jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Does Tiger Win Today?

Of course, no one will take his pressure

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, at least I hope not. I played Baddeley +320 and Furyk +1566.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

tiger is #2 with +4. only 2 strokes from tie with 1st.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I'm still holding fast to my Stephen Ames future. If he shoots even today I like my chances...

jjgold

Its over

Cabera has it

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Cabrera played great...Woods could have won but he didn't have his putter the last two rounds. Made +11 units on this tournament, so I am pretty happy. All my big bets cashed and many of my smaller ones did as well. Bubba Watson made me a small fortune. I like this kid!
    Last edited by crackerjack; 06-18-07 at 02:04 PM.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Tiger played very good. He was #1 on the green in regulation. You just can't win them all.

The 17th was his chance to win it or at least force a playoff. He's a great bunker player and that was a simple bunker shot for him. You just can't roll that shot off the green.

jjgold

Caberra made all the shots so he deserved it, ZTiger did not play bad but did not have his A game either. The guy though is always there.

crackerjack

I watched all four days of the event. After Saturday, I figured Cabrera had a chance and actually picked up a few shares of him for cheap at WSEX. He shot a +6 Sat, but yipped at least three very short par putts. Overall, he played well and didn't get many breaks. That said, Tiger played amazingly on Saturday, but couldn't get his putts to fall. I don't think he made a single putt longer than 15 feet. Even his shorter birdie putts weren't falling. I thought his putting might come around on Sunday but it didn't. The easiest line of the day (at WSEX) was Tiger -2.5 strokes -116 over Baddeley. It really doesn't get much easier than that. I bet four units on it and was kicking myself for not betting more when Baddeley notched a triple bogey on the first hole. A kid like that can't stand the pressure of playing in the final pairing with Tiger...

My one complaint with WSEX is they wait until the tournament is over to grade all tournament matchup bets. I had a huge bet on VJ Singh over Goosen. Goosen missed the cut and VJ made the cut, so it was already a winner after Friday. But I had to wait until the tournament ended to cash, so that money was tied up all weekend, even two days after it should have been graded a winner.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    My one complaint with WSEX is they wait until the tournament is over to grade all tournament matchup bets. I had a huge bet on VJ Singh over Goosen. Goosen missed the cut and VJ made the cut, so it was already a winner after Friday. But I had to wait until the tournament ended to cash, so that money was tied up all weekend, even two days after it should have been graded a winner.
    Thats an excellent point. There is no scenario I can imagine that would make that a push once VJ tees off on Saturday. I mean thinking crazy one could say if VJ dropped dead Friday night it could be considered a push. But once he hits his tee shot on Saturday he has defeated all that didnt make the cut.

It would be smart biz for WSEX to reconsider this rule. Quicker grades would increase their handle and be good for both the player and the book.

crackerjack

Even if Singh didn't tee off Saturday, the bet would still be a winner because he completed round 2. It would be the same as if he missed the cut. When two players in a matchup bet both miss a cut, the player with the better two-round score wins the matchup. I agree though, WSEX should reconsider this rule...

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think most books only settle at the end of tournament.