kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Saratoga Thursday

Race 8 G2

Can someone explain to me why #7 Wait A While is 2/1 ML and #3 My Typhoon is 5/2 ML? ... My Typhoon beat Wait A While the last 2 times they met easily, granted 1 of them was off the turf ... My Typhoon wins this race with Wait A While off the board ... #2 Vacare 2nd, #1 Meribel 3rd.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Linemaker simply giving too much credit to Wait a While off her form last season. I don't think she'll be favored here against My Typhoon, who just won the Diana at 1 1/8 and now cuts back to her best distance. I agree she wins here, but she's not the type of filly that wins by daylight but she's a game as they come. I think that's why she hasn't been favored in most of her starts.

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox View Post
    Race 8 G2

Can someone explain to me why #7 Wait A While is 2/1 ML and #3 My Typhoon is 5/2 ML? ... My Typhoon beat Wait A While the last 2 times they met easily, granted 1 of them was off the turf ... My Typhoon wins this race with Wait A While off the board ... #2 Vacare 2nd, #1 Meribel 3rd.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox View Post
    Race 8 G2

I didn't see the race but pretty funny ... My Typhoon who I picked to win is off the board while the horse I say will be off the board wins ... My 2nd and 3rd choice finish exactly that way ... Bottom line is I get squadooooosh.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

This might set up My Typhoon to bounce back at Belmont at a bigger price, but the race didn't set up well once they broke.

Three speed horses went to the front, with Typhoon sitting fourth. Castro tried to push her to lead rounding the turn but she didn't respond. She also took a bad step at the top of the lane once Wait a While surged past. Didn't matter since she was beat.

My Typhoon needs the race to set up for her, and her usual gate speed puts her in perfect position most of the time. She just can't pass 3 or 4 horses in the stretch like others, that's why she doesn't get much respect although I was surprised she was a clear favorite today. Thought she'd be like 9-5 with Wait a While 2-1.