Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13899

Travers 2023

Hey gang, I am having a group over for the races Saturday. We are going to eat some ribs and bet the ponies. This race has a small field but as I am sure you know the quality very good. Now, I may take a shot here. Tapit Trice is getting blinkers. I know he has burned a bunch of cash but if he is over the ML of 12-1 I am seriously thinking about a wager on him. Tell me what you guys think about the race. I am waiting on the PPs!!!!

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2069

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    Hey gang, I am having a group over for the races Saturday. We are going to eat some ribs and bet the ponies. This race has a small field but as I am sure you know the quality very good. Now, I may take a shot here. Tapit Trice is getting blinkers. I know he has burned a bunch of cash but if he is over the ML of 12-1 I am seriously thinking about a wager on him. Tell me what you guys think about the race. I am waiting on the PPs!!!!
    Per your request Mr. Razorback, will get back 2U Thursday AM on this matter.

I would hate to see a ribfest not be a success.

BOA12

Just fired up Saturday's PP's PPen.

5:11 CST

R12 #2 Arcangelo 5/2
    Last edited by BOA12; 08-24-23 at 08:54 AM.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post

R12 #2 Arcangelo 5/2
    Okay Banker looking forward to your picks. I scanned the card and should not complain but some of those stakes races look chalky with small fields. I live in the central time zone so it starts early. Maybe we can fish out some winners early and coast home. GL!!!!!!

BOA12

Okay Banker looking forward to your picks. I scanned the card and should not complain but some of those stakes races look chalky with small fields. I live in the central time zone so it starts early. Maybe we can fish out some winners early and coast home. GL!!!!!!
    I'm with you hunting/fishing for winners & RIBS off the grill, I'm jealous. Capped entire card, post shortly.

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12058

7 horses, sheesh. Is it me or are the marquee races not getting as many entries?

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by Jellymancan View Post
    7 horses, sheesh. Is it me or are the marquee races not getting as many entries?
    This isn't our father's Stake/G1 races anymore Jelly.

$$$ more important than the Sport, obvious this Triple Crown Season.

Tradition be damned, $$$ rules, by God.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4548

Travers 1 1/4 DRF Race of the Day, the experts at DRF (Dan & Mike) both picked the 6- Disarm. He has racked up 3 consecutive triple digits Beyer. The last two came on sloppy tracks.... Interesting to see what the track condition will be on Saturday. Some rain in the forecast for tomorrow and some on Saturday... At ML 8-1, I guess that's worth a shot... Irad is sticking with Forte, makes sense. Jose Ortiz will be riding Tapit Trice for the first time. As of now, I like the 7- Scotland (ML 12-1); he is very versatile, can win on the front, can track, and can close. Had a bullet work out of 69 on 8/20, don't see that too often for Bill Mott's horses. He will be stepping way up in class, I am expecting his odds will go up. I think worth a shot.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Travers 1 1/4 DRF Race of the Day, the experts at DRF (Dan & Mike) both picked the 6- Disarm. He has racked up 3 consecutive triple digits Beyer. The last two came on sloppy tracks.... Interesting to see what the track condition will be on Saturday. Some rain in the forecast for tomorrow and some on Saturday... At ML 8-1, I guess that's worth a shot... Irad is sticking with Forte, makes sense. Jose Ortiz will be riding Tapit Trice for the first time. As of now, I like the 7- Scotland (ML 12-1); he is very versatile, can win on the front, can track, and can close. Had a bullet work out of 69 on 8/20, don't see that too often for Bill Mott's horses. He will be stepping way up in class, I am expecting his odds will go up. I think worth a shot.

I think you could be on to something. Going back to look at his last race (Scotland) I see an improving 3yo and that is dangerous, he will be a square price. I will make him beat me as there are some heavyweights in here here. I see a 20¢ Pic 6 with the first leg being race 9 today. I may throw a couple dollars on it and try to catch a price. GL!!!!

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9524

4 mage (4-1)

his race in the florida derby positionally (run line) reminds me
    of his last .. not only last 2 calls but during the course of the race relative to the field size ..returned in 5 weeks then (like this time) to win the derby and again is going 9f to 10f..possibly compromised by the slow pace and quick return of the preakness and maybe lost a few lengths on the turn in the haskell..also you mentioned pp that you heard connections said they were aiming for the travers with the haskell and he might be a little short for the latter .. in very little time he was thrown in with the wolves and thrived..maybe a little value to be had with forte and arcangelo garnering a lot of support

castellano opts for arcangelo but saez is a better rider than him at the meet and overall.. he also rode mage in the florida derby

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    4 mage (4-1)

his race in the florida derby positionally (run line) reminds me
    of his last .. not only last 2 calls but during the course of the race relative to the field size ..returned in 5 weeks then (like this time) to win the derby and again is going 9f to 10f..possibly compromised by the slow pace and quick return of the preakness and maybe lost a few lengths on the turn in the haskell..also you mentioned pp that you heard connections said they were aiming for the travers with the haskell and he might be a little short for the latter .. in very little time he was thrown in with the wolves and thrived..maybe a little value to be had with forte and arcangelo garnering a lot of support

castellano opts for arcangelo but saez is a better rider than him at the meet and overall.. he also rode mage in the florida derby

Mage finally defeats Forte, BOL J.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Mage finally defeats Forte, BOL J.
    thanks b o a ..when they met ,without considering anything else, it was forte's 6th and 7th career starts and mage's 2nd and 3rd .. that's a big experience edge which is no longer an issue now

BOA12

thanks b o a ..when they met ,without considering anything else, it was forte's 6th and 7th career starts and mage's 2nd and 3rd .. that's a big experience edge which is no longer an issue now
    Ten4.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Saez is out. Prat has the mount on Mage.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Here is my tiny G1 pic 6 ticket starting with the PE this afternoon:

5,6/2/2/2,6/1,4

For $1; total wager $8

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Hope you guy post a ticket. 20¢ minimum.

ConleyPicks
    Capping NCAAF/NFL/NCAAB/MLB
    ConleyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5278

Guys best of luck to all playing tomorrow's BIG card!

If you guys want my tipsheet for tomorrow hit me up with your email and I'll send it to you.

Let's have ourselves a SPA LIKE day tomorrow and hit some big prices. I do have some upsets so we will see how that goes

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Here is my tiny G1 pic 6 ticket starting with the PE this afternoon:

5,6/2/2/2,6/1,4

For $1; total wager $8
    Good luck, I'm bantering with BOA12 on the other thread, and I made a new one, but something here made that a dead link. Hmm

I'll be playing the late P6 and P5.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

R12 #2 Arcangelo 5/2
    good call

BOA12

good call
    Thank you sir.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3400

good going BOA12

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    good going BOA12
    Thanks EZ.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4548

Nice hit BkofAma

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12058

Ditto, b.o.a. Glad to see the horse win and trainer add to her legacy.

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Nice hit BkofAma
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellymancan View Post
    Ditto, b.o.a. Glad to see the horse win and trainer add to her legacy.

Thanks guys, was a "Luck Of The Irish Day" 4me.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Nice pick Banker!!!! I did not get back and post my pick. I was trying to entertain the gang here at the house. I played Tapit Trice to win hoping the blinkers would do the trick.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68593

Nice job B-12.
    Your pick ran a great race.

BOA12

Nice pick Banker!!!! I did not get back and post my pick. I was trying to entertain the gang here at the house. I played Tapit Trice to win hoping the blinkers would do the trick.
    The host with most, I toast.

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Nice job B-12.
    Your pick ran a great race.
    The form give-iths, the form take-iths. In a giving mood Saturday, not Sunday.

Thanks brother's who are horse lovers.