Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Open letter to NASCAR.com

Dear NASCAR.com,

Just thought I’d say hello and ask if everyone in there knows what an embarrassing joke the new website is.

Was wondering if maybe one of the France’s 19 year old kids has done it? Or someone just out of design school maybe? Or more likely someone who didn’t finish design school. It’s most definitely someone who has never used the site for their own interest, nor has any clue what NASCAR fans want imho.

Basically it’s the worst website of any that I want to use regularly. Not just that so many things don’t work, it’s the terrible design. I am still shaking my head now wondering how this mess came about from an elite level sport body turning over millions of dollars weekly.

I was pleased at you taking over from Turner, as I expected some improvements. I didn’t really think it was possible to make it worse, but you definitely have!

I’d like to respectfully suggest that you cut your losses ASAP and get a good designer in to do this very important job. And whoever has started this must be removed from any further influence over the project.

Regards,

Disappointed Fan #9

--------------------------

Do us all a favor and email them too. fanfeedback@nascar.com

Maybe we can get them to start again with a proper plan rather than wasting any further time trying to fix this abomination.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

it is just awful

GP
    GP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

slow ass molasses

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Agree terrible site

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Yeah it sux! great letter OPTI, I hope they get busy working with the site. BTW when I went through CBS fantasy racing website it takes you too Nascar.com. Seemed to work a bit faster, and let me log in for a change!

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6773

I agree. The main reason I use the website is for historical data. Unless I'm not looking in the right spot, the only historical results I can find now are from 2012.

Optional

I think what has happened is they started with a mobile friendly design and are trying to jam all the other stuff in where they can.

Wonder if they will reply

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

reminds me of the tennis bracket site which in the name of "upgrades" made everything unusable

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

I tried to find the Nationwide results on the website this morning and after 5 minutes I just gave up and went to the ESPN website.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: yisman

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I know I checked it out yesterday and was like WTF. Its slow as shit and way to big.

I like to use MotorRacingNewtork dot com for most of my betting purposes but every now and then I'll go to Nascar dot com for something but not anymore.

Optional

I can't get the driver scanner to work in the NASCAR 13 app, so decided I would try to go the website on my phone and login there and see if I could get the scanner on my phone that way.

But the website immediately crashes the browser on my Android phone. Never had another website do that before.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Stange how slow it is on different browsers, I really dont like the new design. I tested speeds out, pretty poor numbers.

MatI

I got this an hour into the race. Raceview didn't work for me at all though.

Dear RaceView Subscriber,
    NASCAR.com is experiencing technical issues with accessing the RaceView product. We want to acknowledge these issues with you and ask for your patience as we work through the problem.
    We want to insure you enjoy your RaceView experience today and throughout the 2013 season. You paid for a product and obviously expect it to operate as promised - as do we.
    We are providing direct links into the RaceView products to our subscribers to bypass some of the technical problems we are having with NASCAR.com.
    To access RaceView Premium click HERE.
    To access RaceView Audio (formerly Scanner) click HERE.
    Note: We are granting all RaceView Audio subscribers access to the RaceView Premium link for the Daytona 500. You can receive all of the features of RaceView Audio plus the virtual video, if you choose.

We regret that these issues are impacting your enjoyment of the Daytona 500. We are working diligently to fix the problem moving forward and will communicate with you directly with the progress we are making.
    If you have any questions about your subscription or need assistance, please visit our customer support centerHERE.
    Thank you for your support of NASCAR. Enjoy the race!

Sincerely,

NASCAR.com

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Funny thing is, the old site was fuking terrible too.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    I got this an hour into the race. Raceview didn't work for me at all though.

Dear RaceView Subscriber,
    NASCAR.com is experiencing technical issues with accessing the RaceView product. We want to acknowledge these issues with you and ask for your patience as we work through the problem.
    We want to insure you enjoy your RaceView experience today and throughout the 2013 season. You paid for a product and obviously expect it to operate as promised - as do we.
    We are providing direct links into the RaceView products to our subscribers to bypass some of the technical problems we are having with NASCAR.com.
    To access RaceView Premium click HERE.
    To access RaceView Audio (formerly Scanner) click HERE.
    Note: We are granting all RaceView Audio subscribers access to the RaceView Premium link for the Daytona 500. You can receive all of the features of RaceView Audio plus the virtual video, if you choose.

We regret that these issues are impacting your enjoyment of the Daytona 500. We are working diligently to fix the problem moving forward and will communicate with you directly with the progress we are making.
    If you have any questions about your subscription or need assistance, please visit our customer support centerHERE.
    Thank you for your support of NASCAR. Enjoy the race!

Sincerely,

NASCAR.com

I didn't get that email, but lucked across the raceview premium. Which was ok... for the 20% of the race it worked for.

1fastmr2
    1fastmr2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6098

I agree the site is terrible!! And Nascar does not care!! If they did it would have been fixed by now!!

MatI

raceview is finally working for me!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

the new site is just soooooooooo bad

information is like looking for a needle in a haystack....i dont even open it now

its sad cause i loved finding something quick i needed

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    raceview is finally working for me!
    scanner seems to be working well today too.

yisman

coming up on the pages now:

We apologize. We are having technical issues with our comment sections and fan community and it is temporarily unavailable. We are actively working on these issues and hope to have it up and running soon. We are also working on enhancements to provide a better forum for our fans. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

yisman

I went to NASCAR's website for today's official race results, thinking they'd know. Nope. Their official leaderboard listed Harvick and several other drivers in today's field as not finishing in the top 43. (just lines across the board)

they finally fixed it.

GP
    GP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

LOL. I was looking for some 2012 stats at nascar.com, http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...ies/stats.html

try this, click on 2012 season. jimmie johnson is nowhere to be found. truex, earnhardt, and yelley are there twice. smh.

Optional

Finally found something good to say about nascar.com

They do an event page that covers all 3 series and is kept updated with TV info and links to info/leaderboard/results now.

Always thought that was a glaring omission

-------------------------------------------

All times ET
    TUESDAY, JULY 23

ON TRACK
    -- 4:30-6:30 p.m. ET -- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice (Get results)
    -- 7-9 p.m. ET -- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, SPEED (Get results)
    GARAGECAM
    WATCH LIVE
    -- Camping World Truck Series debut: 4 p.m.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 24

ON TRACK
    -- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET -- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice (Get results)
    -- 5:05 p.m. ET -- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series qualifying (2 laps) (Get results)
    -- 7 p.m. ET -- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first qualifying race (8 laps), SPEED (Get results)
    -- 7:15 p.m. ET -- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series second qualifying race (8 laps), SPEED (Get results)
    -- 7:30 p.m. ET -- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series third qualifying race (8 laps), SPEED (Get results)
    -- 7:45 p.m. ET -- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fourth qualifying race (8 laps), SPEED
    (Get results)
    -- 8 p.m. ET -- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fifth qualifying race (8 laps), SPEED
    (Get results)
    -- 8:45 p.m. ET -- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series last chance race (15 laps), SPEED (Get results)
    -- 9:35 p.m. ET -- The CarCash Mudsummer Classic presented by CNBC Prime's The Profit (150 laps, 60-50-40, 75 miles), SPEED (Get results)

FRIDAY, JULY 26

ON TRACK
    -- 8:30-10 a.m., NASCAR Nationwide Series practice (Get results)
    -- 10:30-11:25 a.m., NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice, SPEED (Get results)
    -- 11:35 a.m.-1 p.m., NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, SPEED (Get results)

PRESS CONFERENCES

WATCH LIVE
    10:15 a.m. -- Jeff Gordon
    10:30 a.m. -- Clint Bowyer
    10:45 a.m. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    1 p.m. -- Sam Hornish Jr.
    GARAGECAM
    WATCH LIVE
    -- Nationwide: 10 a.m.
    -- Sprint Cup, 11:05 a.m.

SATURDAY, JULY 27

ON TRACK
    -- 9-11 a.m., NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, ESPN2 (Follow live)
    -- 12:05 p.m., NASCAR Nationwide Series qualifying (2 laps), SPEED (Follow live)
    -- 2:10 p.m., NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying (2 laps), ESPN (Follow live)
    -- 4:30 p.m., Indiana 250 (100 laps, 250 miles), ESPN on air at 4 (Follow live)
    PRESS CONFERENCES
    WATCH LIVE
    8 a.m. -- Jimmie Johnson
    12:30 p.m. -- Danica Patrick
    4 p.m. (approximately) -- Post Sprint Cup qualifying
    7 p.m. (approximately) -- Post Nationwide race
    SUNDAY, JULY 28

ON TRACK
    -- 1 p.m., Crown Royal presents the Samuel Deeds 400 at the Brickyard powered by BigRedMachines.com (160 laps, 400 miles), ESPN on air at noon (Follow live)
    PRESS CONFERENCES
    WATCH LIVE

4:30 p.m. (approximately) -- Post Sprint Cup race
    MORE:
    Note: Links will be added as information becomes available.

Sprint Cup: Season schedule | Standings | Entry list | Qualifying order | Pit stall assignments | Lineup | Results
    Nationwide: Season schedule | Standings | Entry list | Qualifying order | Pit stall assignments | Lineup | Results
    Camping World Truck: Season schedule | Standings | Entry list | Qualifying order | Pit stall assignments | Lineup | Results

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Is there any reason to get the apps from NASCAR? Seems I can't get lineups during a race on reg site kn iphone so maybe that's what apps are for? I've never even looked in the apple App Store even for free ones. No idea how it works

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Is there any reason to get the apps from NASCAR? Seems I can't get lineups during a race on reg site kn iphone so maybe that's what apps are for? I've never even looked in the apple App Store even for free ones. No idea how it works
    you need to subscribe to get anything more than a simple leaderboard with no times

yisman

another bug

if you hover over schedule on the site, it gives you a different times for the next race than the schedule page does.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post

I use it on my phone subscription free if a sprint customer