imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

imgv Breeders Cup Selections

One of my favorite days of the year :aktion033:aktion033

Had a few buddies over tonight and they brought their forms and we discussed the races..

Race 4:
    Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (G1)

1st: #5 Irish Smoke **8-1 ML** **BEST BET**
    2nd: #10 Proud Spell
    3rd: #4 Indian Blessing

Irish Smoke went off as the favorite last time against a lot of these. She ran 10th but I'm going to forgive her for it. Proud Spell could be anything a lot of upside with this one. Indian Blessing is an obvious contender.

5th
    Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (G1)

1st: #7 Pyro
    2nd: #10 Tale of Exati
    3rd: #2 War Pass

6th
    Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (G1)

1st: #11 Simply Perfect **15-1 ML**
    2nd: #2 Honey Ryder
    3rd: #3 Nashoba's Key & #4 Passage of Time

Weak field and I think the invading Simply Perfect is the horse. Honey Ryder has a lot of class almost beat English Channel who is a male horse. Nashoba's Key is a great horse but the distance scares me. Passage Of Time is a contender as well.

7th
    TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (G1)

1st: Midnight Lute
    2nd: Smokey Stover
    3rd: Greg's Gold

Hate to go with the two favorites in a race but they stand out. Midnight Lute appears like he will get the perfect trip and I love routers than turn into sprinters. Smokey Stover is a freak and should be right there in the thick of things as well. Greg's Gold has a nice cozy post that should suit his style as well. I think Greg's Gold will definitely be in the Money.

8th
    NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (G1)

1st: #3 After Market
    2nd: #13 Excellent Art
    3rd: #6 Trippi's Storm

Weak field here and After Market appears to be the best. Nice post considering top contenders #13 and #14 have horrible posts. After Market is for real and if he takes to the track he should be right there. Excellent Art looks like a classy importer but hate the post, still an obvious contender. #6 Trippi's Storm seems like the forgotten horse here. 8-1 is a nice price on her but I think she will go off at closer to 6-1.

9th
    Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (G1)

1st: #11 Unbridled Belle
    2nd: #4 Ginger Punch
    3rd: #10 Indian Vale and #12 Hystericalday

10th
    John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (G1)

1st: #7 Dylan Thomas ** MOST PROBABLE WINNER**
    2nd: #6 English Channel
    3rd: #3 Better Talk Now

Dylan Thomas is a standout here, won the Arc and there isn't much competition here. English Channel is a nice consistent horse but nothing to write home about. Better Talk Now is an pro who won this race three years ago. Really nothing in this race but the top two.

11th
    Breeders' Cup Classic Powered by Dodge (G1)

Impossible to race to handicap. LOL

1st: Lawyer Ron
    2nd: Any Given Saturday
    3rd: Curlin and Hard Spun

Lawyer Ron is a 4yr old and that is my main reason for liking him. Any Given Saturday beat Curlin and Hard Spun by five lengths and that can't be ignored.No one is talking about Hard Spun, but he can win this one. Tough race that I'm going to bet small and just enjoy. We have SIX very good horses here. Very good field.

Curlin is bred for the slop and will probably love it out there.

With all the rain and stuff I'll be lucky to pick one or two winners. I'm sure there will be some longshots winning..

Good Luck everyone

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Just one comment about one horse.

The trainer of After Market says his horse can't handle the soft going and will probably keep him in because it's the Breeder's Cup, otherwise he'd scratch him ... He may anyway.

The only "soft" turf race I see in my lines for him is 9/9/06 where he finished last (10th) beaten by 39 lengths as the even $ favorite ... Just based on the trainers comments, I'd say he'd be looking for a miracle from his horse ... He was my original pick but I'm looking elsewhere.

imgv94

Thanks for letting me know. I somehow missed those comments...

BTW I didn't really like the race that much but after reading those comments I'm probably going to bet small if anything.

Thanks a lot.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Some good looking picks there, but I really like Street Sense in the Classic.

imgv94

Classic is a crap shoot. I think any of the TOP SIX has a great chance..

I'm more suprised on how you came up with one horse in this contentious race. GL

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

My Winner Predictions:

Today's Breeders Cup picks:

4. Indian Blessing

5. Tale of Ekati

6. Passage of Time

7. Smokey Stover

8. Jeremy

9. Ginger Punch

10. Dylan Thomas

11, Curlin

Good luck everybody!

imgv94

I like all your picks sir.

I've been betting the Breeders Cup for over 15 years and I've maybe had two or three winning days. LOL

imgv94

Good job on the info kd m abt After Market..