Gremlin Lad
    Gremlin Lad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mine That Bird Retired 11/2010

RACING NEWS: Mine That Bird, who stunned the racing world when he won the 2009 Kentucky Derby at 50-1 odds, has been retired. "They told me they were going to pick him up and take him home," trainer D. Wayne Lukas said of owners Dr. Leonard Blach and Mark Allen. "He is just not mentally into it." Lukas said Mine That Bird will be sent to Blach’s Buena Surte Ranch in Roswell, N.M. Lukas said the decision was made Nov. 7, one day after Mine That Bird finished 10th in the 12-horse field in the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I). "We talked it over quite thoroughly before the race," Lukas said. "His weight was excellent and he was still physically sound. He was just going through the motions. I am really disappointed about the Mile. Before the race, I really thought we were going to win it but he didn’t get the trip and the winner (Dakota Phone) ran a great race."

found on Brisnet.com

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Lukas is so out of touch it isn't funny....Hamazing Destiny did key a nice exacta for me though on Saturday

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

let wolley have another shot

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

this horse has been a total stiff since that fluke derby win. he couldn't win a 5000 claimer at mountaineer. i had the foresight to throw him out of every race he ran after that derby rail skimming win.

callmejrk1
    callmejrk1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

he should of retired allready

zebra58

horse probably lost all interest during the cross-country road trip w/chip woolley & his pick up truck, side swiping other trucks windows broken out who knows what else, gotta keep the horse happy

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by zebra58 View Post
    horse probably lost all interest during the cross-country road trip w/chip woolley & his pick up truck, side swiping other trucks windows broken out who knows what else, gotta keep the horse happy
    Hahaa!

And double lulz for can't win a $5,000 claimer at Mountaineer.

Yeah, that horse fell the hell off after the Derby win.

I was explaining to someone before that horses are just like people in that some days, they just don't feel like working.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    this horse has been a total stiff since that fluke derby win. he couldn't win a 5000 claimer at mountaineer. i had the foresight to throw him out of every race he ran after that derby rail skimming win.
    He finished 2nd in the preakness. Not bad for a stiff. After that, he tanked.

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Just an early bird in the crop. He excelled at 2 and then gradually got worst.

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Quote Originally Posted by gtkid911 View Post
    Just an early bird in the crop. He excelled at 2 and then gradually got worst.

obviously a horse enthusiast here.. smart man

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

yes, he had enough left to get that 2nd in the preakness. but after that he needed binoculars to find the finish line. they should of sold him after that preakness placing. owner and trainer inept.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    yes, he had enough left to get that 2nd in the preakness. but after that he needed binoculars to find the finish line. they should of sold him after that preakness placing. owner and trainer inept.
    Kind of like Giacomo (sic). Funnycide didn't fair much better, but he raced a few more years after 3.

Racing Form
    Racing Form's Avatar Become A Pro!

Time for lots of horsey sex at about $10k a pop.

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

10k?? that much

zebra58

Quote Originally Posted by Racing Form View Post
    Time for lots of horsey sex at about $10k a pop.
    no horsey sex for the bird he's a gelding, that's while they kept racing after the belmont, surely would of been sent straight to breeding shed,, makes you wonder how many past derby winners would have turned out to be flops in racing, had they not been retired soon after & sent to the breeding shed

Racing Form
    Racing Form's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zebra58 View Post
    no horsey sex for the bird he's a gelding, that's while they kept racing after the belmont, surely would of been sent straight to breeding shed,, makes you wonder how many past derby winners would have turned out to be flops in racing, had they not been retired soon after & sent to the breeding shed

omg my bad, wow now that would be dumb to pay 10k for servicing by a gelding