pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

geelong cats -24.5

game start in less than an hour, get your bet in.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm was actually liking the Kangaroos in this AFL game myself Pico.

pico
    USC ml

kangroo can win outright. but if they don't win, the cats will cover. 24.5 is not alot in aussie football.

bigboydan

+24.5 of course. No way I'd play them straight up on the ML Pico.

pico
    USC ml

back and forth right now. two goal for cats, one for kangaroos

12-6. i wish there is over under on this game. i'll bet the over

pico
    USC ml

oh, kangaroos is bring on some defense. cats got 3 behinds in a row. leading 21-18 now.

pico
    USC ml

5 straigt behinds.

pico
    USC ml

30-18 now in the q2. looking great for the cats. 24.5 is going to be a easy cover

pico
    USC ml

43-19 still in q2...this is going to be like the lsu blow out.

pico
    USC ml

70-25 at half time. told you guys to take the cats.

pico
    USC ml

Geelong v Kangaroos: as it happens
    2:45 PM Sun 9 September, 2007 | Back

By Matthew Price

Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

News
    All times are Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)

3.52pm
    HALF TIME
    Geelong 10.10 (70) Kangaroos 4.1 (25)
    Gary Ablett has it and that’s where will stop for the long break. A big quarter for Geelong: 7.5 to 1.1 in that term. Bartel and Ablett are carving them up: 19 and 16 touches apiece. Ottens has been magnificent in the ruck, and after looking competitive in the first term, the Roos will need miracles from here. See you again around 20 minutes.

3.49pm
    GOAL: Nathan Ablett
    Geelong 10.10 (70) Kangaroos 4.1 (25)
    Selwood takes on the lot of them in the forward pocket, wheels around and lets everyone down with a behind. Like breaking the cork in your champagne bottle, that.

But it won’t matter. Nathan Ablett marks on the boundary line and thread the needle. Geelong 45 points up.

3.47pm
    GOAL: Cameron Mooney
    Geelong 9.9 (63) Kangaroos 4.1 (25)
    Mooney kicks his third and comes straight off to put his feet up.

3.43pm
    GOAL: Shannon Grant
    Geelong 8.8 (56) Kangaroos 4.1 (25)
    Brady Rawlings gets the ball in the middle, belts it forward and finally the Roos get one; Grant snapping truly. It’s their first score except for a rushed behind in well over a quarter. You’d think they need at least one more before half time to really keep in touch here.

3.42pm
    GOAL: Jimmy Bartel
    Geelong 8.8 (56) Kangaroos 3.1 (19)
    Geelong really slipping into top gear now and Bartel kicks their fifth of the term. The gap’s out to 37 points.

3.41pm
    Geelong 7.8 (50) Kangaroos 3.1 (19)
    Selwood is having a fair old quarter. He’s involved again and the Cats have another one

3.38pm
    GOAL: Mathew Stokes
    Geelong 6.7 (43) Kangaroos 3.1 (19)
    Archer slips over on the wing and the Cats win the turnover. Selwood breaks to 50 and does brilliantly to find Stokes in the goal square rather than blast away himself. It’s a clear four-goal lead now and you’d be grinding your worry balls if you were a Roos fan (and a hippy) right now.

3.36pm
    The Kangaroos need a spark – can Eddie Sansbury provide it? Not this time. It’s a horrible slew, out of bounds on the full.

3.29pm
    Geelong 5.6 (36) Kangaroos 3.0 (18)
    Big goal from Mooney, and he lets the Roos fans behind the Punt Road goals know about it. Geelong have kicked 2.6 since the Roos last scored.

3.26pm
    Daniel Harris might have dislocated a finger. He’s off on the boundary line with the Kangaroos’ medicos.

Archer takes a rest.

3.24pm
    Archer having an ordinary time of it here. He moves onto Mathew Stokes, then gives away a free kick almost immediately, 45m out. Stokes misses and lets him off the hook.

3.22pm
    GOAL: Paul Chapman
    Geelong 4.5 (29) Kangaroos 3.0 (18)
    Chapman has two already, and he marks uncontested again in the right forward pocket, his shiny pate glinting in the afternoon sun. He’s Glenn Archer’s man

QUARTER TIME
    Geelong 3.5 (23) Kangaroos 3.0 (18)
    Five behinds to the Cats after their three opening goals. They lead by those five points at the first change.

3.13pm
    Are Geelong feeling the pressure here? They’re winning enough of the ball, but making more errors than a kid in a spelling competition who’s just been given ‘ophthalmologist’. Nathan Ablett marks on the pocket but plays on into trouble and has to settle with a forced behind.

3.10pm
    Harvey streaks forward and finds Shannon Grant inside the arc. He’s 50m out on a slight angle, and the kick fades across the face of goal. No score. Geelong three points ahead with a minute or two left in the quarter.

3.06pm
    Steve Johnson hasn’t had much of it yet. David Hale outpoints him with a classy defensive grab.

3.04pm
    Max Rooke kicks a behind. He looks like he’s just spent six months as a hermit on some rich Victorian’s estate. He’s grown a beard you could hide a Sherrin in. Magnificent stuff, if you like that kind of thing. Ling back on and seems okay.

3.01pm
    Geelong 3.0 (18) Kangaroos 3.0 (18)
    This is shaping up to be another ripper. Chapman counter-punches just as the Roos were looking dangerous. Bartel’s already had seven touches – think they’re happy to have him back? Harris busy for the Roos.

2.59pm
    GOAL: Hamish McIntosh
    Geelong 2.0 (12) Kangaroos 3.0 (18)
    The Kangaroos unleash a series of crunching tackles and Ling is floored in one of them. He hobbles off the ground, but not before ruckman McIntosh puts the Roos in front.

2.58pm
    GOAL: Michael Firrito
    Geelong 2.0 (12) Kangaroos 2.0 (12)
    Firrito beats two tackles, and sets sail from 55m on the run . Wonderful goal.

2.56pm
    Bright start, this. Geelong look threatening already but the Roos have won a few good tussles. Tom Harley’s gone to dangerous Kangas forward Corey Jones. Master tagger Cameron Ling is on Brent ‘Boomer’ Harvey

2.50pm
    GOAL: Gary Ablett
    Geelong 2.0 (12) Kangaroos 1.0 (6)
    Ablett wins a free kick in the right forward pocket and pops it through from 40m.

2.48pm
    GOAL: Aaron Edwards
    Geelong 1.0 (6) Kangaroos 1.0 (6)
    Edwards ties things up for the Roos.

2.46pm
    Geelong 1.0 (6) Kangaroos 0.0 (0)
    Ottens takes a robust grab on half-back, the Cats take it straight up the other end and there’s the opening goal

2.45pm
    Adam Simpson wins the toss and the Kangaroos will kick to the Punt Road end. We’re off.

2.39pm
    It’s a lovely, cool spring day in Melbourne. The MCG’s already half full and there are plenty of people still streaming in.

We’ve already seen a bit of push and shove, with both sides veering a little close to each other 10 minutes ago during the warm-up.

Both sides are back out on the ground and sensibly keeping well away from each other. We’re six minutes out from a start.

The umpires for this game are Dean Margetts, Scott McLaren and Scott Jeffery.

2.32pm
    No late changes to the team lists, and the Cats will start without bulky defender Matthew Egan, who has a broken foot, and they’ve dropped Travis Varcoe. Brownlow chance Jimmy Bartel returns for his first game since round 20, and Max Rooke is set to start for the first time in three months.

GEELONG
    B: Josh Hunt, Matthew Scarlett, Tom Harley
    HB: Andrew Mackie, Darren Milburn, David Wojcinski
    C: Corey Enright, Jimmy Bartel, Joel Corey
    HF: Steve Johnson, Cameron Mooney, Joel Selwood
    F: Paul Chapman, Nathan Ablett, Mathew Stokes
    FOLL: Brad Ottens, Cameron Ling, Gary Ablett
    I/C: Mark Blake, Shannon Byrnes, James Kelly, Max Rooke

The Kangaroos are without Kasey Green, who accepted a two-match penalty during the week for striking Western Bulldog Tom Williams. They bring in fan favourite Michael Firrito, who has shaken off a heel injury.

Daniel Wells will run out for his 100th game.

KANGAROOS
    B: Daniel Pratt, Leigh Brown, Glenn Archer
    HB: Jess Sinclair, Shannon Watt, Jesse Smith
    C: Daniel Wells, Adam Simpson, Brent Harvey
    HF: Aaron Edwards, David Hale, Eddie Sansbury
    F: Corey Jones, Drew Petrie, Shannon Grant
    R: Hamish McIntosh, Brady Rawlings, Daniel Harris
    I/C: Andrew Swallow, Michael Firrito, Josh Gibson, Scott McMahon

2.24pm
    Dean Laidley thinks the sides start equal and he might be right, although the bookies will tell you minor premiers Geelong are much more equal than Laidley’s Roos.

The Roos won when these sides met at Skilled Stadium in round five and gave the Cats a shake at times in their round 20 match at Telstra Dome.

They’ll start this match with very little to lose, whereas the Cats have been living with flag favouritism for some time now.

2.20pm
    Afternoon, all, and welcome to the MCG. We’re 25 minutes away from the start of the first or last qualifying final, depending on whether you’re a by-the-fixture type or a devil-may-care, take ‘em as they happen renegade.

Either way it’s Geelong against the Kangaroos, with a week’s rest and a preliminary final for the winner and the loser looking down the barrel of a home semi-final against Hawthorn.

In addition to our gameday live coverage and streaming of ABC radio’s commentary, we’ll be providing quarter-by-quarter reports this afternoon, and this goal-by-goal coverage.

pico
    USC ml

winner 154-50 big blow out

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone know where to get action for rugby in usa

bigboydan

5Dimes and Bookmaker both offer those lines. The problem is the vig is sometimes either a 15 or 20 cent line.

pico
    USC ml

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    5Dimes and Bookmaker both offer those lines. The problem is the vig is sometimes either a 15 or 20 cent line.
    30 cents for 5dimes.

aussie football is not really rugby, btw. hard to describe it.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by picoman View Post
    30 cents for 5dimes.
    I thats even worse than I thought it was.

pico
    USC ml

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I thats even worse than I thought it was.
    now you know why i hate 5dimes now. 30 cents on non-us events. and they just told me i need to keep my money in the account for 30 days before i can take it out. plus i need to use up all my pending bonus. pending bonus on 5dimes is 9x roller btw...don't you think that is bit high 9x!!!

that is why i am only going to bet on reduced juice lines from now on and i am just going to let my money sit there for a month.

good thing my pinnacle wire cleared. no need to use 5dimes anymore. they can take their 30 cents lines and shove it up their dego ass.