Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

How Important Was David West to New Orleans?

I don't know how to account for West's injury. If the Hornets had West, I see the Lakers only winning by about 4 points. Without West, I don't know. How much of their offense was West and how integral was he to the interior defense? Any insight would be great. Thanks

Always for good measure:

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Basically I know West's stats and he is good, but how much does this injury disrupt the team?

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

no disrespect to chris paul

but david west was their best player this season. he showed up in big moments and often kept the team in the game when they played on the road.

BiePoker
    BiePoker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 275

there are no indispensable persons

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

David West is good but so is Carl Landry. He's as good as David West once he grows a bit more as a player but he's in the same mold.

scholesy
    [Too Long]
    scholesy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1685

Carl Landry should be able to fill in just fine.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Landry will make up for the scoring, but this is a HUGE loss for the Hornets cause West was much more then a scorer. Hornets are not going to fall apart, they will still be tough to be at home and defensively will stay in the game against some strong opponents. They wont start getting blown out by teams all of the sudden but they will lose more of those close games then before. I think they will fall out of play-off position if the Rockets continue to play like they have. So how important is West? Very important when it comes to winning games, ATS wise it shouldn't make that big of a difference.