hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

Australian Election

Apparently Paul likes the Coalitions chances, 3.90 at CentreBet.
    Attached Images  

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

LOL

hedgejob

It's dropping, now 3.50. It was 4.10 last week. I reckon it will keep dropping as we get closer to the election and people wake up and see how inept Labor are.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Abbott can't win the election. Simple as that.

alias69
    betting is a disease. who cares.
    alias69's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do u think liberals will do a betta job. Idt so. Costello yes Abbott no. Prepare to give labor 1 more term.

Dr.Gonzo

Costello?

What do Paul The Octopus and Peter Costello have in common? They're both spineless

I'm here all week folks. Tip the waitress, try the veal.

Dr.Gonzo

Keating putting Costello in his place

hedgejob

Quote Originally Posted by alias69 View Post
    Do u think liberals will do a betta job. Idt so. Costello yes Abbott no. Prepare to give labor 1 more term.
    3 more years and they will destroy the country. Costello left them billions in surplus, they blew all of it and then some. Do you trust Gillard and Swan? They were behind all the dud policies, 4 killed 200 houses burned by the pink batts scheme, $16 billion to build new school halls people didn't want/need - that was Gillards portfolio. Labor are trying to pull wool over the publics eyes, they ditch Rudd and call an election weeks later. I've always been Labor but no more after this. Vote wisely coz there's a lot at stake.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by hedgejob View Post
    3 more years and they will destroy the country. Costello left them billions in surplus, they blew all of it and then some. Do you trust Gillard and Swan? They were behind all the dud policies, 4 killed 200 houses burned by the pink batts scheme, $16 billion to build new school halls people didn't want/need - that was Gillards portfolio. Labor are trying to pull wool over the publics eyes, they ditch Rudd and call an election weeks later. I've always been Labor but no more after this. Vote wisely coz there's a lot at stake.

You have no idea what you are talking about. With the exception of the GST the Liberal party did nothing when last in power. Every piece of economic reform came from Keating. The Liberals actually reduced the compulsory superannuation platform that Keating had put it motion. This will place enormous pressure on the current retirement system in the future as we had towards an aging society.

I am concerned about the erosion of civil liberties and the increased totalitarian approach within the ALP is taking on social policy. Conroy should be put in a box, preferable a very small box.

The ALP had one serious test which they past with flying colors. Obviously handling the financial crisis. Keating can take a lot of credit here as well. The systems which he implemented worked efficiently.

If you are worried about the economy under the ALP you have been listening to too many uniformed right wing crackpots.

hedgejob

You must be so far up ALP's bum (and the avg Aussie's bum) that you can't even think before you type. FYI I am more qualified than you on this topic coz i didn't take a penny from the $900 handouts they gave out to you people like you to buy plasma TV's from China.

BTW 2598 people just on Christmas Island as of today... and counting. If you think that doesn't effect your standard of living you've got rocks in your head.

Dr.Gonzo

I did not get a penny from the $900 handouts either sir.

Did you not read my post? I criticized the ALP where it was warranted. For your information I am undecided as to whom I will be voting for in the upcoming election. Philosophically I am a libertarian but I am also a humanist.

I am not a cultural relativist. I support the Afghan and Iraq interventions. I support the Iraqi left and would like to see a liberal Afghanistan. I am an anti-theist. I recognize the threat of radical Islam. I don't belive in giving any credence to retarded and barbaric cultural practices. I believe in an Australian culture that migrants should choose to adhere to. However, If we as a nation are prepared to engage in moral wars then we must bare some responsibility for the people of war torn countries.

What do you suggest we do with the boats? It is a issue which I am torn over. If we were stronger culturally I guess we could deal with the social problems nationally instead of trying to prevent them.

Hardly up the ALP's bum in my opinion. Neither party is a fit for my ideology.

That being said, I still maintain that your perceived ALP threat to the Australian economy is delusional and you have not even attempted to justify it with anything of substance. You're talking economics and have yet to raise anything that is anymore than a small dent. Where is the threat?

And I don't have any serious issues with the pinkbats scheme. It was intended to stimulate the economy and that is what it did.

kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

Labor win, Abbott is UNELECTABLE its that simple! The general public don't care much for the party but more so the leader!

rav_himself
    rav_himself's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets just say if the ALP leader wasn't a woman, and the LIB leader wasn't a douche, you'd have a chance.

Dr.Gonzo

Here you go Hedgejob

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...ml?autostart=1

If the government can't explain their way out of this one I'm voting for Liberal Democrats

rav_himself
    rav_himself's Avatar Become A Pro!

Abbot is killing Gillard in the debate right now

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

When women aren't even supporting the first female PM (regardless of her tactics to obtain the position in the first place), then you know the party is going to be in trouble.

Women may not care for Abbott in general, but they sure as hell don't care for Gillard either. She's going to have a much tougher time than some of the pundits seem to think.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Voting for the Libs, dislike Abbott, and Labor wins unfortunately.

hedgejob

Things may be tightening up after all.

1. AUSTRALIAN LABOR PARTY 1.29 -7.5 : 1.85
    2. COALITION 3.48 +7.5 : 1.85

The line betting was out to 14.5 at one stage.That's a pretty significant swing.
    The only poll thats worth anything brought to you by centrebet.

hedgejob

Coalition now 2.40

Paul is NEVER wrong

Spartacuss
    Spartacuss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Australians dont vote for politicians to win elections. They merely vote to remove politicians if the media tells them so. As Australians dont really know Gillard her party will be elected again.

hidden
    hidden's Avatar Become A Pro!

hi there,well paul has a good vision but i dont think he was right on that time well he did good in fifa world cup.....

hedgejob

Australians won't elect an athiest in a defacto relationship as their leader.

Dr.Gonzo

Australians won't elect an athiest in a defacto relationship as their leader.
    So you're a christian zealot then?

GroundnPound
    Winning
    GroundnPound's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

I fvcking hate Abbot makes me vote for Labor. I mean every time I vote it comes down to who I hate less, even though Gillard shits me. Abbot is the dumbest man out and I sure as hell don't want a man that stupid making any decision that could affect my life.

Dr.Gonzo

Don't worry GNP. If the Liberals and Tony Abbott win the Greens will have the balance of power and Bob Brown will stick it too him (pun intend ).

rzr
    rzr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Labor 1.38 Coalition 3.00

And all this seems to be mostly due to Gillard's Q & A appearance.

hedgejob

Last chance to get Coalition at $3. News Ltd papers endorsed Abbott this morning.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225907514094

WillC
    WillC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

$2.70 now
    Sportingbet has odds on every seat for all of us degenerates

Gillard to win her seat $1.01

hedgejob

$2.56 now

+4.5 seats for Coalition is +1.70 at CB, that will hit even if ALP win.

Dr.Gonzo

I got 3.72 last night when I heard the polls.

Arb city

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Is there anyone in this thread who would be happy with either Abbott or Gillard as PM? I can't even vote so I'm not sure why this fascinates me but no one in my social circle, nor my extended one, like either person. Everyone is telling me who they'll vote for with a disclaimer attached.

It's actually starting to remind me quite a bit of an American election although I do think Abbott's no sleepathon is a quite funny and maybe brilliant idea.

hedgejob

I dont fancy Abbott's version of society at all, but the ALP dont deserve to be in power. They have had three years to wreck Australia. In ten or fifteen years people will forget how bad they are and give them another term.

I am going to miss Wayne Swan, he is so stupid its like watching Homer Simpson.

hedgejob

$2.38

by tomorrow morning it will be below 2

GroundnPound
    Winning
    GroundnPound's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

I want to put money on Labor

Dr.Gonzo

I dont fancy Abbott's version of society at all, but the ALP dont deserve to be in power. They have had three years to wreck Australia. In ten or fifteen years people will forget how bad they are and give them another term.

I am going to miss Wayne Swan, he is so stupid its like watching Homer Simpson.
    By wreck Australia you mean successfully guide them through a global financial crisis?

For a lawyer you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

12 Last