astrobloke
    astrobloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1642

Well done benny boy!! Congrats

I did enjoy the "west coke" eagles game too yes.

Pies cat storm multi sounds pretty good!!

kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

I like that multi too but I might add manly to it! Bris with no Locky are not a chance imo

astrobloke

Quote Originally Posted by kingsr View Post
    I like that multi too but I might add manly to it! Bris with no Locky are not a chance imo
    I agree King with that summary. He is such a tough bugger too!

Just goes to show what this bloke has done not only for the game of rugby but for his team , how are they going to replace locks.

IDunno89
    IDunno89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

They'll have Wallace leading them around lmao....

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Thanks boys - agree that without Locky Brisbane are a long shot; but I'm 99% sure he'll play. He's been given the all clear by the doc and he's tough as nails.

Broncos have some mighty talented youngsters, I think they'll do just fine in a post Lockyear era.

I think the oddsmakers have the lines right in the AFL for the weekend, don't think I'll have many plays other than that multi. At $1.58 I'll likely be playing the Pies/WC multi as well despite less than ideal odds; West Coast played their grand final and Hawks are no match for a full strength Pies. They were gifted the game on the weekend, reality check is coming.

astrobloke

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    Thanks boys - agree that without Locky Brisbane are a long shot; but I'm 99% sure he'll play. He's been given the all clear by the doc and he's tough as nails.

Broncos have some mighty talented youngsters, I think they'll do just fine in a post Lockyear era.

I think the oddsmakers have the lines right in the AFL for the weekend, don't think I'll have many plays other than that multi. At $1.58 I'll likely be playing the Pies/WC multi as well despite less than ideal odds; West Coast played their grand final and Hawks are no match for a full strength Pies. They were gifted the game on the weekend, reality check is coming.
    Thanks for the update bro.

My intuition is telling me and the first thought that came into my head when they won their game over the weekend, is that they will go all the way and win it for LOCKY!.

Maybe I am wrong!, but there is that feeling about all this, ISNT THERE? and they do not want to send him out on a low. Morale is high now and that is going to drive them even harder.

benrama

Yep - totally agree, this team will be on a high and riding into the Eagles game with all the momentum. Lockyear will play, I'd bet the house on it.

Both teams coming off the bye last year were in with a real struggle, Titans got well beat, and Saints had to pull off the thriller against the Tigers. I don't see the Storm struggling this year but I think this Eagles game will be another cracker I think. Lockyear to kick another drop goal to win!

kingsr

With the surgery he had, it takes a few days for the pain and bruising to subside. He may be a liabilty to his team if he plays.

On the flipside, will the manly unexperienced halves be able to cope with finals pressure? I might sit this out even if Locky is out.

benrama

He'll probably play with one of those boxing helmets, and what Lockyear gives to the Broncos is leadership, and so even if he misses a tackle or two you'd still be happy with that trade-off.

Sometimes it feels like the narrative is too hard to resist, and Lockyear winning in his final year seems like it's meant to happen. That said, i won't get too caught up in it betting-wise, I think I will have an action wager only on the game.

kingsr

Multi

Melb storm
    Geelong
    Collingwood

All SU paying 2.30. Just booked it for 3 units.

benrama

Via Pinnacle I can get about $1.65 by betting the Pies/Cats sequentially (rather than putting in a parlay) - this will likely be a BIG play for me, quite likely I'll put my finals profits on this multi alone.

Storm/Pies/Cats will be a smaller play, been burned too many times with NRL games in my multi's, I've sworn not to bet them big again.

Wonder when books are going to put out a line on the Broncs game ...

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Are the Cats and Pies quite likely to win?

How many points you reckon Lockyer is worth for the spread?

kingsr

Line will be around 4.5 or 5.5 for manly game.

IDunno89

I don't think it will be that much I think you will see 2.5-3.5

kingsr

Line is 4.5 for Manly game. Sharp lines in league and AFL this week.

IDunno89

I'll be playing bronocos +4.5 is Lockyer olays

kingsr

Quote Originally Posted by IDunno89 View Post
    I'll be playing bronocos +4.5 is Lockyer olays

Saw him today on FoxSportNews, he doesn't look good at all! He will ultimately make the decision to play or not. The doctor advised him to sit out for 6 weeks.

Even if he decided to play, i think he may be a liabilty to his team. He doesnt look good at all, and surely, even if he feels better, the injury must play on his mind during the game, especially if he cops another hit on it in a tackle that may aggravate the injury.

RLF
    RLF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 496

I hope he loses his eye sight if he plays.

IDunno89

Quote Originally Posted by RLF View Post
    Manly supporter?

RLF

Nah I hate Lockyer/Broncos/QLDers

kingsr

Quote Originally Posted by RLF View Post

That's not cool man, Lockyear is a humble man, a legend of the game. He's not a grub. Wishing that upon him is not right, even if you did bet Manly

IDunno89

I'm sure he is only joking....

astrobloke

yes bag players and teams if you will...

But remember we are all in this to help eachother, rob bookies and having some god damn fun!!

Us ==> <== Bookies

he he bookies LOL Take that.

Screw you bookies, its time to send you back to your bowl of cornflakes to cry into
    Last edited by astrobloke; 09-19-11 at 10:34 PM.

Beniphone
    Beniphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

RLF

Quote Originally Posted by kingsr View Post
    That's not cool man, Lockyear is a humble man, a legend of the game. He's not a grub. Wishing that upon him is not right, even if you did bet Manly
    Haha fair enough, just a joke, I don't like Lockyer very much.

benrama

Personally I think Broncos +4.5 HAS to be a play - there is no way Lockyer doesn't suit up for this one, and I really don't think he can be targeted. If you're a Manly player and you go in high against Lockyer you'd want to be fleeing the country. And the injury is really an aesthetic one not related to foot/hand skills - the only effect I think it will have is psychological.

And RLF, that was a shitty poor taste excuse for a joke, I have no time for people that make low-life comments like that - fk off out of my thread.
    Points Awarded:

astrobloke gave benrama 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

kingsr

Ben, psychological is VERY important in any sport! If he isnt mentally right, his game game will almost certainly be affected.

Benji Marshall (springs to mind) shined after his court case for assault was dismissed, before that he was very ordinary.

I'm sitting this one out, I'm happy to spectate as i think it will be a great game. Good luck if you do decide to play.

IDunno89

I'm with Ben on this one.... If Lockyer plays I'll defiantly be playing +4.5. He has been around long enough to play through this I think he is mentally tough enough....

aunty jack
    aunty jack's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's still on offer at +4.5 at Bet365... but has been taken down at Centrebet... and suspended at Unitab.

Is there some sort of decision expected today?

kingsr

I think he officially will make his decision on Friday, they have a tackling training session on Thursday so he will wait to see how he pulls up out of that.

IDunno89

Just announced he will NOT be playing.... Very surprised....

IDunno89

Line has already moved 3 points.... Wasn't quick enough

kingsr

I honestly knew all along he wouldnt play. It's too risky! I know people who have had same surgery, they told me almost impossible that he plays, to play would be stupid!

aunty jack

Thanx mate. I have mixed feelings. I want to see Lockyer finish his career on the playing field, and not sitting in the grandstand. But I can also understand that he has a wife and young family to consider.

I think the club also has a duty of care. Even though they've said the final decision is up to him... that's a hell of a burden to place on someone who's already given 16 years of loyal service.

At least it's given the media something to talk about this week instead of the usual groin injuries...

aunty jack

Disregard my little speech... didn't see the updated info from you guys before I pressed 'reply'. D'oh!

First 123 Last