frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Nuggets should tank game verses OKC Friday

George Karl said on a Radio show that he preferred to Dallas over OKC if he had to picked the two. Denver's 3-1 against Dallas and has the speed advantage. OKC has the tie breaker over the Mavericks. So if they win out and Dallas loses one, they will get the 3rd seed.

They'll probably lose to OKC anyways but them losing twice in the same week gives them an advantage. OKC will gone into the series over confidence thinking they have an advantage when they really don't. The Thunders will have a much more difficult time beating Denver with Affalo, Birdman, and Mosgov back for the playoffs fully healthy.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Interesting theory. I like it. I would've played OKC anyways, but now even more reason to play.

Great way to test your theory is to watch 1H. Are Nuggets blowing huge leads? That was the dead give away with Laker v. Jazz and Blazers v Jazz. I knew they were tanking the game by the way they played 1H.

Because you know, their ego, they'll let OKC win by 1, or something like that.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think we can expect some subpar play from a lot of the teams that have clinched as well. For example the Spurs have wrapped up #1 so what do they have to play for? I'm going to keep an eye on them.

christhegun
    christhegun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Careful with this theory. You're talking about a group of super competitive athletes who want to win every single night. You don't get to where they are by tanking games. Not caring is one thing, but TANKING? I don't think so. I think Denver much rather show OKC they can compete rather than making OKC underestimate them.

Denver is NOT going to play Dallas. Denver is locked to play OKC. Look at the game difference.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by christhegun View Post
    Careful with this theory. You're talking about a group of super competitive athletes who want to win every single night. You don't get to where they are by tanking games. Not caring is one thing, but TANKING? I don't think so. I think Denver much rather show OKC they can compete rather than making OKC underestimate them.

Denver is NOT going to play Dallas. Denver is locked to play OKC. Look at the game difference.
    I've seen Denver tank a game intentionally in 2008. They were in Portland playing a must win for the 2nd seed, but Houston beat Dallas just minutes earlier so Denver clinched. The Nuggets got ran off the floor that day. The mentality might be different for these Nuggets if they go into this game thinking like this. The Nuggets really has no reason to win in OKC and shouldn't show the Thunders anything that they could expose in the playoffs. Tomorrow game is basically an exhibition game.

frostno98

Classic tank job. If these two meet in the playoffs you will see a different Nuggets team. Like the previous game, the Nuggets bench continues to get taken advantage on the boards. Affalo will be back in the starting line up and is a better scorer than Chandler. Birdman and Mosgov are going to be a huge of the bench with their 6'11 and 7'1 height.