singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yankee Racing from 30th April - some friendly data

Hi,

Since 30th April, I have been working on a system with some ratings and as I have found this forum to be very friendly and everyone is trying to make sure they point people to winners.

I thought I might share my results so far - be warned I am not using my system until I reach 3 months of data, as I believe that 3 months data will iron out any freak results or trainers going on hot streaks and then followed by cold streaks - so here's the raw data - with some conclusions at the end.

SINCE 30TH APRIL
    SAMPLE SIZE - 1,388 RACES
    WINNERS - 614 = 44.2% STRIKE RATE. However, if I bet on every horse tipped via the ratings - I would have made a LOSS of US$41,470
    PLACE - 895 = 64.5% SR and again a LOSS of US$34,020
    SHOW - 1,048 = 75.5% SR and again a LOSS of US$28,740

Those losses are made via a flat bet of US$200 on every tip on every of the 1,388 races.

Breaking the data down via grade of races:-
    Allowances - 52% strike rate
    Allowances on turf - 38% sr
    Allowance Optional Claimers - 54% sr
    Allowance Optional Claimers on turf - 38%sr
    Claimers - 48%sr
    Claimers on turf - 38%sr
    Maiden Claimers - 42%sr
    Maiden Claimers on turf - 33%sr
    Maiden Special Weights - 44%sr
    Maiden Special Weights on turf - 36%sr
    Stakes races - 55%sr
    Stakes races on turf - 58%sr
    Starter Allowances - 67%sr

Therefore, we can conclude if any donut just blindly bets with no analysis - you will LOSE a shed load of money.

However, when you break down what kind of races to bet on - if you bet on races with above 50% strike rate - you should with a good betting system - even a martingale system - you should be able to win money just focusing on certain types of races like Allowances, Allowance Optional Claimers, Stakes races on dirt & turf, Starter Allowances and at 48% and being the main bedrock of American racing - a martingale system may work on Claimers on dirt as well.

As I say, I am only 2/3 way through my research and I have not put a cent on these selections, as I truly believe that a good 3 months of research is a good foundation before risking any money.

I hope this data helps someone stay away from some "burning money" races like Allowances, Claimers & Maiden Claimers on turf.

I always believe if your research is correct - your winners will come - what I am worried about is the losers -if you can cut out as many losers as you can - your bottom line will always look better.

Once, I am finished with my 3 months project - I will come back again.

Don't want to waste anyone's time with weekly updates - that don't really reflect anything.

Happy punting

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

thanks for the information singooner and yes you will go broke if you bet every race. you have to pick your spots wisely to come out ahead in this game

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Find it curios that starter allowance races do so well and claimers so poorly, being as eligibility for the starters are driven by running in claimers usually within the last 6 months to 1 year.Most times when or if a starter race does not fill, those horses are entered in claiming races as a fall back plan.Same type of horses with a vastly different result.Time will tell.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Is the data from the US?

singgooner

Yes, the data is restrictly on Yankee Racing at the top A & B tracks.

I guess when my 3 months is up and I can do really good drill down on the stats to help bettors avoid certain races and surfaces.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

If you can get track condition stats too ... i'd take a close look at any track that is listed as "muddy or "sloppy"

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Quote Originally Posted by jw View Post
    If you can get track condition stats too ... i'd take a close look at any track that is listed as "muddy or "sloppy"
    This is a very good point. They're are so many unique advantages to playing a sloppy or muddy track.
    Case in point would be your April 30th Churchill results.Many solid advantages from that days card.

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

21 more days to saratoga

singgooner

I have been thinking about drilling down on these stats and I have been breaking the stats down by grade and track.

So, the filters are like this
    Claimer - type of race
    3yo+ - age of race
    5f - distance of race
    fast - track surface

I have been tracking this from 1st June - so let me get 3 months of data on this and it should be interesting, as I might be able to answer the questions posted above

Happy punting