mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Liverpool v Arsenal

What's the go here fellas? Fixxer you got any good info here?
    My early lean would be a draw +225 although their are some nice odds available for Arsenal +260.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why not Liverpool +110?
    Arsenal miss 8 defenders, they have no full-backs available, playing midfielders instead...played horrible away from home so far...

mad

Thanks adriano, wasn't aware of the arsenal injury problems. Liverpool at home sounds just as good. Under those circumstances i'll plan my wagering around a Liverpool home win with a small saver on the draw just in case.

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took Liverpool.....+0/-.5....+120 for the firsthalf.

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Hello!

This game is a "no bet" for me.
    Every fact and news points on a Liverpool win.

First, the injuries. Liverpool will miss Peter Crouch and Reina, but IMHO the fact that Crouch won't play is an advantage for them, and Dudek will be the keeper instead of Reina, who is a very good goalie too, and he will be highly motivated.
    Arsenal will miss: Jose Antonio Reyes, Robin Van Persie, Dennis Bergkamp, Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole, Pascal Cygan, Lauren and Herrea Gilbert....nice list...as Toure and Eboue is back from Africa, I think the problem is with their offense, not the defense...They miss many forwards, and their best striker Henry is not in a great form...

Recent form: 1/1/3 - 2/1/2/
    Is with Liverpool too....
    Neither team is in good form in the last weeks, tho Pool won their last game against Wigan, and they played better than in the last few weeks. Arsenal can't find their play for weeks....they have a few good games (such as the 7-0 against Chelsea-killer Middlesborough), but they play like an unmotivated tired team. Their last game was Arsenal-Bolton 1-1....not a big result....with a "last minute" goal to save 1 point.

H/A form....

Liverpool is 9/2/1 at home, while Arsenal is 3/3/6 at away....big difference.
    Liverpool's two draws were agains MUTD and Birmingham, and the loss against Chelsea...Arsenal could only win at Birmingham, Charlton, Wigan....neither of them is in the top 6 team.

Recent h2h results:
    English Premier Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal 28-11-2004
    English Premier Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal 04-10-2003
    English Premier Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal 29-01-2003

Total h2h with Pool at home: 66/40/56

So all facts point on a Liverpool win....than why is it still a "no bet" for me?
    Because Arsenal simply can't allow to lose....If they want to go to Champions League, they must win, or at least not lose....Maybe I am backing only the name in this case, and this will be an easy Liverpool win - all facts point in this way - I still don't think that this will be an easy game for them, so "no bet".
    The Blackburn-Sunderland game on tomorrow looks more promising, I will write an analysis about that game soon....

Fixx

mad

Thanks for that Fixxer. I think i'll stay with the Liverpool home win. Can't get past the possibility of a draw, like you perhaps i'm backing the name as well.

fixxer

If you are afraid of the draw a little, why don't you play H (DNB) ?
    The odds is not that much lower for DNB, so....

GL!

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

----- found my answer
    Last edited by BigD; 02-14-06 at 11:44 AM.

fixxer

Grats to the 'pool backers, they had a great luck with the 87' Garcia goal.....
    FT 1-0

I had a good feeling that this game won't be an easy one for Liverpool...