Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Jagr Now Second On NHL Points List

SUNRISE, Fla. — Florida Panthers forward Jaromir Jagr has moved into outright No. 2 spot on the NHL career scoring list.
    Jagr got career point No. 1,888 on Thursday night, breaking a tie with Mark Messier. The historic point was an assist with 6:40 left in the third period of Florida’s 3-1 loss to the Boston Bruins on Thursday night.
    “I appreciate everything … over my hockey career, and I thank the fans,” Jagr said in a brief ceremony during which he was given a golden stick.
    Only Wayne Gretzky, with 2,857 points, has more than Jagr. Aleksander Barkov was credited with the goal that deflected off the 44-year-old Czech star.
    In a video, Gretzky offered congratulations. “You play the game the right way,” he told Jagr

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...l-points-list/

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Jaromír Jágr keeps making history.
    With an assist Thursday he passes Mark Messier for 2nd on the NHL's all-time points list (1,888).

Great guy.

Too bad he left the NHL for 3 years to play in Bumfukkistan somehwere.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

"It's unbelievable," said Steve Ott, who is one of the Red Wings' elder statesmen at age 34. "I mean, I don't know how I'm going to feel after 35 or 36, but to do what he's doing at his age is absolutely phenomenal. It's unbelievable to see him at this day and age to produce like he has.

"In a younger guy's game, you see a lot of older veteran players go out the window here in the last five or 10 years, but to see him to continue to play at a higher level is pretty impressive."

How does he do it?

"It's his work ethic," Ott said. "He's married to hockey and there's no knock on that. When you have a guy who wakes up in the middle of the night and goes to the rink and continues to put this crazy amount of work in at his age, I've noticed as I get older the harder I have to work to continue to stay in this league.

"Add another 10 years to that and that's extremely impressive the amount of work he puts in. I don't know there if there's a guy that's matched it in this league."

Red Wings coach Jeff Blashill, who at 43 is one year younger than Jagr, agrees that hard work has played a big role in helping the Czech Republic native maintain his durability.

"I think it's probably a good lesson for players, how hard you got to work," Blashill said. "From what I understand, he's got a great work ethic. He spends extra time doing stuff on the ice. If you want to be great over a long period of time, there's no substitute for hard work."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....r_jagr_un.html

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

He's called The Great One for a reason. #SCFacts