joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Drosselmeyer Preparing for World Cup

WinStar Farm’s 2010 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Drosselmeyer, who has been working strongly toward his 4-year-old debut, is being pointed to the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) at Meydan March 26.

WinStar President Elliott Walden said Feb. 7 that plans call for Drosselmeyer to run in the $125,000 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) at the Fair Grounds Feb. 19 prior to going to Dubai.

“He’s doing great; he’s doing super. We’ll see what happens, but so far he’s doing everything right,” said Walden of the Distorted Humor colt out of grade 1 winner Golden Ballet.

Drosselmeyer breezed five furlongs at Payson Park in Florida Feb. 6 for trainer Bill Mott, stopping the clock in 1.00.80, co-fastest time at the distance with the move turned in by leading Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I) candidate To Honor and Serve.

Rested following his resounding Belmont win over fellow Dubai World Cup nominees Fly Down and First Dude June 5 after incurring a minor ankle injury, Drosselmeyer has not raced since then. He resumed serious training two days before Christmas at Payson and his workouts could not have been better, with the last three ranking as bullets.

“We’re real happy with his works,” Walden said.

Both WinStar and Mott know how to win the Dubai World Cup. Well Armed carried the farm’s silks while breaking a record with his 14-length victory for trainer Eoin Harty in 2009. Mott also made history when he saddled the first winner of the world’s richest race, two-time Horse of the Cigar, in 1996.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...#ixzz1DKkm3vDU

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

super saturday @fg on the 19th should be great racing

mproud1
    mproud1's Avatar Become A Pro!

'Switch' anyone?

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Coming from someone who is a big Drosselmeyer fan.I think it would be a huge waste to send him to Dubai.I think he is best at distances greater than the 1 1/4 of the world cup and even then I don't think he is a world class horse.Shipping to Dubai takes so much from the horse that after it gets back to the USA it usually takes a long time to get back to form so they would be wasting much of his 4 yr old campaign to finish up the track.Same goes with Fly Down if they send him.I can see Morning Line having a chance and would love to take him at a price in the World Cup.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Be very surprised to see them ship Fly Down after that awful effort in the Donn.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Coming from someone who is a big Drosselmeyer fan.I think it would be a huge waste to send him to Dubai.I think he is best at distances greater than the 1 1/4 of the world cup and even then I don't think he is a world class horse.Shipping to Dubai takes so much from the horse that after it gets back to the USA it usually takes a long time to get back to form so they would be wasting much of his 4 yr old campaign to finish up the track.Same goes with Fly Down if they send him.I can see Morning Line having a chance and would love to take him at a price in the World Cup.