mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

WOW! Sorrento at Del Mar Friday

Final Mesa vs Dawnie macho vs AZ Warrior vs Izshelegal vs Belleofthebridle.

What a 2 Yr old field for this one.

u21c3f6
    u21c3f6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5198

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Final Mesa vs Dawnie macho vs AZ Warrior vs Izshelegal vs Belleofthebridle.

What a 2 Yr old field for this one.
    Looks closely matched. Do you have a "favorite"?

Joe.

mikemca
    Update Status

Final Mesa is gonna be favorite.I'll look to play Dawnie Macho to upset or Belleofthebridle at (10-1) for value.See how the tote board looks at post time.

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I feel like Final Mesa is the real deal. He has won at three different tracks, but if you are looking for a price A Z Warrior fits the description. Nicely bred son of Bernardini should be able to handle the extra furlong no problem.

u21c3f6

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Final Mesa is gonna be favorite.I'll look to play Dawnie Macho to upset or Belleofthebridle at (10-1) for value.See how the tote board looks at post time.
    Any concerns about Izshelegal turning the tables on Dawnie Macho?

Joe.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by gtkid911 View Post
    I feel like Final Mesa is the real deal. He has won at three different tracks, but if you are looking for a price A Z Warrior fits the description. Nicely bred son of Bernardini should be able to handle the extra furlong no problem.
    She looks like it but she has never gone past 5 furlongs and today its 6 1/2 furlongs.Not that Mesa isn't a deserving favorite but the are some question marks for those looking to beat her.Plus Mesa has never had to duel with the kinda speed Dawnie Macho has.

Quote Originally Posted by u21c3f6 View Post
    Any concerns about Izshelegal turning the tables on Dawnie Macho? Joe.
    I think Dawnie Macho proved a lot in dueling Belleofthebridle and She'll Heir into the ground last race.I was skeptical after she set the track record at Arlington but she held her speed for 6 furlongs which was very impressive.I don't think Izshelegal will get that kind of pace to run into today.Izshelegal was the beneficiary of that speed duel between those 3 last race.I see Belle and She'll heir smartening up and trying to relax off the pace for this one.While Dawnie/Mesa set comfortable fractions at a distance further than they have ever gone.

u21c3f6

Interesting race. Not exactly to plan but very interesting. Slow start and 4-wide hurt Izshelegal IMO.

Joe.