mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by ProPicker713 View Post
    and there are more scratches later in the other races .
    Yeah I tried to warn everyone about an hour beforehand.If both your horses scratch then you get the post time favorite.Thats how we have done it for the last 3 months since we started

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Oh ok thanks .

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Looks like bombs away

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Wow 39-1

mikemca
    Update Status

Using the 7-1-11-15 in the 4th .The 11 is 40-1 and the 7 is 16-1 .Trying to get them in the money somehow

mikemca
    Update Status

Got 1 of the 4...Not even good in Baseball

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Gotta think #3 Pleasant Run could end up in the Kentucky Derby. That was a crazy stretch kick.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    Gotta think #3 Pleasant Run could end up in the Kentucky Derby. That was a crazy stretch kick.

I picked him...However that was a really fast pace for 1 1/8 mile so maybe an illusion

terrygolf1313
    terrygolf1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

They say life at ten had a reaction to it at breeders cup if so that maybe why some dont use it

mikemca
    Update Status

yawn...zbar ahead with 2 races left

Thezbar-$67.40
    bbrobozo-$44.60

terrygolf1313
    terrygolf1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mikeaca is tomorrow going to be just fg????

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm alive to cash in the final race to four horses 6,9,13,15. Pick 3 and pick 4. $163 ,$192,$152,$3195.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by terrygolf1313 View Post
    Mikeaca is tomorrow going to be just fg????

Yeah don't know what the weather is gonna bring at gulfstream

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    I'm alive to cash in the final race to four horses 6,9,13,15. Pick 3 and pick 4. $163 ,$192,$152,$3195.
    Points Awarded:

mikemca gave thezbar 42 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mikemca
    Update Status

thezbar wins again with $70

ViPeRz
    ViPeRz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Guys,

I am a small time trainer 4-5 horses a year at a small track. Thought I would throw my 2-cents in to the lasix discussion. It is common for horses that are in race or intence training to suffur from EIPH which is Exercise Indused Pulmonary Hemoraging. This is caused by an increase in the horses bloood pressure due to the intensity of the training. What happens is the thin walled cappilaries burst under this increase in blood pressure causing blood to enter the lungs and inhibit athletic ability. Lasix is used as a blood thinner to help prevent against EIPH. Lasix causes a horse to lose body weight so it is thought that the use of Lasix lowers the number of starts a horse can make over a race season. It takes a little longer for horses to recover from a work/race than those who do not race on lasix. Each horse is different and react differently to the drug so there is more than likely a reason why the trainer decided not to run on it. I have had fillys where the lasix took so much out of them (and they were thin as it is) that it was hard to put them on lasix as the lack in body weight would hinder their racing performance. I do however try to run most of the horses under my care on lasix. This is all just my opinion and thought I would throw my hat into the ring on this discussion.

Good Luck with your picks fellas...

Shon Haley.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by ViPeRz View Post
    Hi Guys, I am a small time trainer 4-5 horses a year at a small track. Thought I would throw my 2-cents in to the lasix discussion. It is common for horses that are in race or intence training to suffur from EIPH which is Exercise Indused Pulmonary Hemoraging. This is caused by an increase in the horses bloood pressure due to the intensity of the training. What happens is the thin walled cappilaries burst under this increase in blood pressure causing blood to enter the lungs and inhibit athletic ability. Lasix is used as a blood thinner to help prevent against EIPH. Lasix causes a horse to lose body weight so it is thought that the use of Lasix lowers the number of starts a horse can make over a race season. It takes a little longer for horses to recover from a work/race than those who do not race on lasix. Each horse is different and react differently to the drug so there is more than likely a reason why the trainer decided not to run on it. I have had fillys where the lasix took so much out of them (and they were thin as it is) that it was hard to put them on lasix as the lack in body weight would hinder their racing performance. I do however try to run most of the horses under my care on lasix. This is all just my opinion and thought I would throw my hat into the ring on this discussion. Good Luck with your picks fellas... Shon Haley.

Thx for the info...But given that 95% of US horses are run on lasix aren't you putting your horse at a big disadvantage by not utilizing the drug? I just often see where trainers will run the horse without lasix for its 1st race or two and then add lasix the 3rd race.Why not just begin using lasix in the 1st race?

ViPeRz
    ViPeRz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know two year olds are not allowed to race on Lasix so I am not sure if this might factor in to what you saw. Horse was running without it as a two year old and then once they hit three they put the horse on the Lasix program. How it works here is the horse has to be qualified by a track vet in order to be eligible to run on Lasix. It is possible that the trainer never saw evidence of bleeding prior to that point. Then either after a race or even a breeze there was evidence of blood. The trainer calls the track vet to come and scope. Vet finds blood and puts horse on Lasix from that point forward. This probably isnt the answer you were looking for but it is a possible scenario. Most trainers will be able to tell you that some horses just dont do well on Lasix and putting them on it may actually hinder there performance. I guess there are alot of different reasons but these are just my thoughts and past experiences. I havent been training as long as some people so there may be some other good info on this topic. Good Discussion either way...

First 12