TheMoneyTree
    TheMoneyTree's Avatar Become A Pro!

engage Super League

Well the new engage Super League season kicks off on Saturday 12th & 13th February with for the first time ever the opening round of fixtures taking place in the neutral 'Magic Weekend' venue of the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, The stand out fixture of the opening weekend is the repeat of last seasons Grand Final which sees the current League Leader's Shield & Super League Grand Final winners Wigan Warriors take on fierce rivals St Helens aswell as big local derbies between Bradford Bulls vs Leeds Rhinos & Hull FC vs Hull Kingston Rovers.

Huddersfield Giants vs Warrington Wolves (12 Feb 2011 -13:00 GMT)
    Catalan Dragons vs Harlequins RL (12 Feb 2011 - 15:00 GMT)
    Castleford Tigers vs Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (12 Feb 2011 - 17:00 GMT)
    St Helens vs Wigan Warriors (12 Feb 2011 19:00 - GMT)
    Crusaders RL vs Salford City Reds (13 Feb 2011 12:00 - GMT)
    Bradford Bulls vs Leeds Rhinos (13 Feb 2011 14:00 - GMT)
    Hull FC vs Hull Kingston Rovers (13 Feb 2011 16:00 - GMT)

TheMoneyTree

My 1st Bet of the 2011 engage Super League season will come in the highlight fixture of the 'Magic Weekend' the repeat of the 2010 Grand Final (Wigan Warriors 22-10 St Helens) which sees defending champions Wigan Warriors take on fierce rivals and last seasons runners-up St Helens, A quick look at the two teams and a look into the reason behind this selection is that whereas in previous seasons the reigning champions have seemed to go into the next season with in more cases the same squad in which they won the title with Wigan Warriors have strengthened an already impressive squad which had great strength in depth with 3 overseas signings from Australias 2007 & 2009 Grand Final winning side Melbourne Storm (Although the titles where later stripped for salary Cap breaches) in New Zealand Internation Prop Forward - Jeff Lima (28), Australian International Second Row - Ryan Hoffman (27) & Halfback - Brett Finch (29) who is ruled out of the opening fixture with injury aswell as the return to fitness of Winger/FullBack - Amos Roberts (30) who missed a large part of last season due to injury, The only setback is that they will be without last seasons engage Super League 'Top Points Scorer' & 'Man Of Steel' who is ruled out with an Achilles injury but the returning Amos Roberts is a more than capable replacement. St Helens on the other hand have lost their inspirational leader & Legend in Keiron Cunningham to retirement which in my opinion leaves a big dent in the side as he was there go too man who could often spark the team into action when struggling & Experienced former Australia International Centre Matt Gidley = big losses to an already aging side but they have brought in some fresh young faces but untested at a top level club in ex Harlequins RL Prop Forward - Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook (25), England International Centre - Michael Shenton (24) From Castleford Tigers & Experienced Prop Forward Josh Perry (30) from Australias Manly Sea-Eagles (Who misses the start of the season due to injury).

So to the game Wigan Warriors are coming off 3 succesive Pre-Season wins in which they have looked strong and fully prepared to try and regain their crown, also in the last game 18-24 victory against 2010 Challenge Cup winners Warrington Wolves (2nd Favourites for the 2011 Championship behind Wigan)inWarringtonthey had a fixture that i believe brings them straight into and up to speed with the intensity needed to start the new engage Super League season, Apart from Pat Richards & Brett Finch they have a fit improved squad with also 14/17 of last seasons Grand Final winning side available, St Helens on the otherhand were beaten comfortably 12-36 by the Huddersfield Giants in their final Pre-Season game which isn't ideal preperation and big question marks still hang over the fitness of key halfback pairing Kyle Eastmond & Leon Pryce who have both had surgery at the end of the 2010 season and little game time in Pre-Season, 12/17 of last seasons Grand Final losing side available for the opening fixture, to add to this St Helens coach Royce Simmons has spent most of the week in Australia due to family illness and isn't back in the country yet which isn't ideal for Saints going into such a big clash against the competitions no1 team, as it's early in the season and we can't be 100% sure what level the teams are at and although i like the handicap of Wigan Warriors -2 and i do expect a victory of 8-12 points i'll be playing it safe and just backing the outright win.

Selection No1:

£50:
    Wigan Warriors (To Beat) St Helens @ 1.70 (SportingBet)
    St Helens vs Wigan Warriors (12 Feb 2011 19:00 - GMT)

TheMoneyTree

Wigan Warriors are now at a highest available price of 1.60 with SportingBet and can be found at a low of 1.44 to win the match against St Helens outright, Leon Pryce is officially RULED OUT for St Helens which is a major blow to their playmaking and question marks have to be hanging over whether Kyle Eastmond can last the full 80 minutes with the little amount of game time he has had in Pre-Season since his bulging disk in his neck & ankle injuries of last year.

RLF
    RLF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 496

16 all draw. Unlucky

TheMoneyTree

Unbelievable game of Rugby League as Wigan Warriors somehow manage to throw away a 16-0 lead against St Helens by conceding 3 Tries (2 Converted) in the last 16 minutes of the game to draw 16-16 despite dominating for most of the game Wigan Warriors got off to a flying start going into the break 12-0 up with some great attacking play and their defence showing no signs of cracking with some ruthless tackles stopping anything that St Helens (Who lacked ideas in attack just as i though in the absence of Leon Pryce) could throw at them, Shortly after the break they extended the lead to 16-0 and it looked like they had the game in the bag looking solid both with and without the ball, Then with 16 minutes left a lack of discipline and what i can only assume was fatigue being the 1st game of the 2011 season allowed St Helens to mount their comeback with Wigan falling off tackles and holding down the Saints players to allow for extra rest resulting in St Helens making easy yards up the field on the back of penalties to eventually level 16-16 with 5 minutes remaining, The drama didn't end there as both Sam Tomkins (Wigan Warriors) & Kyle Eastmond (St Helens) missed late opportunities to win the game with Drop-Goal attempts narrowly going wide of the posts.
    Obviously a disappointing start to the new season but it was just one of those 'Freak' games and i'll take the loss on the chin and move on and look forward to the next game you can't win everytime, Their is a possibility i'll have a 2nd selection tomorrow but more than likely i'll be looking at the line ups before i announce anything and i won't be making a selection unless i feel confident in my choice.

TheMoneyTree's ***engage Super League Plays***
    Wins: 0 / Losses: 1 = 0%
    Profit (+/-) = -£50.00

TheMoneyTree

Quote Originally Posted by RLF View Post
    16 all draw. Unlucky
    Yeah very strange game mate did you see it?, Never did i imagine that Wigan could have managed to throw away a 16-0 lead in that position, reminiscent of the Bradford game last season when leading 0-20 at Half/Time they lost 22-20.

TheMoneyTree

Selection No2:

£35:
    Salford City Reds -2 (To Beat) Crusaders RL @ 1.80 (Stan James)
    Crusaders RL vs Salford City Reds (13 Feb 2011 12:00 - GMT)

I fancy the Salford City Reds to start the new season with a victory over a Crusaders RL that doesn't have a squad with the greatest strength in depth and also a team that have 3 players absent due to VC issues, Salford have recruited well in the Post-Season with 9 new signings (Look out for Luke Pattern a signing from Australias Canterbury Bulldogs to have a big season at Full-Back and could be the spark in the Salford City Reds attack) as they look to push on from last seasons 12th place finish with expectations of a top 8 Play-Off position at the end of the season, Salford City Reds do have 2 Props suspended for the opening game but i do expect them to pick up the victory.

TheMoneyTree

A terrible performance by Salford City Reds who start the new season how they ended 2010 in poor form as Crusaders RL simply blow them apart with a easy 12-42 victory with some fantastic attacking play inspired by new coach Iestyn Harris, The Crusaders forwards bossed the game and laid the platform for their backs to finish the job off with 26 unanswered points in the 2nd Half as the teams went into the break at 12-18, Huge positives for Crusaders but an extremely poor start to the new season from a Salford City Reds side tipped for bigger things in engage Super League, It's a shame the only fight Salford City Reds showed in the game was a late punch-up which resulted in Wayne Godwin receiving a Red-Card at the end of the game. Definitely a 'Magic Weekend' for the underdogs so far as Huddersfield, Harlequins RL & Crusaders RL have all picked up unexpected victories over Warrington Wolves, Catalan Dragons & Crusaders RL respectively.

Wins: 0 / Losses: 2 = 0%
    Profit (+/-) = -£85.00

TheMoneyTree

Huddersfield Giants 28-12 Warrington Wolves (12 Feb 2011 -13:00 GMT)
    Catalan Dragons 4-11 Harlequins RL (12 Feb 2011 - 15:00 GMT)
    Castleford Tigers 40-20 Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (12 Feb 2011 - 17:00 GMT)
    St Helens 16-16 Wigan Warriors (12 Feb 2011 19:00 - GMT)
    Crusaders RL 42-12 Salford City Reds (13 Feb 2011 12:00 - GMT)
    Bradford Bulls 28-32 Leeds Rhinos (13 Feb 2011 14:00 - GMT)
    Hull FC 22-34 Hull Kingston Rovers (13 Feb 2011 16:00 - GMT)

A fantastic start to the new engage Super League season with some thrilling games and comeback victories aswell as a number of opening game shocks, My team Leeds Rhinos managed to claw themselves back from 28-10 down against Bradford Bulls with 20 minutes remaining to run out 28-32 winners also Hull Kingston Rovers recovered from an early 14-0 deficit to defeat city rivals Hull FC 22-34 and then there was St Helens 16-16 comeback draw from 0-16 down with 16 minutes left on the clock against regining champions Wigan Warriors. Huddersfield Giants, Harlequins RL, Crusaders RL & Hull Kingston Rovers were all bookmakers underdogs going into the 1st Round of games but came out victorious and only Castleford Tigers covered the bookmakers -minus points Handicap indicating that engage Super League XVI will be closer than ever.
    Last edited by TheMoneyTree; 02-13-11 at 03:30 PM.

TheMoneyTree

The weekend brings us to the 2nd Round of the engage Super League XVI season after a fantastic opening 'Magic Weekend' in Cardiffs Millennium Stadium which brought a number of shocks normal service is resumed this week.

Hull FC vs Leeds Rhinos (18 Feb 2011 20:00 - GMT)
    Salford City Reds vs St Helens (18 Feb 2011 20:00 - GMT)
    Catalan Dragons vs Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (19 Feb 2011 17:30 - GMT)
    Castleford Tigers vs Huddersfield Giants (19 Feb 2011 18:00 - GMT)
    Harlequins RL vs Crusaders RL (20 Feb 2011 14:00 - GMT)
    Bradford Bulls vs Wigan Warriors (20 Feb 2011 15:00 - GMT)
    Warrington Wolves vs Hull Kingston Rovers (20 Feb 2011 15:00 - GMT)

TheMoneyTree

Selection No3:

£50:
    Crusaders RL (To Beat) Harlequins RL @ 2.10 (Victor Chandler)

Write up to follow tomorrow...

RLF

Your bookie didn't give you half back for the draw? Dead heat rule?

TheMoneyTree

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTree View Post
    Selection No3:

£50:
    Crusaders RL (To Beat) Harlequins RL @ 2.10 (Victor Chandler)

Write up to follow tomorrow...

I'm going with Crusaders RL to conquer Harlequins RL at Twickenham Stoop on sunday, My reasons behind this selection are in my opinion the Crusaders put in one of the most impressive performances of the opening week by destroying Salford City Reds 42-12, they looked very fit and sharp for so early into the new season with some fantastic attacking flair aswell as some solid defence and just blew the City Reds apart in the 2nd Half whereas Harlequins RL were very ordinary on the other hand in a gritty victory over an extremely poor Catalan Dragons side whos lack of discipline & errors never put them in the game, The fact that Quins could only muster up an 4-11 victory suggests to me that Harlequins RL will once again be one of the competitions worst sides this season and the lack of experience in the Half-Back pairing could be costly to their chances of threatening teams in attack, Another positive for Crusaders RL is that last week their forwards dominated the Salford pack and laid a perfect platform for their backs to exploit the Salford defence and i can see the same thing happening again against a lightweight Harlequins RL pack.
    Crusaders RL can still be backed at a best priced 2.10 (Sky Bet) and are even priced as low as 1.73 with (Stan James).
    Last edited by TheMoneyTree; 02-18-11 at 04:33 PM.

TheMoneyTree

Your bookie didn't give you half back for the draw? Dead heat rule?
    No mate the draw is always an option so there is no dead heat rule, But i always cover the draw due to it's big price, I failed to mention it on here but i did come away with a profit from the game e.g:

TheMoneyTree

Hull FC 18-32 Leeds Rhinos (18 Feb 2011 20:00 - GMT)
    Salford City Reds 22-56 St Helens (18 Feb 2011 20:00 - GMT)
    Catalan Dragons 14-38 Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (19 Feb 2011 17:30 - GMT)
    Castleford Tigers 18-12 Huddersfield Giants (19 Feb 2011 18:00 - GMT)
    Harlequins RL 20-18 Crusaders RL (20 Feb 2011 14:00 - GMT)
    Bradford Bulls 10-44 Wigan Warriors (20 Feb 2011 15:00 - GMT)
    Warrington Wolves 24-22 Hull Kingston Rovers (20 Feb 2011 15:00 - GMT)

Another round of engage Super League XVI completed and again the luck was against me as Crusaders RL fell to a closely fought 20-18 defeat against Harlequins RL at Twickenham Stoop, Listening to the game it was an even battle with Crusaders dropping the ball numerous times with Try scoring opportunities beckoning near the Quins line especially in the 2nd Half but the Harlequins RL defence held out and they came out on top, Elsewhere Handicap favourites Leeds Rhinos, St Helens & Wigan Warriors all picked up comfortable victories, Warrington Wolves won the game but failed with the Handicap and Castlefield Tigers picked up a surprise win over Huddersfield Giants but the big shock was Wakefield Trinity Wildcats winning straight up despite the bookmakers offering a +20 Handicap advantage to the Wildcats vs Catalan Dragons.
    Onwards and upwards to Round 3

Wins: 0 / Losses: 3 = 0%
    Profit (+/-) = -£135.00

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Tough loss on the Crusaders. I got on pretty early at $2.10 and thought we were on a good thing when the number dropped to evens and less around the place. Lot of money came late for Quins though on Betfair - Crusaders closed $2.16 on that site.

As far as the game goes I listened to it as well and the Crusaders let so many opportunities to win the game slip. Particularly starting with -4 points on the table, losing those types of games is going to kill off their finals hopes.

Wigan-6.5 last night was relatively easy cash though.

TheMoneyTree

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    Tough loss on the Crusaders. I got on pretty early at $2.10 and thought we were on a good thing when the number dropped to evens and less around the place. Lot of money came late for Quins though on Betfair - Crusaders closed $2.16 on that site. As far as the game goes I listened to it as well and the Crusaders let so many opportunities to win the game slip. Particularly starting with -4 points on the table, losing those types of games is going to kill off their finals hopes. Wigan-6.5 last night was relatively easy cash though.
    Yeah we were unlucky with Crusaders mate just one of those games where the luck just wasn't with us on the day and it's best just to forget and move on, Definitely agree with you that they have to be winning against the likes of Quins if they want Top-8 ambitions this season, Well played with the Wigan game, I did like it myself intially but for some reason playing in the World Club Challenge this week made me decide against backing them.

RLF

What are your thoughts on the Club Challenge? I'm thinking Dragons.

TheMoneyTree

What are your thoughts on the Club Challenge? I'm thinking Dragons.
    I'll be the first to admit i didn't watch too much NRL last season but what i do know is that St George Illawarras backline in my opinion is superior to that of Wigan Warriors in fact i might even go as far as saying i'd take all of St Georges 1-7 positions over Wigans and the biggest blow for Wigan Warriors is the absence of 'Man of Steel' winner Pat Richards, who kicked more goals (136) and scored more tries (29) than any other player in Super League last season and that's a lot of numbers to be missing for Wigan, my slight fears are the game is taking place in Wigans home ground DW Stadium how much of an effect that could have i'm not sure and at this moment in time heavy rain showers are forecast in Wigan through the day but if the weather stays dry i think St George are definitely the team worth backing. British sides having won 11 out of the 18 Challenges so far played but the NRL sides have won the last two games and i'd be favouring them to make it 3/3.

EDIT - Wayne Bennett has flew back to Australia to be with his gravely ill mother-in-law, Will that give the St George team an added incentive to pick up the win or will it affect their plans?, I'd still be favouring St George at this moment in time.
    Last edited by TheMoneyTree; 02-23-11 at 05:05 PM.

TheMoneyTree

Here we are with Round 3 of the engage Super League XVI season with the Wigan Warriors vs Castleford Tigers postponed due to Wigans involvement in the 'World Club Challenge'.

Leeds Rhinos vs Harlequins RL (25 Feb 2011 20:00 - GMT)
    St Helens vs Warrington Wolves (25 Feb 2011 20:00 - GMT) SKY
    Crusaders RL vs Bradford Bulls (26 Feb 2011 17:45 - GMT) SKY
    Huddersfield Giants vs Hull FC (27 Feb 2011 15:00 - GMT)
    Hull Kingston Rovers vs Catalan Dragons (27 Feb 2011 15:00 - GMT)
    Wakefield Trinity Wildcats vs Salford City Reds (27 Feb 2011 15:30 - GMT)

TheMoneyTree

Selection No4:

£50:

Leeds Rhinos -16.5 (To Beat) Harlequins RL @ 1.95 (Betfair)

BOL

TheMoneyTree

Selection No4:

£50: Leeds Rhinos -16.5 (To Beat) Harlequins RL @ 1.95 (Betfair)

BOL
    First of all sorry that it was a little close to Kick-off but i reallly like Leeds Rhinos here for a big victory in their first home game of the 2011 season against Harlequins RL, Both sides go into the game on the back of 100% 2/2 win starts to the season but whereas Quins have battled out victories Leeds have showed some fantastic attacking play in the opening two games and could quite easily blitz Quins (Who they have a record of big scoring victories against) with their pace of the game & the handicap inside the opening 1st Half if everything clicks into gear, Leeds look strong all over the park and Harlequins are in my opnion one of the bottom 4 clubs in Super League.

TheMoneyTree

Leeds Rhinos 26-36 Harlequins RL

Well engage Super League XVI truely is a betting coin toss this season and maybe it would be best placed going with the value and backing the underdogs so early on in the season as Harlequins RL pull off a HUGE shock in defeating Leeds Rhinos straight up at Headingley, also another shock tonight as Warrington Wolves end a 22 Super League match winless hoodoo run against St Helens to come out 18-25 winners.

I must be the worst tipster in SBR History at this moment in time
    I'm still very confident come the end of the season i'll be making a sizeable profit
    'KEEP THE FAITH'

Wins: 0 / Losses: 4 = 0%
    Profit (+/-) = -£185.00

TheMoneyTree

Selection No5:

£50:
    St George Illawarra Dragons (To Beat) Wigan Warriors @ 2.00 (Sky Bet)

Wigan Warriors vs St George Illawarra Dragons (27 Feb 2011 19:15 - GMT)
    PROBIZ World Club Challenge

Good Luck

TheMoneyTree

St George Illawarra have an All-Star back line that i would take 1-7 over the Wigan Warriors opposition, Question marks on the fitness of Wigan Centre Martin Gleeson with a Hamstring injury up against two of the best Centres in world rugby in Mark Gasnier & Mark Cooper and an outstanding Full-Back in Daruis Boyd the St George backline could potentially tear Wigan to pieces, Also Stuart Fielden misses out for Wigan in the Forwards which is a massive blow in both impact and work rate for the Wigan pack.

TheMoneyTree

engage Super League XVI Round 3 Results:

Leeds Rhinos 26-36 Harlequins RL (25 Feb 2011 20:00 - GMT)
    St Helens 18-25 Warrington Wolves (25 Feb 2011 20:00 - GMT) SKY
    Crusaders RL 26-30 Bradford Bulls (26 Feb 2011 17:45 - GMT) SKY
    Huddersfield Giants 20-10 Hull FC (27 Feb 2011 15:00 - GMT)
    Hull Kingston Rovers 18-31 Catalan Dragons (27 Feb 2011 15:00 - GMT)
    Wakefield Trinity Wildcats 6-32 Salford City Reds (27 Feb 2011 15:30 - GMT)

Another round of HUGE shocks in the engage Super League XVI as Harlequins RL & Catalan Dragons defy Handicaps of +18 points to win their fixtures against Leeds Rhinos & Hull KR straight up, Warrington Wolves, Bradford Bulls & Salford City Reds were all Bookmakers undergogs going into their games against St Helens, Crusaders RL & Wakefield Trinity Wildcats but came out victorious and Huddersfield Giants picked up the win against Hull FC but drew on the -10 point Handicap, engage Super League XVI really is the most open season so far.

TheMoneyTree

Selection No5:

£50:
    St George Illawarra Dragons (To Beat) Wigan Warriors @ 2.00 (Sky Bet)
    Wigan Warriors vs St George Illawarra Dragons (27 Feb 2011 19:15 - GMT)

Good Luck

Wigan Warriors 15-21 St George Illawarra Dragons
    (27 Feb 2011 19:15 - GMT)

Finally i've broken my Rugby League duck for 2011 as St George Illawarra Dragons add the PROBIZ World Club Challenge to their Trophy Cabinet that already consists of NRL Premiership & Minor Premiership titles, Nobody can argue that St George Illawarra Dragons didn't deserve their win as yet again the defence that didn't conceed a single point in the 2nd Half of the 2010 NRL Play-Off games did the same against Wigan Warriors tonight conceding only two tries in the game and scoring four of their own when turning around a 15-14 Half-Time deficit, As i expected Martin Gleeson came off injured during the game and the St George Illawarra Dragons pack was immense, the backline also showed some fantastic attacking play that resulted in tries for Brett Morris x2 & Matt Cooper aswell as a fantastic solo effort from dummy half from young Hooker Cameron King who unfortunately injured himself in the act of scoring the TRY.

Wins: 1 / Losses: 4 = 20%
    Profit (+/-) = -£135.00

TheMoneyTree

engage Super League XVI Round 4 Fixtures:

Harlequins RL vs Huddersfield Giants (04 Mar 2011 20:00 - GMT) SKY
    Hull FC vs Crusaders RL (04 Mar 2011 20:00 - GMT)
    Salford City Reds vs Wigan Warriors (04 Mar 2011 20:00 - GMT)
    Catalan Dragons vs St Helens (05 Mar 2011 17:30 - GMT)
    Warrington Wolves vs Leeds Rhinos (05 Mar 2011 17:45 - GMT) SKY
    Bradford Bulls vs Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (06 Mar 2011 15:00 - GMT)
    Castleford Tigers vs Hull Kingston Rovers (06 Mar 2011 15:30 - GMT)

TheMoneyTree

Selection No6:

£50:
    Wigan Warriors -12 (To Beat) Salford City Reds @ 1.91 (Victor Chandler)

Good Luck

TheMoneyTree

I'm going for Wigan Warriors to overcome a -12 point Handicap against Salford City Reds on Friday night, Wigan are coming into the game on the back off the Wigan Warriors 15-21 St George Illawarra Dragons
    PROBIZ World Club Challenge defeat and Michael Maguire is not the type of coach who will allow Wigan to start feeling sorry for themselves on the back of the loss and he will expect an instant response from his team and i believe he will get a HUGE performance from them. Wigan are boosted by the return of Prop Forward Jeff Lima from suspension but Centre Martin Gleeson (who should have never played in the last game due to a Hamstring injury) drops out of the 19 man squad replaced by the player they are calling his natural successor Josh Charnley. Salford City Reds on the otherhand go into the game without Coach Shaun McRae through illness and Assistant Coach Phil Veivers is also absent following the death of his mother which isn't ideal preparation for Salford going into the game against last seasons League Leader's Shield & Super League Grand Final winners, Salford have also suffered two heavy defeats already this season Crusaders RL 42-12 Salford City Reds at Millennium Stadium and more interestingly at home Salford City Reds 22-56 St Helens in a game which St Helens were not at full strength and missing some Key players in, In last seasons meetings Wigan covered this weeks Handicap on both occasions and the games brought the following results:

Week 11 - Salford City Reds 4-18 Wigan Warriors
    Week 21 - Wigan Warriors 60-10 Salford City Reds

TheMoneyTree

Selection No6:

£50:
    Wigan Warriors -12 (To Beat) Salford City Reds @ 1.91 (Victor Chandler)

Good Luck
    Salford City Reds 16-32 Wigan Warriors
    (04 Mar 2011 20:00 - GMT)

Super League champions Wigan Warriors climbed up to third in the table with a comfortable 16 point win over Salford City Reds at The Willows.

Harrison Hansen opened the scoring for Wigan before Thomas Leuluai and Lee Mossop added two more first-half tries. Salford answered with Ashley Gibson and Rob Parker scores before the break. Leuluai and Josh Charnley extended Wigan's lead before Chris Nero hit back for the Reds but Darrell Goulding's try rounded off the win for Wigan.

Wins: 2 / Losses: 4 = 40%
    Profit (+/-) = -£89.55
    Last edited by TheMoneyTree; 03-05-11 at 10:25 AM.

TheMoneyTree

Selection No7:

£50:
    Warrington Wolves -6 (To Beat) Leeds Rhinos @ 1.91 (Victor Chandler)
    Warrington Wolves vs Leeds Rhinos (05 Mar 2011 17:45 - GMT)

Good Luck

TheMoneyTree

It's never easy to back against the team you support but a good thing is that you can sometimes see an opportunity and today that is what i see as Warrington Wolves host Leeds Rhinos at Halliwell Jones Stadium. Warrington come into the game full of confidence on the back of only their 2nd ever engage Super League victory against St Helens in 26 meetings in a match which they also dominated a St Helens forward pack that rarely happens in Super League, Leeds Rhinos on the otherhand were completely outplayed by Harelquins RL at home in a performance that can only be described as abysmal and to add to an already crippling injury list they have lost one of their key go forward men in Kylie Leuluai which going into a clash against a Warrington Wolves set of forwards considered one of the biggest and best in the league it doesn't look good for Leeds. Leeds have also dropped one of the brightest prospects in English Rugby League and a stand out player for them this season so far in Ben Jones-Bishop to the bench in favour of the returning Brent Webb at Full-Back and put Lee Smith who looks short of confidence and in poor form onto the Wing, Carl Ablett returning is a boost but Leeds look too lightweight here, Leeds have been gifting too many easy points to the opposition here conceding on average 27.3 points a game against three teams who aren't considering to be challenging for honours come the end of the season and you just can't afford to do that against a top team like Warrington and i'm expecting a Warrington Wolves victory of 10+.

RLF

Cheers for the extensive write-ups. Tailing you.

TheMoneyTree

Cheers for the extensive write-ups. Tailing you.
    Thank you, No problem i Love the game.
    This was chosen as my best bet of the weekend, Remember to cover the draw if your Bookmaker like it does in the UK doesn't 'Push'.

Good Luck

1234 ... Last