Tseay
    Tseay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 986

Drafting and Handicapping

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Who knows the exact speed increase in drafting? I think it is near 5mph. if that is the case, given the new restictor rules for the supertracks, then the track management becomes key to the winner. At Daytona, 88 gave up the lead looking for his draft partner, and ended up on an off match. Drafting has become the most important key in handicapping the winner.[/COLOR]

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

I am not 100% sure, but from memory I think they were gaining more like 12mph at Daytona.

thefastship
    thefastship's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel that the most important factor is the drivers understanding of the draft and the ability to push and be pushed properly. Baring a wreck, Tony, Dale, Gordon. and Harvick and Newman are always strong picks.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Really hard to cap The superspeedways. Too much sht can and does happen. Too many drivers trying different strategies.

Tseay

ol is a short track and the effects of drafting will be redused. THe longest straight away is 650 feet, J Johnson won last year, will be interesting.....

avssakic
    avssakic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4193

Yep superspeedways are a crap shoot. I stay away from them

thefastship
    thefastship's Avatar Become A Pro!

I won the McMurray's Daytona and Harvicks Talladegga race last year. I love them bc of the great odds you can find. You can bet value here and have just as good of a chance as the heavy faves.

Tseay

I am not sure, but I think that at Bristol, the usual favorites win. I can't remember if Bristol is the shortes track, I'll look it up. Drafting on the supertracks adds about 5mph, a rather siginificant bump in speed. Different cars are used on the short tracks.

Tseay

OF the last 20 NASCAR races at Bristol, 10 years, there hace been two instances where the ole winner went on to win, Edwards i '08 and Kenseth in '05. SO the pole sisser may not be a good bet. THe Bushes dominate victory lane, 4 wins for Kyle (the recent winner) and 4 for Kurt in the last 20 runs.