Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

Delaware Park cuts on track takeout on exacta bets

Not sure if this was mentioned here, but Delaware Park has cut its takeout on exactas for on track wagers.. The takeout off track is 19%, but if your there , its only 10%. not a bad deal if you can get there, but you still have to pick winners though, always a problem

ok now what
    ok now what's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Slowly but surely, some tracks are beginning to wake up to the need to cut the takeout. Delaware's the sort of track that could HIGHLY benefit from this. It has the potential to be a great third or second-string kind of track, and I think this a highly novel idea. Sometimes, tracks actually penalize the on-track bettor with an automatic tax of winning tickets, such as in Illinois, where at harness and t-breds, a small percentage is sliced off the payout compared to out-of-state. Awful business model.

I recently learned Pocono Downs (harness) was charging an obscene 35%. That was the worst rate of takeout in the industry anyplace. That meant the money returned to bettors at that track was really, really close to the sort of returns one gets from a government lottery game. They've since cut it to 25% on at least the exotics. Still bad. 15% and less is very fair and gets you into a reasonable spot to make long-term gains.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

Yea i dont play tris and supers that much but i saw the takeout rate here in PA for those wagers is one of the highest in the country, absolutley ridiculous. I think more tracks should do what delaware is doing, try it out , see if attendance at the races go up..