Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

AFL/NRL drug rumours - Crime Commission press conference in 30 minutes

Some strong rumours that a few AFL clubs could be linked to underworld drug activity, and that the NRL will be also linked, and more heavily. The biggest rumour is that a massive NRL name is going to be revealed as being caught up in the underworld scene.

Press Conference in Canberra in 30 minutes, will be very interesting to see what comes out.

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

Drugs + betting too IMO.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Its probably very dramatized for what it really is.

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like they aren't ridiculously large breaches, but it sounds like there is a few of them. The announcement today didn't say much, they didn't name names and said the investigation would be passed on, so you would think that will take a fair while to progress along.

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

I think this will be big, as the AFL can't sweep things under the rug this time (don't know about the NRL). There are too many sports stars on the juice, peptides or other. This is happening globally though, drugs, fixed matches, etc. I hope they are all found out and as many sporting icons fall as possible, don't care if they're from the teams I barrack for.

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

If indeed doping is rife it would explain why so many NRL and AFL games went "over" last season. I'm curious to see how the trend goes this year.