cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

The Lakers must expect Chicago will win the East

They've got the same record as Boston and Miami and they don't seem to care about getting a better record than them. My conclusion is that they must be pretty certain the Bulls will win the East. Otherwise they'd be trying to have a better record than Boston and Miami. I think this is definitely something to keep in mind going forward.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Huh?? Where did you get that from? Pretty sure the Bulls "winning the East" is not the most important thing on their minds. My guess it's health, consistency, Spurs and Mavericks. The Bulls have nothing to do with the way they are playing right now...

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    Huh?? Where did you get that from? Pretty sure the Bulls "winning the East" is not the most important thing on their minds. My guess it's health, consistency, Spurs and Mavericks. The Bulls have nothing to do with the way they are playing right now...
    Think about the Magic last season, they kept playing all out until they clinched home court over the Lakers. The Lakers aren't doing that this season with respect to the Heat and the Celtics, I guess they don't really care about securing home court against them, got it?
    Last edited by cleaveland; 04-09-11 at 09:36 AM.

MadMajor
    MadMajor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 967

MadMajor
    MadMajor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 967

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    They've got the same record as Boston and Miami and they don't seem to care about getting a better record than them. My conclusion is that they must be pretty certain the Bulls will win the East. Otherwise they'd be trying to have a better record than Boston and Miami. I think this is definitely something to keep in mind going forward.
    please rewrite this post as it made no sense at all.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

LA is being LA - they dont care about other teams

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

LOL L.A. doesn't care about other cities, states, countries! LOL

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

The Lakers are the in the Western Conference dude. The other teams are in the East....

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Think about the Magic last season, they kept playing all out until they clinched home court over the Lakers. The Lakers aren't doing that this season with respect to the Heat and the Celtics, I guess they don't really care about securing home court against them, got it?
    What you are suggesting is comical at best. The Lakers don't have time to daydream about who they will be playing IF they make it that far. Not to mention that what ever happen last season, does not apply to this season. Things are not always the same, in fact they are rarely the same.

At one point, the Lakers were on a 15-1 roll. Just because they lost a few games now you want to come to this conclusion?? There are ups and downs in the entire NBA season. And contrary to popular belief, there isn't a team in the NBA that can win every single game it wants to. That would be the equivalent of Michael Jordan saying he could make any shot he wanted to and go 100% from the field...Just as sometimes shots come up a bit short, teams come out a bit flat, sloppy, and fatigue. They don't plan on it, it just happens... So don't equate losing to giving up, or in this case "figuring the Bulls will come out of the East".....

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

the celtics just arent the same team since the trade and the heat are all over the place. id be shocked if anyone but the bulls came out of the east

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

a few weeks ago Phil Jackson said something to this affect. They're definitely keeping the Bulls in the back of their minds.

anything can happen, but you have to believe Lakers are thinking about the Bulls and Heat the most out of any of the other Eastern teams.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Lakers are in the West, comparing their records with Eastern teams doesnt matter, if they were in the East then yea it would but their not. Dont worry Ive found alot on here dont understand how the playoffs and standings work so youre not alone.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Lakers are in the West, comparing their records with Eastern teams doesnt matter, if they were in the East then yea it would but their not. Dont worry Ive found alot on here dont understand how the playoffs and standings work so youre not alone.
    Except Finals home-court is decided by regular season record.... that's what the OP was getting at. Not saying I agree with it, but that was his point. Lakers are slacking now, even though HCA is still a possibility against most East teams

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Except Finals home-court is decided by regular season record.... that's what the OP was getting at. Not saying I agree with it, but that was his point. Lakers are slacking now, even though HCA is still a possibility against most East teams
    You're right that obviously was his point, my mistake.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    a few weeks ago Phil Jackson said something to this affect. They're definitely keeping the Bulls in the back of their minds.

anything can happen, but you have to believe Lakers are thinking about the Bulls and Heat the most out of any of the other Eastern teams.
    I knew it, most people on this board are clueless.

zogdog
    zogdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I don't see the Bulls winning the East. The Heat were beating them by double digits in both games that LeBron played; then they had a dry spell in both games. Not saying it won't happen again, but the Heat's offense has gotten much better since those games.

dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Quote Originally Posted by zogdog View Post
    I don't see the Bulls winning the East. The Heat were beating them by double digits in both games that LeBron played; then they had a dry spell in both games. Not saying it won't happen again, but the Heat's offense has gotten much better since those games.
    I don't agree with this. Their offense has been the same all year which is basically play 3 on 5. Did you see how shitty they looked against Milwaukee at home with no d wade?

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

so since the lakers expect the bulls to win the east then theyre trying to lose and even drop to 3rd or 4th in the west great logic

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

No way the Bulls don't make it out of the East. They really only have to win 1 series. Obviously, they'll smack the Pacers around in the 1st round, and the Magic/Hawks don't have a chance in hell. Either of those teams will probably get swept. The magic might be able to take 1 game against the Bulls. So that leaves whoever wins the Celtics/Heat series. I was saying Bulls beat Celtics in 7, but that was before the trade. Now i think they get the Heat, and they will beat the Heat in 7 probably. Hopefully someone from the Bulls will start banging Lebrons mom like last season so that he'll be distracted.