jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

22 Aug - 4 short price sure things.

... all are certain to go down in big fat flames now I've said that ... just for fun - here they are ...

Not playing anything myself today - but will have a few SBR points on these ones if they are anywhere near the morning line ... (which I doubt)

Hoosier - Race 3 - (12.52pm Central) - #3 - Got A Question - Morning Line 5/2 - Win Bet
    Charles Town - Race 4 - (1.12 Central) - #4 - Polish Smile - Morning Line 9/5 - Win Bet
    Charles Town - Race 6 - (2.00 Central Time) - #5 - Go Navy - Morning Line 5/2 - Win Bet
    Emerald Downs - Race 1 - (4.15pm Central) - #3 - Mack's Gold Bullet - Morning Line 2/1 - Win Bet

p.s. I only said sure thing so I could use this .... <<< --- never used that one before ...

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

Hoosier - Race 3 - #3 - Got A Question - Morning Line 5/2 - Win Bet - Scratched
    Charles Town - Race 4 - #4 - Polish Smile - Morning Line 9/5 - Win Bet - Won @ 1.60
    Charles Town - Race 6 - #5 - Go Navy - Morning Line 5/2 - Win Bet - Lost
    Emerald Downs - Race 1 - #3 - Mack's Gold Bullet - Morning Line 2/1 - Win Bet - Won @ 2.40

3 bets - 2 won - profit - 1 point.

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

did 1 dollar pay 1.6?

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

... sure did ....

I can pick 'em can't I?

Sorry I always work to decimal odds.

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

jw;chalk eatin' dogs quite often get nothing to eat but the bone. suggest you try 6-1 odds choices or higher to put meat on the table.
    not only will you have a full belly,but you will be less stressed out trying to win your next 10 or so chalky bets just to get even.
    good luck,
    dugbug15

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dugbug15 View Post
    jw;chalk eatin' dogs quite often get nothing to eat but the bone. suggest you try 6-1 odds choices or higher to put meat on the table.
    not only will you have a full belly,but you will be less stressed out trying to win your next 10 or so chalky bets just to get even.
    good luck,
    dugbug15
    I do quite well following chalk thank you very much.

The key is to not bet into the pools and get set prices before the price tanks ..
    I regularly get 3/2 odds about a horse that goes off at 1/5 ....

As long as you pick and choose your spots - making money with chalk is easy .. especially with fixed odds betting ...

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Quote Originally Posted by jw View Post
    I do quite well following chalk thank you very much.

The key is to not bet into the pools and get set prices before the price tanks ..
    I regularly get 3/2 odds about a horse that goes off at 1/5 ....

As long as you pick and choose your spots - making money with chalk is easy .. especially with fixed odds betting ...
    Where can you bet fixed odds betting?

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

ehorsex for US people ... or betfair/uk sites for everyone else.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

... as an example - Great Aztec - R4 Suffolk ... freely available @ 2.10 on ehorsex ... more than $750 available @ 2.0 + .. starting price was 3/5 ...

.. every dollar you bet on the tote gets you back $1.60 .. using ehorsex - every dollar gets you back $2.10 ... thats a HUGE difference. if you can make 50 cents on the dollar more in each race you bet - you almost can;t lose
    Last edited by jw; 08-23-10 at 01:09 PM.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

... as an example - Great Aztec - R4 Suffolk ... freely available @ 2.10 on ehorsex ... more than $750 available @ 2.0 + .. starting price was 3/5 ...

.. every dollar you bet on the tote gets you back $1.60 .. using ehorsex - every dollar gets you back $2.10 ... thats a HUGE difference. if you can make 50 cents on the dollar more in each race you bet - you almost can;t lose
    That's great I never knew about this, I'm in US, does ehorsex pay?

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Rio DiNero View Post
    That's great I never knew about this, I'm in US, does ehorsex pay?
    Yip - they pay just fine - cash out is expensive though ... $50 or so per withdrawal.
    I don't have nearly as much money here as I do in betfair ...

Couple of negatives ....

They have the occasional "glitch" which seems to take down the system once or twice a month for an hour or two ....
    They don't cover all meetings each day ....
    Liquidity is not always there - especially at the late evening races or at the smaller meetings.
    It's win only - no place or show betting ... no exacta's or anything like that ...
    Once you have "fixed" your price .. you're in - if the odds drift .. you are screwed.
    Betting generally only available 10 mins or so before the race starts ... (whereas with betfair you can bet the day before.)

Despite all of that - fixed odds betting is really the only way for ME to make a decent profit at this ...
    I pick and chose my races very carefully and even then - I only play when the price is right.

Good luck if you decide to try them.

Points Awarded:

Rio DiNero gave jw 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

edit - next @ Finger Lakes ... #2 horse .. I just locked in @ 5.35 .... then some more at 4.85 ... current odds on track 2/1 - I could "sell" my bet now for a small profit ....

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

Yip - they pay just fine - cash out is expensive though ... $50 or so per withdrawal.
    I don't have nearly as much money here as I do in betfair ...

Couple of negatives ....

They have the occasional "glitch" which seems to take down the system once or twice a month for an hour or two ....
    They don't cover all meetings each day ....
    Liquidity is not always there - especially at the late evening races or at the smaller meetings.
    It's win only - no place or show betting ... no exacta's or anything like that ...
    Once you have "fixed" your price .. you're in - if the odds drift .. you are screwed.
    Betting generally only available 10 mins or so before the race starts ... (whereas with betfair you can bet the day before.)

Despite all of that - fixed odds betting is really the only way for ME to make a decent profit at this ...
    I pick and chose my races very carefully and even then - I only play when the price is right.

Good luck if you decide to try them.

Thanks for the review, I'm going to look into it, I too think I can take advantage of this big time!

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Rio DiNero View Post
    Thanks for the review, I'm going to look into it, I too think I can take advantage of this big time!
    Finger Lakes - R 7 - Crafty Mark - tote returned 2.60 for a $1 bet - ehorsex gave me 3.50 ... 90 cents on the dollar better payout ...

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

Saratoga race8 #3 horse

callmejrk1
    callmejrk1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

sure things are always great

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by callmejrk1 View Post
    sure things are always great
    Far from it .. I posted plenty of negatives above ...