adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

CL/Uefa Cup Last 8

Benfica/FC Barcelona

Over 2 and 2.5 +102

I think Barca should win the first leg of this tie. My only concern is them missing 3 key defenders in captain Puyol, Edmilson and Maruqez. On the other hand Benfica know they have no chance of progressing if they have to win or get a good result at Nou Camp, so home team will try to get some advantage from this game and score some goals. Best bet here is the Over goals.

adriano
    all-in

Arsenal/Juventus

Juventus pk and +0.5 -114

Juve has won just twice in England in 15 tries. They have lost only once away in Seria A this season at AC Milan 1-3, and twice in the CL in Germany at B. Munchen 1-2 and at Werder 2-3, and once at home to Roma in Coppa Italia. So only 4 defeats in 43 games this season. This is a game to be taken very seriously and cautiously by both teams here, and at this stage Juve has won numerous times, while Arsenal have never been past the 1/4-finals. Arsenal miss Lungberg for the game, Juve are without Del Piero and Nedved. I can see Juve do what Italians do best in this game, defend, and they can defend and control games like noone esle can. They have one task and that is to stop Henry. Can't imagine Arsenal getting a win with their young scquad, and Henry imo is past his prime, doesn't have the speed that was his main weapon throughout the years.

natrass
    natrass's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by adriano
    Benfica/FC Barcelona

Over 2 and 2.5 +102

I think Barca should win the first leg of this tie. My only concern is them missing 3 key defenders in captain Puyol, Edmilson and Maruqez. On the other hand Benfica know they have no chance of progressing if they have to win or get a good result at Nou Camp, so home team will try to get some advantage from this game and score some goals. Best bet here is the Over goals.
    All very true .. but remember that this same Benfica side have accounted for Man U and Liverpool ... and have done so 'their way' both home and away.

I rate Barca very highly and find it hard to bet against them but the odds for Benfica at home are good value.

As for the goals, Benfica are designed for the low scoring game and I think I am right in seeing Barca have had a few 0-0 aways recently domestically (I may be wrong here).

I find games like this (and the Arse-Juve game) hard to get an angle on. If you have to bet on it (and I dont think these type of 'anything could happen' games are good for betting) but if you had to, Id recommend examining Benfica on the Asians as that is where the real value will be.

Benfica at 5.0 at Expekt is crazy. To put the spin the other way around, Barca will be happy to take them home with minimal damage ... a 0-0, 1-1, even 0-1, 1-2 would be very OK for them.

Good luck though Adriano

adriano
    all-in

Holy shit. Juventus played like old ladies indeed. Barca can't score a goal for two games in a row. F**K. I won't make a soccer bet till the WC.

natrass
    natrass's Avatar Become A Pro!

Champions league is the punters graveyrad Adriano ... stick the nice predictable domestics.

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I agree....I rarely bet on CL after the first group stage.....Inter looks fine for tomorrow, but...

adriano
    all-in

i was right about the Barca game, lots of goalscoring opportunities, still not a single goal, this can happen only in soccer.
    I had Lyon/Milan draw and Inter win as predictions for wednesday, didn't play them...

Let's see what the Uefa cup can offer. I think the Bucarest derby will end goalless and Schalke wins in Sofia. Need a lot more considerations before i play these games though.