semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18995

F1 2021 British Grand Prix

Bettors should be aware of the weekend's format and unusual session times before making any wagers.

https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2021/Great_Britain.html

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Really looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Due to the unknowns I took Lando as a long shot for fastest and top 3 in Practice 1. Just small bets.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

A likely scenario is all the drivers use P1 for qualifying simulations only and do their race simulations in P2 tomorrow. That would mean no value in backing outsiders for P1 fastest lap.

...but it's a guess.

It's pretty hot here in the South of England at the moment,, (14:20), but it won't be for qualifying at 18:00 local time. I haven't looked at any of the odds but if it's breezy later on it might help Norris.

Optional

Red Bull still only ones to have used the softs with 15 mins to go in P1 (and Lando sitting 2nd fastest so far)

I exepcted more fast lap for quali work too.

I guess they think they can make up grid positions in the sprint race easier than not having race run data today.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Perez baulked in P1 but Verstappen was .78 quicker than anyone else. Pole looks like a formality for him. The inevitable cooler evening temperature will hurt the Red Bulls. Any wind would hurt Mercedes and Aston Martin. The biggest surprise was how poor the Williams and Alfa Romeo were. The Alpha Tauri, Aston Martin, Ocon, and especially Ricciardo should shorten odds for a points finish. Ricciardo will fancy a top 6 finish on Sunday.

...but again, it's a guess after 1 session, and the Ferraris were difficult to gauge.

Optional

It was nice to see Dan half competitive but quali will reveal if he really is closer.

Pole Margin Over 0.25 secs +110
    Sainz > LeClerc +200
    Ocon > Alonso +125