Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

AFL 2013 Futures

Provided we don't ascend as mentioned in the Mayan calendar prophecies, how is 2013 shaping up for AFL, what are your thoughts on 2013 futures?

I really like Freemantle to make top 4 at $3.50.

I want to put money on Mckenna to be first coach sacked, but none of my books have that option yet. I think that would be the best futures bet by far, if it were available.

thecattery12
    thecattery12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2834

I like Will the world end on December 21 Yes at $501 and also Eaten alive by Zombies at $1001.

And I expect one of Mckenna, Brad Scott or Hird to be first sacked. Hird could be the value pick, I see the Bombers having another so-so year.
    Last edited by thecattery12; 12-15-12 at 10:42 PM.

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Victorian TAB had Collingwood at $11 a week ago, now into $10. Very good odds, given everywhere else I saw was around $8.50, which is about the price I'd be putting up.

Lookingtostart

Pies do seem like a good value, they are also $10 on centrebet. If they do make the GF, though there's a good chance they'll be playing a non-vic team, something to think about.

I don't see Brad Scott getting sacked, Hird might but he seems too popular still.

Sportsbet has a license to print money, very dodgy.

thecattery12
    thecattery12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2834

You're probably right about Hird, he does seem very popular. I really think Scott is a good thing to leave seeing as many rate the Roo's draw as one of the toughest along with the Hawks draw. They'd have to really step up to make the 8 and I just can't see that happening with so much competition next year.

Also I don't mind David Mundy for the Brownlow at $101. He's starting to get back to his best and he polled 10+ this year and also another 9 in 2010. He could potentially poll 20 next season if the Dockers finish in the Top 4. Barlow could be worth a look as well at $251, Fyfe is laughably short though at $14.

Lookingtostart

Love the Barlow at $251, that is insane!

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Collingwood to make top 8 in the 1.4's is probably the most decent for top8 odds. Lynch replacing Dawes makes there forward line so much better.

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

odds are shit this year for futures. this time last year there was decent value

Coopertrooper

To be honest I haven't seen much value in the pre-season betting for a couple of years. A lot of the markets are not worth touching, unless you don't mind a rougher option at reasonable odds, but the main players are usually too short.

brettels

There was no value last year! None this year either, but what we have to work with I'd say pies top 8 is value at there low set odds.

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

no value...west coast and adelaide were great value to make 8..collingwood were great to make top 4

well anyway it was a lot better than this year.. i cleaned up last year. this year nothing there is nothing worth touching at all

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

there was plenty value last year

Freo/Crows were both almost even odds to make the 8

Pies top 4 decent value

brettels

Right now

to win the flag
    Essendon 16.00
    Richmond 26.00

To make top 8
    Essendon 2.00
    Richmond 1.90

WTF?

brettels

Does anyone know or remember what date the top 8 odds were released?

Coopertrooper

Would have been not long after the Grand Final I think, not sure about any exact date though.

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by Coopertrooper View Post
    Would have been not long after the Grand Final I think, not sure about any exact date though.
    Premiership odds did but it took some time for the top 8 odds and other futures to come out. A lot longer

Coopertrooper

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    Premiership odds did but it took some time for the top 8 odds and other futures to come out. A lot longer
    Did it? I swear I looked over quite a few of those markets in early October (probably on sportsbet), for things like premiers, top 4, top 8, wooden spoon, etc.

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by Coopertrooper View Post
    Did it? I swear I looked over quite a few of those markets in early October (probably on sportsbet), for things like premiers, top 4, top 8, wooden spoon, etc.
    I'm with sportsbet too, i'm going to ask them tomorrow as they'll be busy taking bets on tonights fight lol and i just can't be bothered just yet. top 8 is good investing