madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by politicin View Post
    i don't think karma comes around to avenge some degenerate that lays 18-1 on a team that is a lock for the playoffs already... make a retarded bet, lose money/value
    karma will avenge people like you who laugh at others in despair. You laugh because seeing others in pain brings you pleasure because youre a miserable s.o.b. Your life is so crap you need others to be down to make yourself feel less of a failing degenerate misfit. Enjoy your already thin bank roll loser.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hardly, I just laugh at people who are unintelligent enough to stick their necks in a circular saw... if you don't want to get hit by a car don't go sledding on the expressway

Worthy to note: I'm not laughing at his despair, I'm laughing at the stupid choices he makes. Nobody that has any knowledge of risk management would ever place that wager. Don't take a break buddy, take up a new hobby.
    Last edited by politicin; 04-06-11 at 06:25 AM.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

It is tough to play favs this time of year but that was a rough loss

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by madrabbit View Post
    Pointless game for the lakers. They didnt give a fu--for one thousand measerly dollars when youve already made 2k today is stupid to put up 17k. I went out for a bit and suspected when i come back to read this you may have did it. I'm not sympathetic what so ever because you keep doing it and this game was stupid to bet on. You would have lost somewhere along the line guaranteed and you have and you were in this same spot weeks ago and will be so again until you learn the lesson. You can only run the gauntlet so many times. Im not saying dont bet big because I do and many do the thing is dont do it all the time and dont do it when the season is almost up and this team of all dont give a **** and probably had money on it themselves.
    i would have to agree with madrabbit. this was unecessary and pointless bet. u already won with the hawks. i think u got greedy. did u think this bet through b4 u made it or was this impulsive?
    i think these loses are unavoidable with ML betting. i had no $$ on it but, im still stunned by the lakers loss to cavs.
    u will be fine, u got nba playoffs, french open and wimbledon coming up. time is still on ur side.

tar_baby
    tar_baby's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow....I've gotten burned on huge moneyline plays before but never for this much....maybe a -1000 game where I bet $1000. It always seems like the one you bet one ends up being a nail-biter or a loss. Whereas if you had bet the -1000 from the night before it was a 30 point blowout for an easy $100....such is the gambling game I guess.
    Last edited by tar_baby; 04-06-11 at 09:43 AM.

SUPREME
    I REIGN
    SUPREME's Avatar Become A Pro!

RIP

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey all, thanks for the good wishes.....had a rough time tryna sleep last night for sure but it's not the end of the world.

All in all, I am still up a good bit but losing that much on a stupid and reckless play on my end hurt a lot....nonetheless, I'm not going to kill myself over it. Just gotta make smarter decisions and get back to it....BOL all.

I still have a decent-sized bankroll and will work my way back up. Wish me luck all....a dismal performance by lakers, they didn't want to win that one-no doubt about it and it was just absurd of me to take them with that much chalk and considering all the other deep public favorites also won (NY, chicago, spurs, boston).

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad you're still alive man, best of luck on your future bets.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by sportman1313 View Post
    hey all, thanks for the good wishes.....had a rough time tryna sleep last night for sure but it's not the end of the world.

All in all, I am still up a good bit but losing that much on a stupid and reckless play on my end hurt a lot....nonetheless, I'm not going to kill myself over it. Just gotta make smarter decisions and get back to it....BOL all.

I still have a decent-sized bankroll and will work my way back up. Wish me luck all....a dismal performance by lakers, they didn't want to win that one-no doubt about it and it was just absurd of me to take them with that much chalk and considering all the other deep public favorites also won (NY, chicago, spurs, boston).
    Bro.....I was watching the end of this game at a friends and I thought of all of the people that may have taken LA ML

Tough tough loss, but use it as a lesson and get back on the grind.....I would take a few days off, but if you see an opportunity tonight or tomorrow go for it

You said it and I'm not trying to be a jerk at all here, but it's much better to think of all the angles before you bet. Laying -1700 in the NBA is bad enough as it is, especially when the team doesn't even have anything to play for. If you had the "itch" to bet this game, just risk 1000 and bet any of the sides or totals.

Hope you can win a few in a row and get back on track GL

sportman1313

thanks bro....yeah, this was impulsive as hell man. The plan was after the spurs game to just watch a movie and relax...instead, i was like wtf, let's get more dough (got greedy). Oh well though, can't change it now....but boy does it hurt.

Already have some tennis plays....... Dimitrov -190 to win 1k
    Stosur -900 to win 500
    Haven't done anything else but leaning hard on karlovic, but may play that one after dimitrov game ends.

BOL to you bro and thanks for the good wishes....i've been down before and can't panic (in all respects, I'm still up this season so can't really complain I guess). Boy was that a stupid play though...unbelievable. BOL man
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

Bro.....I was watching the end of this game at a friends and I thought of all of the people that may have taken LA ML

Tough tough loss, but use it as a lesson and get back on the grind.....I would take a few days off, but if you see an opportunity tonight or tomorrow go for it

You said it and I'm not trying to be a jerk at all here, but it's much better to think of all the angles before you bet. Laying -1700 in the NBA is bad enough as it is, especially when the team doesn't even have anything to play for. If you had the "itch" to bet this game, just risk 1000 and bet any of the sides or totals.

Hope you can win a few in a row and get back on track GL

sportman1313

thanks man....i appreciate it. Yeah man, i was in absolute shock with the loss and couldn't sleep last night....but what can ya do? In the grand scheme of things, I know this is trivial.....very very difficult to convince myself of this at the moment though. Oh well though, BOL to u too
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS925 View Post
    Glad you're still alive man, best of luck on your future bets.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Hey man, you seem like a good dude. I've made many similar mistakes over the past couple years, and I want to think that I'm getting a bit better. I try to cash out a lot more frequently, and I try not to risk more than I can afford to lose without losing too much sleep. If it makes you feel any better, I've blown more than 70K in house money more than a year ago, and haven't gotten near that level ever since. Blew another opportunity to cash out 20K plus. In any case, I take things day by day way more now & focus more on bankroll management & cash flows even though I tend to fukk up every couple months when I go too crazy on something. You HAVE to look at it long-term and not get too greedy. I cashed out $812 this morning plus W U fees (another $105 at TheGreek - my winnings from various bets last night) and my BR is sitting solid at $3500 at the moment. I won a few wagers last night & lost a couple, but still came up in the positive.

Quote Originally Posted by sportman1313 View Post
    thanks man....i appreciate it. Yeah man, i was in absolute shock with the loss and couldn't sleep last night....but what can ya do? In the grand scheme of things, I know this is trivial.....very very difficult to convince myself of this at the moment though. Oh well though, BOL to u too

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stop bumping this thread guys, it's depressing, let's forget about it and go on with our lives.

Producer2627
    Didnt know we couldnt help people out
    Producer2627's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey man it is good to see you are ok and ready to move on. You will get that money back man, clear your mind and do more research and I see you getting all that money back. BOL

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

It's all good man. If you got 17k to throw around on the Lakers ML you should just martingdale the Lakers ML until they win again.LOL

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Do you ever play the ******* underdog? All you bet are gigantic favorites. You deserve to lose.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

tar_baby
    tar_baby's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe it was fixed

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Do you ever play the ******* underdog? All you bet are gigantic favorites. You deserve to lose.
    wow... you are pathetic...

what's the reason of saying this? fist of all he doesn't play only gigantic favorites, he was on Spurs ML befor picking Lakers.
    And he is a very careful capper, if he calls himself "capper".
    he made lots of Ks and i think he is down a 2 or 3K dollars now, so he will be ok.

And he will comeback.

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen
    MysteryMung's Avatar Become A Pro!

tough to read - BOL in your future bets.

CapperGuy
    CapperGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 698

I been capping sportman for a while now even on other sites he posts on, and he is still well into the positives for this year so I'm sure he is fine and ready for the next play! Tough pill to swallow throwing 17K on a team that will probably win the championship this year yet again but ends up coming short on a game they didn't give a rats ass about. Sporty bang on the tennis that's definitely your strong point plus it's easier to play ML on one individual versus an entire team. BOL to you bro

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Sporty is one of the best cappers in here i think. He has done a very good job this season best of luck bro can't win them all. But i know you win most of them.

sportman1313

thanks for the kind and encouraging words fellas....appreciate it and wish you all the best. I'm still up a good bit throughout the past few months but definitely took a huge huge hit that stupid loss and boy does it still hurt.

Nonetheless, I had a good day today after a bad start in tennis....up around 890 thanks to isner, karlovic, and stosur winning. I had dimitrov and he absolutely choked when it counted....couldn't convert two set points in 1st set and was up 3-1 with two double points, and ended up losing the set 6-3. Pathetic...BOL all and thanks again for support

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

playoffs bro please, please, pleeeeeeeaaaaaseeee save heaps for this. You know lakers at home are gonna kill new orleansimho, load up 40k on game 1 and 2.

Kalibongo
    Banned
    Kalibongo's Avatar Become A Pro!

ugabooga
    ugabooga's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strong bump!

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by Petenana15 View Post
    hmm prolly should have put 17k on Utah ML... that would have been a shit ton of cash

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Lesson here. Tough read. Never bet NBA MLs like this. Have you guys watched the NBA?

Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

We should sticky this thread for noobs...

Kalibongo
    Banned
    Kalibongo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I always read this thread whenever I lose big to remind me that someone lost more money than me. This thread keeps me from quitting gambling.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

I fuckin love it!

Huge +EV, I put my whole bankroll of 18 dimes on it to win 1000, fuckin easy money!!!

Oh just checked the score...

First ... 2345