brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Minnesota - 8 vs Boston

play this one for free money

Boston seemingly hasn't covered a spread in about a month. No reason to think that they start now

also 8 points is a ton for a road game

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I think Minn wins this game su

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Its rare but i'm really thrown off by this line. Celtics are not playing good basketball right now, really since the Perkins trade the team has not been impressive at all and this is when they get the biggest line on the road all the year? They didn't get that many points when playing the Cavs, Kings, Raptors, Wizards. Biggest line they've had was -7 and this just went up to -9. All that cause of Kevin Love and his fake ass hustle? Give me a break. Wolves played in Dallas and in OKC since he's been out and covered both games losing by 8 each game. And that was away to 2 teams in much better form then the Celtics. Now they are suppose to go home and lose by 9? Wolves are not that horrible at home. They only lost to Boston by 3 in the game in Boston and Love went 3/11 in that game scoring just 12 points, did have a bunch of rebounds.

I wasn't gonna play this game but i'm thinking about it now.

Smalo89
    Smalo89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I would steer clear of this game, Celts got a practice in yesterday with both the starters and new guys for the first time together in a month or so. Kevin Love is questionable but may play. Depending if the practice worked out some of the kinks that the Celts have had lately might easy determine whether this is a 6 pt win or 16 pt win for the Celts. Just my advice but stay away from this, much better games on the board today.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wo...9cP3DieyckcUsX

http://www.youtube.com/user/espnforsberg

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Celtics win this game, and I think the spread is damn accurate. I teased the TWolves up to +14. Don't think they'll lose by that much. I'm thinking 98-89 final

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Your title should be Minnesota +8

btd
    btd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6834

BOL with pick tonite.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Celtics win this game, and I think the spread is damn accurate. I teased the TWolves up to +14. Don't think they'll lose by that much. I'm thinking 98-89 final

Celts haven't blown out anybody in a while brah

no reason to think they win by more than 8 points

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

... I know, that's why I'm playing TWolves +14

The line is really accurate IMO, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cs win by 6, or by 10. I'll take a few extra points on Minny

demens
    Square -910

... I know, that's why I'm playing TWolves +14

The line is really accurate IMO, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cs win by 6, or by 10. I'll take a few extra points on Minny
    How can you think this is an accurate line if this is the biggest line Celtics have had on the road all season and they are playing their worst basketball of the season. Wolves are also not the worst team they have faced.

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

lol no matter what side you take on this game it looks like a set up.. only thing ill be comfortable taking here is boston on a ml parlay.. thats about all/

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Its rare but i'm really thrown off by this line. Celtics are not playing good basketball right now, really since the Perkins trade the team has not been impressive at all and this is when they get the biggest line on the road all the year? They didn't get that many points when playing the Cavs, Kings, Raptors, Wizards. Biggest line they've had was -7 and this just went up to -9. All that cause of Kevin Love and his fake ass hustle? Give me a break. Wolves played in Dallas and in OKC since he's been out and covered both games losing by 8 each game. And that was away to 2 teams in much better form then the Celtics. Now they are suppose to go home and lose by 9? Wolves are not that horrible at home. They only lost to Boston by 3 in the game in Boston and Love went 3/11 in that game scoring just 12 points, did have a bunch of rebounds.

I wasn't gonna play this game but i'm thinking about it now.

it's cause of kevin love brah

public perception is that the t wolves suck without him

rsnnh12

How can you think this is an accurate line if this is the biggest line Celtics have had on the road all season and they are playing their worst basketball of the season. Wolves are also not the worst team they have faced.
    What should the line have been?

They aren't playing THAT bad right now. They collapsed in the 4th quarter against Charlotte, but the first 3 quarters were typical Celtics ball (up 13 going into the 4th). I think Doc and the vets will have them motivated after the last few disappointing games, especially late in tonights game

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOGGN View Post
    lol no matter what side you take on this game it looks like a set up.. only thing ill be comfortable taking here is boston on a ml parlay.. thats about all/

lol @ set up

are you one of those fukking retards who think Vegas fixes games??

brahmabull117

What should the line have been?

They aren't playing THAT bad right now. They collapsed in the 4th quarter against Charlotte, but the first 3 quarters were typical Celtics ball. I think Doc and the vets will have them motivated after the last few disappointing games, especially late in tonights game

Celtics have lost 6 out of 10

and they have only faced 3 or 4 winning teams in that stretch

EBDOGGN

demens you make a very valid point here.. but i think you might be over thinking the whole " biggest line of the year on the road". its very close to the end of the season and imo if your in the top 4 for your confrence, you have to think of these games as situational games. the difference between 1st place and third is only 2 games/ Im sure the celtics are aware of this and this game means alot more than the last time they played each other.. If you want to get technical this game might mean more than the last 3 games they had vs miami! simply because it can decide if they get first seed or 3rd.. anyways im sure you get my point. bol with wichever side you chose.

rsnnh12

Celtics have lost 6 out of 10

and they have only faced 3 or 4 winning teams in that stretch
    And they had a 5 game winning streak prior to that...

Last 4 games- won in NO, won in NY, lost by 3 to Memphis, blew 13 pt lead in 4th against Charlotte

They're turning it around from their post-trade slump. They won't let up in the 4th like they did the other night

brahmabull117

Last 4 games- won in NO, won in NY, lost by 3 to Memphis, blew 13 pt lead in 4th against Charlotte

They're turning it around from their post-trade slump. They won't let up in the 4th like they did the other night
    lol

dude they've lost 6 games in the last 2 weeks... The bulls haven't lost 6 games in the last 2 months

Celtics are a great team to fade right now

demens
    Square -910

Whatever helps you sleep at night i guess.

rsnnh12

lol

dude they've lost 6 games in the last 2 weeks... The bulls haven't lost 6 games in the last 2 months

Celtics are a great team to fade right now
    Good for the Bulls?

Pretty sure they have no bearing on tonights Cs game. Good luck fading the Cs though... hopefully you do that for the playoffs too

rsnnh12

Whatever helps you sleep at night i guess.
    Are you watching the games? Or just looking at the results/stats/trends?

I've watched every single Cs game this year. No, they aren't playing their best ball right now, but they are getting out of the slump. Obviously I can't guarantee they cover tonight, or win for that matter, but this team is starting to get into playoff mode... take that for what you will

brahmabull117

Good for the Bulls?

Pretty sure they have no bearing on tonights Cs game. Good luck fading the Cs though... hopefully you do that for the playoffs too

original point that dude was making is that this is a huge line (8 points) for a road game and a team that has only covered 3 out of 10 spreads

I've watched every single Cs game this year. No, they aren't playing their best ball right now, but they are getting out of the slump. Obviously I can't guarantee they cover tonight, or win for that matter, but this team is starting to get into playoff mode... take that for what you will

didn't Doc himself get infuriated because the Celts have been playing so poorly?

rsnnh12

original point that dude was making is that this is a huge line (8 points) for a road game and a team that has only covered 3 out of 10 spreads

didn't Doc himself get infuriated because the Celts have been playing so poorly?
    I don't think the line should've been any lower than Cs -6, and -8 isn't unreasonable IMO

Doc is definitely disappointed, no question. Moreso that they're playing 'selfish' than playing poorly though. They've done better the last 4 games, although obviously the collapse the other day was pathetic. Too much experience on this team for that to continue. They'll be taking their frustrations out on a team soon, wouldn't be surprised if its tomorrow @Indiana. Confidence boost by winning tonight (even if its close), then slaughtering the Pacers

demens
    Square -910

Good for the Bulls?

And what do the play-offs have to do with playing the TWolves having lost 6 out of 10?

Pretty much the point about the Bulls was meant to show you that the Celtics ARE INDEED playing "THAT" bad. But good luck with thinking they wont have a 4th quoter break downs anymore cause apparently when they do, it doesn't mean anything.

demens
    Square -910

Yeah, starting to get into play-off mode = losing at home to the Grizz and then to the pathetic Bobcats. And triple ******* at "do you watch games".

rsnnh12

And what do the play-offs have to do with playing the TWolves having lost 6 out of 10?

Pretty much the point about the Bulls was meant to show you that the Celtics ARE INDEED playing "THAT" bad. But good luck with thinking they wont have a 4th quoter break downs anymore cause apparently when they do, it doesn't mean anything.
    And I agreed they were in a bad slump... so I don't get the point in bringing up the Bulls?

My argument is that they are coming out of the slump. They are playing with more confidence and consistency. During the slump, Pierce/Rondo would go 3/20 one game, KG 4/17 the next, etc. They're starting to be more consistent now, and getting on the same page. I wouldn't bet on the Big 4 to continue shooting that poorly from the field.

Celtics covering 3 of their last 10 (or whatever it was) has 0 bearing on tonights game. Without watching the games, you can't say this team is still playing as bad as they were 8-9 games ago, agreed?
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 03-27-11 at 02:54 PM.

demens
    Square -910

How are they coming out of the slump if they just lost 2 straight games? This is the Celtics we're talking about, not the Cavs being up in the 4th qtr but losing is not a moral victory and it doesn't mean they are anywhere near coming out of this slump.

I wouldn't be surprised if they win by 30 tonight but the line is not what it should have been "technically". It is because of public perception of worthless Kevin Love stats and the silly idea of OMG no way Celtics lose 3 straight so can't really blame the Bulls but value wise its all with Minny.

Not sure if they are worth a play but if you're the type of bettor that loves +EV, this is it. I have 6 games i'm playing already so i think i might leave this one alone.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

The Celtics blew out the Pacers and Bucks last two times I bet on them, and, sure, there's a reason to think they win this by more than eight. This is a major statement game after the two losses including the terrible loss to Charlotte.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    The Celtics blew out the Pacers and Bucks last two times I bet on them, and, sure, there's a reason to think they win this by more than eight. This is a major statement game after the two losses including the terrible loss to Charlotte.
    Ohh please. Facing the Timberwolves and "major statement" game should not be in the same sentence unless you're talking about the Wizards or the Cavs.

Celtics could give a shit about making statement against one of the worst teams in the league in the middle of March. They could give a shit about winning by 8 or 20 or 1 as long they win.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

You're clueless. A couple weeks ago the Celtics had a major statement game against the shitty Bucks in a similar situation. The result: 89-56, total domination.

demens
    Square -910

Yeap, i'm clueless. Boston @ Wolves is a statement game. Congrats. in a forum of morons you made the most idiotic statement of the day.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post

those were home games dude

they played milwaukee on the road and only won by 6

demens
    Square -910

those were home games dude

they played milwaukee on the road and only won by 6
    And that was Bucks without Bogut.

brahmabull117

Yeap, i'm clueless. Boston @ Wolves is a statement game. Congrats. in a forum of morons you made the most idiotic statement of the day.

EBDOGGN

i did not say they are trying to make a statement or whoop the twolves ass to death. what i am saying is that this games means just as much considering the position they are in. if they win this game they can stay ahead of the heat for 2nd in the confrence.

12 Last