Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

England cheats against Romania in RWC

Just watching the afternoon TV news on channel 9 here in Sydney and the sports guy says "England admit to cheating in their match against Romania"

Apparently after each try they switched the ball for a brand new one for the conversion attempt.

What I want to know is... WTF would they even bother against Romania

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I thought what was happening was Wilkinson was having one ball brought on the field every time instead of using the one the try was scored with.

Either way its a joke. I have been surprised at how a few of the kickers in the indoor stadium in Dunedin have struggled to kick.

Beniphone
    Beniphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

I watched the game and the commentators were really pissed at it.

The kicker was missing goals, finally got one so they wanted to stick with that ball. It got to the point where there would be penalty and the water boy would bring on the tee and boot the ball away and give him the "magic" ball, pretty anal and stupid if you ask me
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Beniphone 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hawley

Whats actually worse is that Samoa received a $10k fine for using an incorrectly branded mouthguard

Beniphone
    Beniphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

Lol exactly

Cambel live and his crew went out and fundraised 10k selling sausages today, all paid for

hawley

Yea I saw that, good stuff ana im not surprised they raised those funds easily. I would happily put 5 bucks towards a bullshit fine.

Wilkinson is screwed either way now, every officials eye will be on him before every kick for hte rest of the World Cup.