immy5150
    immy5150's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    he was married with 2.3 kids , and a dog

he could not be seen engaging or playing the role of a swinging bachelor to curry the favor of his squeeky clean sponsors

my point is had he never married in the first place he could have avoid all of this fallout

remember a few months ago getting in front of the press begging for forgiveness, what the fuk is that about
    excatly,,,marriage just ruined everything...could have had kids with anyone

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Yep tired. He lost his mojo when the hottie dumped him.

End of story.

ScreaminPain
    ScreaminPain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3172

Quote Originally Posted by Bergonzi View Post
    He has treated other golfers very poorly when they beat him. He thinks he loses tournaments and the other players have no skills at all..
    If you only knew.....Most all the players respect Tiger and his game, as well as the amount of money they are all making because of Tiger. He has sent texts to congratulate several players after good rounds or tourney wins. Of course, things like this are seldom revealed. Tiger is respecful of his peers!

He throws his clubs, cries like a little baby, and complains when things are not going his way...
    The best way to become a good loser is PRACTICE!.....I think it's obvious you're not very good at golf. Anyone who has ever achieved a resonable level of proficiency playing golf can understand the frustration of not being able to pull off shots at times. Some players can quietly seeth, but others show more emotion....is that a fatal character flaw? Read about "terrible" Tommy Bolt. He threw more clubs than anyone, and cried at least as much when "things weren't going his way".

I'm sorry, the greatest golfers that played the game never even approached the kind of shit Tiger gets away with.
    Hah! Read a little of Walter Hagen's exploits. He is remembered as golf's most flamboyant character. He mentioned "He never wanted to be a millionaire, just to live like one". He was the first golfer to realise the commercial opportunities of product endorsement. In his day, golf pros were on the bottom rung of the pecking order and not allowed in clubhouse. Once, Hagen rented a Rolls Royce and an butler and parked in front of the clubhouse at a tournament in England. When he went on to win, he refused to accept the trophy in the clubhouse ceremony.
    Yes, that was in the 1920's, but as recently as the 60's, Palmer couldn't play for several years in the Tucson Open. Why, because a husband caught him in bed with a female courtesy car driver.
    Your above statement is naive. I could go on and on, including stories concerning "champagne" Tony Lema, and others who are still playing, but I think I've made my point.

I find it curious how some posters can't stand success, and in Tigers case, even blaming his Dad for naming him "TIGER". What a joke!

"WTF" even posted this comment.."surrounded by all that upper crust golf set ". He doesn't have a clue about Tigers early years, learning to play on a Par 3 course and getting instruction from a friend of mine, a journeyman, unknown (but proud) club professional. A comment like the one above reeks with envy.

I see an interesting aspect of the seemingly love/hate situation as it applies to fame, fortune or celebrity. The media used to be allies with celebrities. Do you think all of Mickey Mantles charades were publicized? Most of the attention payed to todays athletes and other celebrities are results of some wierd need to expose every raw bit of scandal, real or perceived. Rags like "US", "People" and of course "National Inquirer", feed off this kind of abherrent behavior.....and make fortunes doing it. As long as that continues, the uninformed will accept some of this drivel as truth, form opinions, and post in forums.
    Last edited by ScreaminPain; 08-15-11 at 12:48 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

nice post SP

if the rest of you schmucks who are taking the moral stance that tiger is a bad guy, you're pretty naive to think that this shlt isn't going on all over tour. there's pretty well known rumors that phil has a child with another woman and whether that's true or not, you better believe that 90% of the tour is running around on their old ladies in some fashion.

Bergonzi
    Bergonzi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

This guy lived right about five miles from me, so I KNOW A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THIS ASSH

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminPain View Post
    If you only knew.....Most all the players respect Tiger and his game, as well as the amount of money they are all making because of Tiger. He has sent texts to congratulate several players after good rounds or tourney wins. Of course, things like this are seldom revealed. Tiger is respecful of his peers!

The best way to become a good loser is PRACTICE!.....I think it's obvious you're not very good at golf. Anyone who has ever achieved a resonable level of proficiency playing golf can understand the frustration of not being able to pull off shots at times. Some players can quietly seeth, but others show more emotion....is that a fatal character flaw? Read about "terrible" Tommy Bolt. He threw more clubs than anyone, and cried at least as much when "things weren't going his way".

Hah! Read a little of Walter Hagen's exploits. He is remembered as golf's most flamboyant character. He mentioned "He never wanted to be a millionaire, just to live like one". He was the first golfer to realise the commercial opportunities of product endorsement. In his day, golf pros were on the bottom rung of the pecking order and not allowed in clubhouse. Once, Hagen rented a Rolls Royce and an butler and parked in front of the clubhouse at a tournament in England. When he went on to win, he refused to accept the trophy in the clubhouse ceremony.
    Yes, that was in the 1920's, but as recently as the 60's, Palmer couldn't play for several years in the Tucson Open. Why, because a husband caught him in bed with a female courtesy car driver.
    Your above statement is naive. I could go on and on, including stories concerning "champagne" Tony Lema, and others who are still playing, but I think I've made my point.

I find it curious how some posters can't stand success, and in Tigers case, even blaming his Dad for naming him "TIGER". What a joke!

"WTF" even posted this comment.."surrounded by all that upper crust golf set ". He doesn't have a clue about Tigers early years, learning to play on a Par 3 course and getting instruction from a friend of mine, a journeyman, unknown (but proud) club professional. A comment like the one above reeks with envy.

I see an interesting aspect of the seemingly love/hate situation as it applies to fame, fortune or celebrity. The media used to be allies with celebrities. Do you think all of Mickey Mantles charades were publicized? Most of the attention payed to todays athletes and other celebrities are results of some wierd need to expose every raw bit of scandal, real or perceived. Rags like "US", "People" and of course "National Inquirer", feed off this kind of abherrent behavior.....and make fortunes doing it. As long as that continues, the uninformed will accept some of this drivel as truth, form opinions, and post in forums.
    This guy lived right about five miles from me, so I KNOW A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THIS ASSHOLE! YEAH I'M TALKING ABOUT BITCH WOODS!

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Tired of ESPN....like 5 years ago.

First 12