Betpoints: 126

nash gets mvp, kobe will be pissed!

kobe will go for 40 points at least tonight

suns may be in trouble tonight

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Kobe will score 24, to promote his new jersey number for next year.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think Kobe was even a legitimate candidate, it was clearly going to be Nash or Lebron, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if he used that as extra motivation though.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I don't think Kobe was even a legitimate candidate, it was clearly going to be Nash or Lebron, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if he used that as extra motivation though.

People seem to think the only criteria for the award is "best player on a bad team."

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's more info on Nash:

PHOENIX -- Steve Nash will win his second straight NBA Most Valuable Player award, according to reports on several area newspapers.

The announcement may not come for two weeks, according to the Arizona Republic. But the paper, and others, report that the voting shows Nash edging LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Chauncey Billups and Kobe Bryant for the MVP.

This season, Nash had career-highs in points (18.8 points per game), rebounds (4.2 per game), field goal percentage (51.2 percent) and free throw percentage (92.1 percent -- best in the league). He was also the league-leader in assists (10.5) and shot nearly 50 percent from three-point range.

The Suns are currently playing the Los Angeles Lakers in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs.

A year ago, Nash edged Shaquille O'Neal in what was the fourth-closest balloting in history.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nash and Kobe nearly came to blows a minute ago. I don't think that would have worked out well for the Suns.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Nash has shown nothing this year except that last years MVP was no fluke. He's done nothing to lose the crown, and nobody else has done enough to take away his throne. Hail Nash as NBA MVP again in 2006, LeBron will 5-peat after that.