Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Saturday racing features

Two races on Saturday I'm looking at, trying to bounce back from last week's frustrating weekend.

In the feature at SA, a 7-furlong Grade II sprint, I'm staying on the Frankel horse Major Success, who I had last out at 3-1 when he won at 6 furlongs. Tougher spot here, but this horse looked real good last out, winning his 3rd straight. He looked beat in deep stretch, when sandwiched in between 2 horses in and falling back to 3rd. Came again between to win by a neck. I always give horses extra points for winning between horses, which is tough to do. He gets a nice outside post here. I like Surf Cat for the exacta.

Also on Saturday at Tampa Bay Downs, 3-year-old Derby prep race has huge field of 12. This track always seems to bring in longshots. I'm going to try and beat the Pletcher trainee nad favorite Bluegrass Cat, making his first start as a 3-year-old but a winner of 3 straight last fall.

I'm going with the Zito horse Hesanoldsalt. He beat allowance horses last time at Gulfstream coming from off the pace (never easy on that track) for his 2nd straight win and should get a fast pace to run at here. Might be the real deal.

PPs are free on the Daily Racing Form web site. Would appreicate any opinions here.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm probly gonna pass on these races myself bud, but i wish you luck

Seattle Slew

Now I'm worried. DRF handicapper Mike Watchmaker picks Major Success in the SA feature on Saturday. I never score when I'm on the same horse as this guy.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's hope that changes today SS.

Seattle Slew

My Tampa Bay pick shit the bed, and for the second straight week my top pick in the SA feature (Major Success) runs second behind my second pick (Surf Cat). Not much of an exacta at SA, so another small loss on the day. Stuck in run of seconds right now. 2nd place horse at Tampa behind 4-5 chalk was 63-1.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

63-1, that would have been a nice payday.