kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

State of origin - nsw vs qld

Thought I'd start a new thread for Origin.

Must say I'm am quite dissapointed with the side Ricky Fraud has chosen. I was really looking forward to this series because I thought we have our best chance this year but....here is the team selected...

1. B. Stewart
    2. A. Uate
    3. M. Jennings
    4. J. Morris
    5. J. Hayne
    6. T. Carney
    7. M. Pearce
    8. J. Tamou
    9. R. Farah
    10. P. Gallen
    11. L. Lewis
    12. G. Stewart
    13. G. Bird

Bench: B. Creagh, J. Buherer, T. Merrin, T. Williams.

Here is my problem with this team:

Hayne - Shit human. The bloke has done nothing for his team and doesn't even try on the field. Completely disinterested yet he still gets picked. Would have gone with B Morris or Wolfman here.

Jennings - How can you be selected and you cant even make 1st grade for club footy? Bad attitude player and shouldn't be rewarded for his poor behaviour and disgresard for his club. Jamie Lyon or Lawerence are better options.

Farah - We really dont have much of a choice for hooker but seriously this for me is where NSW LOSE!

Now the bench, where I belive we are quite weak...

Ben Creagh???? Are u fukn kidding me? Not only has he been in shite form but he's a soft fukn pussy cat! Tariq Sims over him ANYDAY!

Jamie Buherer??? You must be kidding? How does he make the team? Is he up to Origin quality? NO! He's is nothing special IMO...this selection has me rattled. Hinchcliffe is an easy pick over Buherer.

Trent Merrin??? Isn't he Dragons 3rd choice prop? He's form hasnt been good at all! Why not Aaron Woods? The guy has carried his whole forward pack week after week...thats who deserves the spot, not fukin merrin!

T-Rex...great player but hasn't played in weeks...questionable selection but ill take it.

Ricky Stuart was quoted saying " Players pick themselves" What a complete FRAUD!

Maybe next game we might actually pick players based on FORM and not their repuatation or name.

Well it looks like ill be backing QLD again...FREE MONEY! LOL Thanks Ricky!

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Tough starting forward pack. Can't wait to see Gallen and Tamou go at the QLD props.

Strong looking back row as well. Hard to question 8,10,11,12 or 13 IMO.

I am so happy they dropped Ennis. Guy is a liability as far as I am concerned (sorry Kingy if you like him). A lot of people argue he is built for origin and his grubbiness is an asset but he offers nothing in attack and gives away stupid penalties.

Would of been interesting to see Buderus out there but Farah > Ennis for me.

Brett Morris has been one of the better players this season, how he couldn't earn a spot is beyond me. Guy is a proven finisher on the wing whereas Hayne has proven he can go 80 minutes without giving two fuks.

Jennings - the fact he got sent to reserve grade says it all. Shit attitude. If he turns it on for origin it's even worse - just proves he thinks he is above playing club footy.

I fukkn hate the fairy Creagh. Shit c#nt, will go missing when the game gets tough.

No issue with T-Rex, was in bruising form before his suspension. Worth a shot off the bench for his impact alone.

Merrin - no.

Buhrer - get the fuk out of here. Just because you are average at all positions doesn't make you a utility player.

kingsr

Agree with the front row and second row 8, 10, 11, 12, 13...i have no problem with them. Would've gone with Hinchcliffe over Farah personally but ill take Farah and hope he's up for it...Definetely NOT Ennis! Ennis has been SHITE this year and is injured...i dont mind the grubiness he has, its good for origin (less penalties are given).

Im happy with the halves combo though. At least they got that right...

Brett Morris on the wing for sure! But lets go with Hayne LOL.

BEn Creagh the fricken pussy! Please watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ole1A50waKk

Watch him backpeddle like a b*tch after he pushes Hodges...how do they still pick him is beyond me!
    Last edited by kingsr; 05-13-12 at 04:31 AM.

kingsr

Tim Mannah or Aaron Woods over Trent Merrin.

hawley

I don't even need to watch that video to know what it is.

Those final minutes were some of my favourites in sport. Creagh dropped his nuts and backtracked so fast he should of immediately been banned from ever playing for NSW again.

I am bemused by the selection of Buhrer mainly but also Merrin.

Although they are bad calls you almost saw Jennings and Hayne making it based on the chat in the past few weeks from Stuart but Buhrer?

kingsr

Yeah agree Stuart was probably always picking them. Buherer is a head scratcher for me too. Hinchliffe is a much better option I think.

kingsr

Amazing thing is, Haynes CVR shows him as the best back for NSW this season...WTF???!

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Agree with a lot of your analysis.

Not on Jennings though, don't know what crack Cleary has been smoking but he is so superior to the rest of the Panthers side, and has been in decent form. If its off field dramas or personality clashes (which is most likely) it shouldn't interfere with choosing the best squad for SOO.

Leaving Morris out was just wrong agree 100%.

I'm just working through the potential QLD team and it looks pretty damn scary for blues supporters!

kingsr

Im really starting to warm to the NSW starting side but the bench baffles me!

Hey Benny, post your potential QLD team, here's mine:

Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brent Tate, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, Sam Thaiday, Nate Myles, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Matt Gillett, Ben Hannant, Dave Shillington, Dave Taylor. 18th man: Daly Cherry-Evans.

The problem here is probably Boyd, otherwise that 1-7 is fukn scary!

Look at the size of my bench! LOL Creagh and Merrin hahahaha
    Last edited by kingsr; 05-13-12 at 06:06 AM.

benrama

On iphone so too hard to post but pretty much same for me for QLD starting side ... Edited: Bukuya is not eligible what have I been smoking
    Last edited by benrama; 05-13-12 at 06:33 AM.

kingsr

Looking at both teams, I cant go past QLD. I will try hard to find reasons to not back them but it all screams QLD to me.

kingsr

The QLD team chosen is exactly as I predicted. No surprises with QLD, that's why they have gone 6-0

hawley

Creagh and Merrin get destroyed by the Panthers tonight

kingsr

Lmfao! How shit are the drag queens this season!?!?

kingsr

Chime in people...angles, leans?

I'm torn between big bet on QLD ML or NSW line +6.5

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

to be honest mate, id take the NSW +6.5 first game (besides anzac test) for JT at 6 jersey, will be alot of pressure to live up to locky.
    books have game at 36.5 points can definitely see NSW getting 3 tries.

kingsr

JT has slotted in fine at 5/8. I don't think the expectations will get to him. Qld have a great bond, from former and current players. That variance won't be a factor, you wouldn't think. Maybe with series tied at 1 all and game 3 qld are down 4 points with 5 minutes to play, JT may feel the pressure. But even so, there's still some clutch players like cronk, slater, smith that can turn on magic at anytime.

hawley

Will probably play QLD 1-12 but depends where the line finishes up.

I think NSW will keep this pretty close but QLD should grind out a win.

Will discuss properly tomorrow or wednesday

kingsr

The game will be played under cover, with the roof closed on Etihad stadium, if there is rain.

An agreement made by both teams.

benrama

Lean to the over at this stage for me, both sides filled with attacking players who can beat tacklers one on one; QLD should have no trouble scoring 4 tries, but they will have their work cut out stopping players like Hayne, Jennings and Morris from getting into the try scorers list as well - I think 3 tries from the Blues gets you over the line. I also think the NRL will be keen to put on a showcase in Melbourne, especially with NRL TV rights negotiations heating up. Last game at Etihad had 46 points, and I'm leaning towards a high scoring affair this time around too.

I had a lean to the Blues at +6.5, but line is now +5.5, which is a crucial number for it to have crossed. I can see Blues keeping the game close most of the way, however their bench is so bad compared to QLD's that I think they are going to tire late in the game and struggle to stop QLD pushing for late tries.

May still consider a play on either team to win by less than 12 points for ~$1.60-$1.65

gotov
    gotov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4853

NSW to score 15.5pts
    They have 3 tries (at least) in them, 1 conversion and perhaps a penalty kick
    With Farrah a field goal is also possible

kingsr

Whats the over number? Is it released yet?

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by kingsr View Post
    Whats the over number? Is it released yet?
    I think I saw someone else post 36.5 but i'm not sure. I would expect 38.5 - 40.5

hawley

Total is at 38 at bet365

easysaid

Pinny has game @36.5. Great value there.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by easysaid View Post
    Pinny has game @36.5. Great value there.
    Does Pinny have a total for you at the moment?

easysaid

not right now, probally been taking a beating all day.

That Guy
    That Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 361

Total is 36.5 at Sportsbet currently.... Seems too good to be true but I'm with you Benrama and think this will be a try fest. We get dry ground and a relatively neutral crowd + well rested players.

Also looking at QLD first try @1.70... In the last 7 games they've scored the first try, in the 1st game of origin they've scored first the last 3 years and I see no reason why they can't this time around. No stats to back it up this time.. Just feel as an experienced side they'll 'gel' first and put on a try.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

1-12 qld

Donkey
    Donkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1814

qld total points over 21.5
    qld over 3.5 tries
    inglis more tries than hodges (make it your first bet. sportsbet returns first bet to a $100 max if slater scores which is quite probable)
    total points over 36.5

go the blues

kingsr

$5000 on QLD ML @$1.50

Wish me luck boys.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by kingsr View Post
    $5000 on QLD ML @$1.50

Wish me luck boys.
    Good luck bro!

toddcarnage
    toddcarnage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I like the over also, although it's always tough in origin theres no easy tries like in club level. Ricky stuart has said he plans on playing an expansive game they have decent attacking backline NSW and with Carney there they should do some damage. QLD backline is just as good if not better, so I agree that there will be a lot of points. In the game overall the advantage is definitely with QLD, the crowd will be QLD biased mainly due to the likes of slater and smith who are basically the face of rugby league in melbourne. I think QLD have the advantage in that this team is a very similar lineup year in year out for the past 4-5 years, you'd like to think the chemistry will be there for them as opposed to NSW who have a very new lineup. The total at 36.5 if u can still get it is great value some sites have pushed up to 39.5 so its a great indication a lot of punters agree. Qld 1-12, I cant take the line its too big and I dont think NSW can win the game down in Melbourne. QLD by 4.

dRavidC
    dRavidC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6849

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    1-12 qld
    i like that. in fact i might actually be making that my official play.

hawley

Can't wait for the game.

Hope Ben Creagh gets knocked out.

123 Last