madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Enough with Rachel Alexandra

Isn't she just DONE by now.....I mean look at what Zenyatta does here, come on....most horses would just say **** YOU and clip heels and stop.......do you think this horse would EVER lose a race?

How the **** did Zenyatta even win this race? The other horses were all out and she just played with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Swx...eature=related

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Oh yeah, and she's probly better on dirt.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Zenyatta tons better than Rachael no doubt

horseexpert
    horseexpert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Zenyatta the best

mproud1
    mproud1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
    Oh yeah, and she's probly better on dirt.
    a.k.a Oaklawn where she $%it on them

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Rachel will never regain her form of last year. That said their will probably never have a Zenyatta vs Rachel matchup.

gangster
    gangster's Avatar Become A Pro!

zenyatta, the all time best. i am in love with her

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

zenyatta is great, she loves the rubber though, lets see how she handles the churchill dirt, if she shows up

callmejrk1
    callmejrk1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

churchill that freakin horse cant run where real horses run this will be funny stay out west with the cheap shit

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

The horse of the year race last year proved how terribly biased East Coast voters are when they gave Rachel Alexandra horse of the year over Zenyatta even though Zenyatta won the Breeders Cup Classic against the boys in incredible fashion.

At least, all of these biased East Coast voters admitted they made a mistake.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

I'm wondering if "Rachael" didn't have some steroids as part of her early three year old training. She sure grew up dramatically between the end of her two year old campaign and her early three year old season. She was physically superior in the first six months of 2009. That could explain why the original owners were willing to sell her to Jess Jackson. Also the declining form cycle since that summer. Big Brown had his moments of glory but it didn't last. Could it be the same story with R.A.?

zebra58

seen many fillies get real good at 3 and tail off at 4, happens every year, rachael was a super filly, deserved horse of year,

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

Quote Originally Posted by zebra58 View Post
    seen many fillies get real good at 3 and tail off at 4, happens every year, rachael was a super filly, deserved horse of year,
    I guess there's a few of you still left. I never realized beating Mine that Bird who has only won 1 race in two years was Horse of the year material.

zebra58

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    I guess there's a few of you still left. I never realized beating Mine that Bird who has only won 1 race in two years was Horse of the year material.
    nice one,, i still believe, looks like the brass in ny do as well as she got an invite to the 750,000 jockeyclub gold cup oct,2 , she can't compete w/those right now, maybe never again,

gonna watch sara louise crush today, the only horse to beat r.a as a 2year old

mproud1

Blind Luck has taken Rachel's spot

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Some of the posts in this thread are laughable.She did a lot more than just beat Mine That Bird.She rewrote the history books last year and ran faster than Ruffian in doing so.Trying to dismiss what she did because of this year is short sighted and just plain dumb.Of course last year took a lot out of her.She put together a campaign never seen in what 130+ years of horse racing.As far as horse of the year, no doubt about it she was.It means much more when Florida St.(Rachel) goes undefeated than when Boise St. or Hawaii(Zenyatta) does.

BarkingToad

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Some of the posts in this thread are laughable.She did a lot more than just beat Mine That Bird.She rewrote the history books last year and ran faster than Ruffian in doing so.Trying to dismiss what she did because of this year is short sighted and just plain dumb.Of course last year took a lot out of her.She put together a campaign never seen in what 130+ years of horse racing.As far as horse of the year, no doubt about it she was.It means much more when Florida St.(Rachel) goes undefeated than when Boise St. or Hawaii(Zenyatta) does.
    I don't know where to begin so I won't try. I appreciate your insight, though, how beating Mine that Bird is like Florida St and a 2 time Breeders Cup champ is Boise St or Hawaii. I bet you're impressed with a player Erin Andrews does a sideline report on stating he scored 7 touchdowns in a high school game.

zebra58

Quote Originally Posted by mproud1 View Post
    Blind Luck has taken Rachel's spot
    mp, looks like blind luck & zenyatta may face off this sat @oak tree, hopefully

zebra58

I don't know where to begin so I won't try. I appreciate your insight, though, how beating Mine that Bird is like Florida St and a 2 time Breeders Cup champ is Boise St or Hawaii. I bet you're impressed with a player Erin Andrews does a sideline report on stating he scored 7 touchdowns in a high school game.
    btoad, i know you don't think much of ra alexa, is it the whole zen vs ra alexa thing,, i never was high on zenyatta, but she done enough this year to sway me, still i question the quality of the horses she has beaten, even the classic win,,

one thing i know she may run @churchill, but she will not run in the classic,, they already skip out on cd,, was it oaks on derby day 2 yaers ago,,

zebra58

grat post,, would like to see her in the beldame (sat)

mproud1

btoad, i know you don't think much of ra alexa, is it the whole zen vs ra alexa thing,, i never was high on zenyatta, but she done enough this year to sway me, still i question the quality of the horses she has beaten, even the classic win,,

one thing i know she may run @churchill, but she will not run in the classic,, they already skip out on cd,, was it oaks on derby day 2 yaers ago,,
    ''she will not run in the classic''???????????

I'm pretty sure that's what the owners are pointing towards

mikemca
    Update Status

mp, looks like blind luck & zenyatta may face off this sat @oak tree, hopefully
    Blind Luck is running at Philly instead of Oak Tree on Saturday .Pretty sure RA is running in the Beldame.She has been working great since the Personal Ensign capped off by a bullet 48.45 half mile best of 50 yesterday .No matter what this Saturday is going to be great.There are like 8 or 9 Grade 1 races between Belmont and Oak tree.

mikemca
    Update Status

''she will not run in the classic''???????????

I'm pretty sure that's what the owners are pointing towards

Her connections are so concerned about preserving her undefeated record I have my doubts also.No doubt anything less than a fast track for the classic and they will back out.

mproud1

Her connections are so concerned about preserving her undefeated record I have my doubts also.No doubt anything less than a fast track for the classic and they will back out.
    If she doesn't run & Quality Road wins then Quality Road will get HORSE OF THE YEAR, NOT ZENYATTA. How will her owners feel then??

odtw524
    odtw524's Avatar Become A Pro!

Zenyatta is fabulous she got screwed out of horse of the year last year but no ones can contend with her for it this year...cant wait to watch her run in the Ladies secret on saturday!!

mproud1

Quote Originally Posted by odtw524 View Post
    Zenyatta is fabulous she got screwed out of horse of the year last year but no ones can contend with her for it this year...cant wait to watch her run in the Ladies secret on saturday!!
    Quality Road WILL get horse of the year if he wins the Classic, ESPECIALLY if Zenyatta doesn't run.

BarkingToad

Quality Road WILL get horse of the year if he wins the Classic, ESPECIALLY if Zenyatta doesn't run.
    I would agree with that statement.

To answer zebra, Zenyatta scratched at Churchill Downs last year for the Louisville Distaff b/c heavy rains occured a day before the race to make the track sloppy. Connections didn't want her to run on that for her first start of the year. Big Z certainly would have run otherwise.

I still get amazed when Rachel apologists question Zenyatta's competition. If the Breeder's Cup Classic was so "lousy" and "no competition", why didn't Rachel show up, then there would be no debate. She should have had her way with such a lousy field. Rachel never shyed away from bad competition before. In fact why didn't she show up at Oaklawn this year when $5 million was on the line.

zebra58

I would agree with that statement.

To answer zebra, Zenyatta scratched at Churchill Downs last year for the Louisville Distaff b/c heavy rains occured a day before the race to make the track sloppy. Connections didn't want her to run on that for her first start of the year. Big Z certainly would have run otherwise.

I still get amazed when Rachel apologists question Zenyatta's competition. If the Breeder's Cup Classic was so "lousy" and "no competition", why didn't Rachel show up, then there would be no debate. She should have had her way with such a lousy field. Rachel never shyed away from bad competition before. In fact why didn't she show up at Oaklawn this year when $5 million was on the line.
    c'mon btoad,no poly-track for rachel, same as no dirt for zen, they were praying for rain, track wasn't that bad, win or lose she'll be done after saturday (i hope i'm wrong), as for the oaklawn dirt it's the next best thing to poly, look it up

good luck

mproud1

WHY do people keep saying Zenyatta doesn't run on dirt???? If you don't know where Oaklawn is then you shouldn't be posting

zebra58

[quote=mproud1;6608485]WHY do people keep saying Zenyatta doesn't run on dirt???? If you don't know where Oaklawn is then you shouldn't be posting[/quot

just saying they try to avoid the dirt as they should, the oaklawn dirt is very cushiony

good luck today

BarkingToad

c'mon btoad,no poly-track for rachel, same as no dirt for zen, they were praying for rain, track wasn't that bad, win or lose she'll be done after saturday (i hope i'm wrong), as for the oaklawn dirt it's the next best thing to poly, look it up

good luck
    Yeah, unlike Rachel . Now we're knocking Zenyatta because of the type of natural dirt she runs on??

Your surface argument doesn't hold any water, sealed or unsealed. In 2008, Rachel's best race was on the poly track at Keeneland. She only had 1 win in 4 tries on the dirt that year (similar to this year). After that Keeneland race almost 2 years ago, RA's trainer up until the Preakness race, Hal Wiggins, said this about Rachel:

"I was very pleased with her race at Keeneland. You always have a question when they're going back after a two-to-three month layoff, and off of surgery also. I haven't had a lot of really good horses, but she's probably as good a horse as I've ever trained. She does everything right. She's got a good head on her and, right now, she really seems sound."

Does that sound like a horse who would have trouble with the poly track?

zebra58

Yeah, unlike Rachel . Now we're knocking Zenyatta because of the type of natural dirt she runs on??

Your surface argument doesn't hold any water, sealed or unsealed. In 2008, Rachel's best race was on the poly track at Keeneland. She only had 1 win in 4 tries on the dirt that year (similar to this year). After that Keeneland race almost 2 years ago, RA's trainer up until the Preakness race, Hal Wiggins, said this about Rachel:

"I was very pleased with her race at Keeneland. You always have a question when they're going back after a two-to-three month layoff, and off of surgery also. I haven't had a lot of really good horses, but she's probably as good a horse as I've ever trained. She does everything right. She's got a good head on her and, right now, she really seems sound."

Does that sound like a horse who would have trouble with the poly track?
    answer= no, she'd most likely handle any surface, i didn't know she ran on poly at 2, missed it or forgot,, was trying to say jackson would never enter her on poly,, can't blame him,,
    as moss would never enter zenyatta on dirt, don't know why though?