bet with confidence.