The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone betting on Indian Wells?

I got Roddick tonight and won. He was playing one of those Spaniards that are only good on clay; Nadal excluded from that group.

He was only -300. I thought it was a good buy. I expected him to be a much heavier favorite.

I'll look at Federer and I'm sure he'll be something like -2000 against Olivier Rochus. By the way, did you know Rochus is only 5'5"? I find that interesting.

Actually, i have no idea if anyone on this forum even bets tennis. I may be talking to myself here.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tennis be cool, don't know or follow it closely enough to bet with any conviction. Owned, a poster i haven't seen in a while usually bets this stuff too at times, but i think you guys might be in the minority. Anyways, best of luck and be sure and post a few winners.

The Great One

Besides some of the obvious heavy favorites like Sharapova, Federer, and Nadal.

Today I like Ivan Lubicic at -400. Still a heavy favorite ,but not nearly as bad as the guys above.

But in more of a 50/50 call, I like Lleyton Hewitt over tomas Berdych right now. But in my opinion, Berdych will do this year what Rafeal Nadal did last year where he goes on a big winning streak and is considered in the top tier of players.

I'm going with Lleyton on this one today though.

The problem with betting tennis is there are such ridiculously heavy favorites. For instance, Federer is -2000 today. Thats a lot to put up for $100 although it is about as good as a sure thing is there is in sports. He hasn't lost before a quarterfinal match since 2004.

I prefer to bet some of the middle of the road players. Even they were once #1 in the world. i think Hewitt and Safin are good picks right now on an individual basis. Both have missed significant time in the recent past, but both are starting to get the feel back. Not to mention, i like watching both play,especially Lleyton even though every one in the tennis world seems to hate him.

I like him because he seems like he doesn't act like a puss y like most tennis players act. Mad, is he like a huge celebrity in the land of Oz? Of course, I don't think he is over there that much outside of January.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kinda' is, as you say he's not home much. He comes from here, Adelaide, so you often hear people saying they know him, went to school with him etc etc. Don't now how much of that is true though. I'll keep an eye out for your selections today to see how they go, gotta admit those prices are kinda scary. I suppose you get used to it, anyways best of luck.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I've been betting on the Pacific Life Open every day since Wednesday. I was up almost $1,600.00 but gave most of it back. I've been betting a lot of parlays.

The Great One

I did a 5 match parlay yesterday and won. I took heavy favories on all. The onlt one that wasn't a "huge" fav. was Ljubicic, but he was still -400.

I'm glad i didn't bet on the Hewitt match. Although, as I was watching it, I kept thinking I bet on it. Probably because we were talking about it on here.

I think in future tournaments next week in Miami and in the clay court season, I going to jump all over Berdych. Like I said, I expect him to make a Nadal like run this year.

I took such heavy favorites, I only got even money back on a 5 match parlay. Definately not odds you can consistantly cash-in on.

If anyone knows of tennis friendly books, post them please..

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I won $1,800.00 on Hingis to beat Davenport. I also had Hingis in a 5 match parlay with Groenefeld, Sharapova, Safina & JHH. I'm feeling very good this morning. I just hope I don't piss away all my winnings this weekend.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky
    I won $1,800.00 on Hingis to beat Davenport. I also had Hingis in a 5 match parlay with Groenefeld, Sharapova, Safina & JHH. I'm feeling very good this morning. I just hope I don't piss away all my winnings this weekend.

Good job. Did you play that at Pinnacle?

Who do you like for today? This is when it starts getting tough. I'm torn on a couple match-ups. What is the best site to look at head-to-head and cap the match?

What is the max. bet at Pinny for tennis match-ups?

Thanks for your response.