dRavidC
    dRavidC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6849

dRavidC's AFL 2013

Hey everyone!

Just letting you all that I'll be back for this year's AFL season.

Had a very successful season in the AFL and looking to continue that onto this year.

Just a reminder of my record from last year:

AFL 2012 Record: 32 - 28

+ 42.4 units

Link to last year's AFL thread

dRavidC

Same drill as the NRL, gonna wait it out. Probably not 3 weeks, but at least for the 1st week.

dRavidC

Okay, was going to wait it out but really feeling good about this one.

AFL Round 1

1* Adelaide 1-39 vs Essendon

Essendon's had the better pre season, they've also won 2 of the past 3 at AAMI. Adelaide have lost Tippett, Essendon have gained St Kilda midfielder Goddard. Lets not forget that AFL games are won through the midfield and Adelaide still possess the same lineup that caused so much harvoc last year. Pre season doesn't really mean much. I think Adelaide starts the season off with a bang and wins by 10-20 in what could shape up to be one of the more exciting clashes this round.

dRavidC

Quote Originally Posted by dRavidC View Post
    Okay, was going to wait it out but really feeling good about this one.

AFL Round 1

1* Adelaide 1-39 vs Essendon LOSS

Essendon's had the better pre season, they've also won 2 of the past 3 at AAMI. Adelaide have lost Tippett, Essendon have gained St Kilda midfielder Goddard. Lets not forget that AFL games are won through the midfield and Adelaide still possess the same lineup that caused so much harvoc last year. Pre season doesn't really mean much. I think Adelaide starts the season off with a bang and wins by 10-20 in what could shape up to be one of the more exciting clashes this round.
    AFL 2013 Record: 0 - 1

- 1.00 units

dRavidC

AFL Round 2

1* Carlton vs Richmond 1-39

dRavidC

AFL Round 2

1* Carlton vs Richmond 1-39 WON
    looked like richmond were gonna win by 40+ at one stage, then looked like carlton were going to win, then we end up with richmond winning by 5. gotta love it.

AFL 2013 Record: 1 - 1

+ 0.50 units

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

top pick..it's always hard to put money on richmond. well done

Wildturkey
    Wildturkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

Good pick!

dRavidC

AFL Round 2

2* Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane UNDER 185.5

apologies for the late post

basically i don't see the dogs putting up a lot of points in this one for this total to go over.

Adding:
    2* gws + 54.5 vs swans
    Last edited by dRavidC; 03-30-13 at 12:40 AM.

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

where can i watch this game online?
    it's not on atdhe and vipsports

dRavidC

AFL Round 2

2* Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane UNDER 185.5 LOSS

apologies for the late post

basically i don't see the dogs putting up a lot of points in this one for this total to go over.

Adding:
    2* gws + 54.5 vs swans WON
    the western bulldogs brisbane finishes on 186 points... it was 185 until the last minute of the game. cruel...

AFL 2013 Record: 2 - 2

+ 0.32 units

dRavidC

AFL Round 2

2* Melbourne vs Port Adelaide M/L

2* North Melbourne vs Collingwood UNDER 195.5

dRavidC

AFL Round 2

2* Melbourne vs Port Adelaide M/L WON

2* North Melbourne vs Collingwood UNDER 195.5 WON
    2-0 BOOM BOOM SWEEP!

massive sweat on that north melbourne collingwood game but win's a win i guess.

AFL 2013 Record: 4 - 2

+ 4.14 units

dRavidC

AFL Round 2

1.5* Hawthorn vs Geelong 1-39

Geelong have won the past 9 h2h encounters between these two, they just have the wood over this hawks side. Also what works in our favour is that their star midfielder hodge is out. All these past h2h games have also been really close which is why I am going 1-39. Geelong are the underdogs at +7.5 but I don't think we'll need the handicap so going to go right ahead and play geelong at the margins with incredible value. Geelong takes this in what could potentially be one of the matches of the round.

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the play, some good value in it, gl!

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Hey David!!! Miss ya in the tennis this year! I hope you have been doing excellent my friend I have been doing well in the tennis and this is the first time I have gone over to this side. I see you have this thread going and a rugby thread as well. Best of luck on both of those!! As I am sure you will do well, because you are very knowledgeable in BOTH of those sports! I will start to come over to see ya now and to look at some plays. I love betting AFL and living down here in Texas, no one even knows what it is. I usually can't find live feeds to watch the games, when I do they are awesome, but rarely. Usually watch the ticker and enjoy

I looked at the play for tonight because there was a game late, no other sports going on! But I do like doing the AFL bec it's late night and I like that. I also did some looking at the game and agree with everything you said. Hodge being out will hurt them quite a bit I think and this game could be really really close. If Hawthorne goes crazy, oh well, but if Geelong fights tough and starts this season strong or even with a strong showing, they can hang all the way in there or maybe even take it. My book only offers the spread, so I rolled on Geelong +8.5. Parlayed a few tennis that should be good plays & they payout is almost +200. If tonight hits, could be a great start to the day sir. Wishing you the Best of Luck tonight, hope we get em!!! VAMOS!!!

dRavidC

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    Hey David!!! Miss ya in the tennis this year! I hope you have been doing excellent my friend I have been doing well in the tennis and this is the first time I have gone over to this side. I see you have this thread going and a rugby thread as well. Best of luck on both of those!! As I am sure you will do well, because you are very knowledgeable in BOTH of those sports! I will start to come over to see ya now and to look at some plays. I love betting AFL and living down here in Texas, no one even knows what it is. I usually can't find live feeds to watch the games, when I do they are awesome, but rarely. Usually watch the ticker and enjoy

I looked at the play for tonight because there was a game late, no other sports going on! But I do like doing the AFL bec it's late night and I like that. I also did some looking at the game and agree with everything you said. Hodge being out will hurt them quite a bit I think and this game could be really really close. If Hawthorne goes crazy, oh well, but if Geelong fights tough and starts this season strong or even with a strong showing, they can hang all the way in there or maybe even take it. My book only offers the spread, so I rolled on Geelong +8.5. Parlayed a few tennis that should be good plays & they payout is almost +200. If tonight hits, could be a great start to the day sir. Wishing you the Best of Luck tonight, hope we get em!!! VAMOS!!!
    hey dmoney how have you been? I haven't been doing too well in the tennis this year which is why i'm not making as many plays as i normally do. I seem to be doing a lot better in the NRL, AFL and NBA so gonna focus on those sports first. May consider tennis at a later date. Hope your multi cashes

dRavidC

AFL Round 2

1.5* Hawthorn vs Geelong 1-39 WON

Geelong have won the past 9 h2h encounters between these two, they just have the wood over this hawks side. Also what works in our favour is that their star midfielder hodge is out. All these past h2h games have also been really close which is why I am going 1-39. Geelong are the underdogs at +7.5 but I don't think we'll need the handicap so going to go right ahead and play geelong at the margins with incredible value. Geelong takes this in what could potentially be one of the matches of the round.
    BOOM BOOM another winner. turns out hoodoos do mean something. hawthorn were dominant early on in the game but failed to capitalise on the opportunity and scoring too many behinds. And those two goals at the end by Geelong certainly changed the complex of the game. From then on, it was Geelong all the way, game went just as scripted. CASH IT!

AFL 2013 Record: 5 - 2

+ 6.78 units

Dmoneytx

Thanks David! And THANK YOU for the play last night sir!!! I use Book maker, so I don't get anything except the spreads on the AFL. I wonder what the 1-39 paid out that you took for last night??? I am assuming pretty good bec the line I had was +8.5! Congrats!!!

I was a little worried when Gee had those 5 behinds and Hawth was scoring 6's. Even when Hawth was up 30 close to halftime, I was sweating it, but then hold crap! Those scores right before half to get to 20 was huge! And the start to the third quarter where Gee scored like 27 unanswered points, I knew you had a great shot at cashing and I was probably already winning this play in my combo I WAS watching towards the end and actually pulling for Gee bec I wanted you to cash that really good payout I think! Congrats David and thank again!!

I will be checking in quite often, I tend to stay away from the Rugby bec I always lost in the past with it years ago, bec I really do respect your knowledge and input and plays in AFL. I hope you have a great year! VAMOS!!!

dRavidC

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    Thanks David! And THANK YOU for the play last night sir!!! I use Book maker, so I don't get anything except the spreads on the AFL. I wonder what the 1-39 paid out that you took for last night??? I am assuming pretty good bec the line I had was +8.5! Congrats!!!

I was a little worried when Gee had those 5 behinds and Hawth was scoring 6's. Even when Hawth was up 30 close to halftime, I was sweating it, but then hold crap! Those scores right before half to get to 20 was huge! And the start to the third quarter where Gee scored like 27 unanswered points, I knew you had a great shot at cashing and I was probably already winning this play in my combo I WAS watching towards the end and actually pulling for Gee bec I wanted you to cash that really good payout I think! Congrats David and thank again!!

I will be checking in quite often, I tend to stay away from the Rugby bec I always lost in the past with it years ago, bec I really do respect your knowledge and input and plays in AFL. I hope you have a great year! VAMOS!!!
    it paid 2.75x

dRavidC

just noticed the mistakes with round 2 typos. It is round 2 this week.

AFL Round 2

2* St Kilda vs Richmond 1-39

St Kilda will be fired up after losing to the suns, in game that they were simply outplayed. Richmond on the other let the game slip badly against Carlton to the point where Carlton had so many chances to get away with the W. I think both coaches will be focussing on their flaws from last week, but I just think the younger, more athletic and more talented richmond side will come away with yet another close win.
    Last edited by dRavidC; 04-05-13 at 01:12 AM.

dRavidC

just noticed the mistakes with round 2 typos. It is round 2 this week.

AFL Round 2

2* St Kilda vs Richmond 1-39 WON

St Kilda will be fired up after losing to the suns, in game that they were simply outplayed. Richmond on the other let the game slip badly against Carlton to the point where Carlton had so many chances to get away with the W. I think both coaches will be focussing on their flaws from last week, but I just think the younger, more athletic and more talented richmond side will come away with yet another close win.
    BOOM we hot!

AFL 2013 Record: 6 - 2

+ 9.18 units

dRavidC

AFL Round 2

1.5* Western Bulldogs +12.5 2nd half vs Fremantle

Essentially means i'm taking the bulldogs +37.5. No time for write up unfortunately but I just think the bulldogs can hang in here and keep in within the number.

dRavidC

AFL Round 2

1.5* Western Bulldogs +12.5 2nd half vs Fremantle WON

Essentially means i'm taking the bulldogs +37.5. No time for write up unfortunately but I just think the bulldogs can hang in here and keep in within the number.
    we hit again! past the 10 unit mark midway through round 2!

AFL 2013 Record: 7 - 2

+ 10.55 units

dRavidC

let's keep this hot run going!!

AFL Round 2

2* Geelong 1-39 vs North Melbourne

2* Collingwood 1-39 vs Carlton

dRavidC

let's keep this hot run going!!

AFL Round 2

2* Geelong 1-39 vs North Melbourne WON

2* Collingwood 1-39 vs Carlton WON
    the HOT STREAK continues

AFL 2013 Record: 9 - 2

+ 15.15 units

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

Killing it mate well done

dRavidC

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealau View Post
    Killing it mate well done
    thanks mate!

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow, great run! Some big starts to the year on here!

Dmoneytx

Hey David, great work man!!! I flip between you and Bic for some AFL picks and I am hot as hell, thanks to you bigtime sir! I wasn't really feeling the Carlton play last night Bic took, but when I saw you really liked Collingwood, I jumped on that money line at ONLY -200! I was really surprised to see it so low, but WOW, what a game for them to come back in the fourth quarter huh???!! Looked like they were going to pull ahead after the half time, but Carlton jumped back out. That fourth was awesome though, Collingwood played great and took it too them!!! Just wanted to post my play for ya, so you know you are making some people some coin. Thanks again & BOL on future selections!!! VAMOS!!!

MOBILE
    04/06/2013
    10:10 PM
    [ # 139299432 ] STRAIGHT BET( Risking: 218.00 - To Win: 109.00 )
    WIN
    04/06/2013
    10:15 PM
    MU [32616] COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES -200 (CARLTON BLUES vrs COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES)Score: CARLTON BLUES(100) - COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES(117) WIN

dRavidC

AFL Round 3

2* Fremantle vs Essendon 1-39

Essendon the underdog, yet I'm picking the margin over the handicap. You mad, you might ask? Not at all, this may be at Fremantle's home turf but to Essendon that won't bother them. It didn't bother them when they travelled all the way to Adelaide. It won't bother them here. Plus the controversy with James Hird the coach and you have a fired up Essendon team. Let's not forget this Fremantle team has been hot, but I think Essendon comes away with the "W" in what should be a really close game.

dRavidC

AFL Round 3

2* Fremantle vs Essendon 1-39 WON

Essendon the underdog, yet I'm picking the margin over the handicap. You mad, you might ask? Not at all, this may be at Fremantle's home turf but to Essendon that won't bother them. It didn't bother them when they travelled all the way to Adelaide. It won't bother them here. Plus the controversy with James Hird the coach and you have a fired up Essendon team. Let's not forget this Fremantle team has been hot, but I think Essendon comes away with the "W" in what should be a really close game.
    wow what a win by essendon!

AFL 2013 Record: 10 - 2

+ 19.55
    units

casola
    casola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Awesome call mate, well done ;-)

GroundnPound
    Winning
    GroundnPound's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

I think me and you were only guys on forum on Essendon but you were balliest and took them to win. You must of thought you were done at half time :P

dRavidC

AFL Round 3

2* North Melbourne 1-39 vs Sydney

North Melbourne have played the toughest schedule. Sydney have had the easiest. North Melbourne led in both their games and lost at the death essentially. Had they beaten Geelong last week I would of been leaning Sydney but I think they're be even more pumped up to put up a good performance today. Sydney have hardly broken a sweat in their first two games beaten bottom ladder dwellers in GWS and the gold coast suns. Now they come up against a finals contender in North Melbourne and the intensity that they've faced is completely different to the ones they faced in the first two weeks. Sydney are absolutely ripe for the picking and I think North Melbourne puts their past 2 games behind them and come up with a much needed win. A win is just so crucial for the North Melbourne team and I like them straight out, not gonna even bother with the handicap.
    Last edited by dRavidC; 04-12-13 at 10:21 PM.

1234 ... Last