riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I will try Houston ML against Miami

The Rockets have been on fire recently and Miami has been playing sub par. I don't understand how Miami is giving up 8.5 points.

Am I missing something here?

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    The Rockets have been on fire recently and Miami has been playing sub par. I don't understand how Miami is giving up 8.5 points. Am I missing something here?
    They're at home, D.Wade torched Houston 1st meeting for 45 pts, Bosh has come into his own now back in a forward role, Ilgauskas returns. Miami isn't really playing subpar, 4-1 last 5 with the loss against OKC. 6 games ago Houston lost @ home to Spurs 107-115. 2 days later Miami @ home destroyed Spurs 110-80. Houston on a 5 game streak against Suns, Bobcats, Slumping Celtics, Jazz by 2, and GSW in a blowout. Heat on 4 game streak against Hawks, (infinitely better since Melo trade) Nuggets team, Pistons, and Sixers. Now I will admit Heat only beat Pistons by 4, but Rockets only beat em by 8. The Spurs game is much more relevant I believe. I still am taking Houston +8.5 because the line does seem high according to the numbers, but this is not an easy pick by any means. It will most likely come down to whose 2nd unit performs as I see the big 3 going for somewhere around 75-80pts and Houston's 5 going for around 65-70. With Chalmers out, Heat might not have the firepower to cover. If Wade goes for 45 again though, yikes. I imagine Heat will get the w @ home, but the cover may be a stretch.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Ok, I'll admit I'd used a bit of hyperbole with my descriptions. The only reason I was taking the money ML was because the payout is worth the risk.

This game might be another scoring fest but the Rockets did shut the Portland and a lot of other teams after the All Star break. They are playing better now than the first time they meet Miami. And Miami isn't playing as well as they were playing back then.

The Spurs have been blown out this by teams that have almost no D like the Knicks and the Magic.

Yeah, I'm not saying this is easy money. Now of this money is ever easy. Miami may blow them out. Then again, they could get blown out themselves. I'm just saying the Spread is way, way too high I believe.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

rockettes +the points