bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

BC lights it up against an injured EDM team. Saw enough to see that Simon and Bruce were the keys to victory and EDM's injuries. Record to date: 9-5

bigsmitty

Friday game HAM @ WIN (-3.5). Going with WIN and giving the points. Good home record for WIN and I think they're doing their best to live up to the hype. Cheers and good luck

bigsmitty

Hmm. Only saw a bit of the game but it looked pretty entertaining. WIN -3.5 was a bit of a trap line but the moneyline price wasn't great (in my opinion) so good on ya if you got the HAM spread. Chewing nails at the end. Record to date: 9-6. Going with CGY -1 tomorrow-good luck.

bigsmitty

Sweet MTL@ CGY game. Would have made a decent Cup game. Record to date: 10-6. Cheers

bigsmitty

Friday BC (-1.5) @ TOR. BC made a very impressive argument that they still have life left in their season after beating the crap out of a depleted EDM squad. I'm a big believer in money management-two percent rule-and with that being said I can definitely see a case being made to bet the max of that limit. I think the line is based on current power rankings and the belief that one game does not change a season. In the Lions case and the addition of A. Bruce to work as a double threat with G. Simon their season has changed. Lulay (a decent QB in my opinion) now has the viable double deep threat option to go along with his standard RB and screen plays. This opens up a whole can of worms for the opposing defenses and in this case I seriously doubt that TOR has any real means of coping with this revitalized BC team. With the EDM beat-down comes confidence and a renewed sense of belief in the Lions, of which the TOR team bless their souls has little to bring them up. Definitely taking BC (-1.5) and I could see a fair run-away in this one as TOR is forced to take increasing gambles to keep up with BC. Not a big line-watcher but it did start at a PK and has now dropped to BC -1.5 and I could see it dropping to -3. Let me know if you have other ideas. Cheers and good luck!

bigsmitty

Solid BC win. Record to date: 11-6.

bigsmitty

Sunday WIN (-2.5) @ SSK. Call me simple but I don't understand this line at all. How in the hell is the first place team against the last place team less than a field goal? Unless someone sees something obscure that I don't this is a no-brainer. Has SSK really got that much better with a new(old) coach and another week or so of practice? In my opinion this line should be similar to the EDM @ CGY line which I'm still trying to decide upon. Anyways, I'm on WIN and the spread. Cheers and good luck

bigsmitty

Minor edit to the previous post-I stated that WIN was "first place team" in which I meant by all accounts in the power rankings. Should be a fun game if I get to see some!

bigsmitty

Well that didn't go as expected. Missed most of that WIN@SSK game but I'll have to see it. Going with MON -2.5 and CGY -8.5 today. Record to date 11-7. Good luck

bigsmitty

Well that's not freaking good...Was a dog domination weekend. Record to date 11-9.

bigsmitty

All right, time to get back on track. Easy enough to take the points and go with EDM +3 currently but I think CGY is set to deliver some payback. CGY statistically had some bright moments last game but got burned at key moments with some strange plays. QB Burris is definitely a hothead competitor that gets flustered when things are going wrong but given injuries and the retribution factor I think three points is a reasonable spread to cover. CGY -3 is my play. Good luck.

bigsmitty

Nice win by CGY to cover the points and settle a bit of score in Alberta. Today TOR @ BC (-7.5). This is a bit of a daunting spread but I really can't take TOR that is in such turmoil after the departure of QB Lemon (who I thought was doing a decent job). Pretty tough for backup Bell to hit the gate running with a BC team that has found it's confidence and double deep threat to open up the run and short-yard screens. I'll take BC and give the 7.5 figuring they will continue to re-establish themselves, especially at home. Record to date: 12-9

bigsmitty

BC covers in convincing fashion to mark (I believe their departure from Empire Stadium). Sunday SSK @ WIN (-5.5). Going with WIN for the payback again, thinking that more attention will be paid to the downtown throws by Durant. Although I believe QB Durant is going to do better without coach Marshall, this is still a team that I think played for the home crowd of Labor Day and will return to earth shortly. As well, although the AL's have some injury issues I think last game was largely lost with foolish penalties albeit the HAM defense may be ranked second in the league. HAM's road record is a bit troublesome for Ti-Cats supporters although if I didn't think Montreal was set on re-establishing themselves for the playoffs I could be persuaded to take HAM and the points. Giving away points on my picks but it seems to work in my mind. WIN -5.5 and MON -5.5. Cheers and good luck. Record to date: 13-9

bigsmitty

So WIN is susceptible to the long ball...MON kicks the tar out of HAM for us and SSK continues their downtown success against WIN. I wonder if this opens up a formula for other teams to be successful against WIN or if SSK's receiving group is unique. Record to date: 14-10. Cheers

bigsmitty

Been too busy to write up lately. Went with BC + 4 @ CGY today though. Would have been nice to get + 6 but this is one of the drawbacks of watching the line. Many are on CGY but I think BC continues to roll. Cheers and good luck.

bigsmitty

Wow look at the Lions lately. Nice smashdown fellas. Going with MON-7.5 tomorrow as I see QB Pierce for WIN is "probable" with bruised ribs. My thinking is likely he'll play but he usually makes so many scrambles, etc that he'll either be limited to the pocket and not nearly as effective or he'll scramble anyways and get cranked. -7.5 seems like a fair bit but it's probably reasonable for MON at home. Cheers and good luck. Record to date: 15-10.

bigsmitty

Disappointing on the WIN @ MON game. Record: 15-11.

bigsmitty

The only CFL game I really had time to look at was CGY @ HAM, busy with work, family and NFL. I think I'll take HAM on this one and the point even though they've really not been doing well as of late. What I do like is their relative health against a fairly injured CGY team that relies fairly heavily on Burris and big plays. HAM has really shaken things up recently which tells me that losing is unacceptable and goes a long way to creating the right attitude for success. Thinking the Cats showcase their revitalized (and new) strengths tomorrow at home against a banged up Stamps team. Going with HAM (+1). Cheers

bigsmitty

Nice win by HAM-obviously they've shaken things up and are for real. Record to date: 16-11

bigsmitty

Been away forever-NFL, work and family (not necessarily in that order) occupying my time these days. BC is digging it's new(old) home these days. I heard some foolishness that they were going to keep the roof open if showers occured-to test the drainage system...At any rate, I like BC-3.5 against CGY. Both teams are reasonably healthy so we're looking at an all out battle for first in the west. Second game in the revised BC Place so largely the jitters are out of the way for the Lions-the hook does make me a little nervous on the line but I don't like to buy down, especially in the CFL with the one point endzone kicks. At any rate I think the Lions continue and cover the 3.5 Cheers and good luck!

First 12