dollarbill
    dollarbill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1278

Harness loses to Thoroughbred

Rosecroft to close on July 1

Return HomeJune 16, 2010Send To A Friend | Print View

Officials at Rosecroft Raceway have told its horsemen that the track will close on July 1. In a memo sent by Cloverleaf Enterprises Inc. president Kelley Rogers, it was noted that “our long struggle is finally over and we have come to an end. Unfortunately, despite all of our best efforts we could not escape the unreasonable demands of the Thoroughbred industry and they have succeeded in putting us out of business…their goal finally accomplished.
    “There is no doubt the domination of the Thoroughbred interests on the MRC (Maryland Racing Commission) have played a large role in our death. Their conflicts and behavior are disappointing and beyond description but it is how it is.”
    Rogers noted the backstretch must be vacated by June 28, with the track’s last day of operation on July 1.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

just another reason i hate thoroughbred racing

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Its not as if there aren't other harness tracks on the east coast. Its healthier in the long run for some of these tracks to close. Sad but True.

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow am I going to miss this track, one of my favorites throughout the years... This one is gone, along with Garden State closing.. just sad

Gunpher
    Gunpher's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love harness racing and it is sad to see any track have to close.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

i can't imagine anyone missing roachcroft. inferior horses and drivers will have to go elsewhere if anyone will take them. maryland racing on decline for years best for all if pim laurel ocean close also. why they don't allow slots is mind boggling since all the state around them have.