batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10173

Del Mar .... better than Saratoga..... not even close

Year after year off tracks and cancellations at Saratoga... getting old.... Del Mar is a better racing environment... for both our equine friends and us!

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3400

both are premiere. see your point about the weather up at the SPA. just one of those things you have to deal with. BUT will SAY NYRA the best circuit in USA IMO. GL.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4548

Yeah, I used to play only Southern Cal tracks (back when Hollywood Park was still here); now Santa Anita had gone down hill quite a bit with small field sizes and speed and favorites tend to win too often. Del Mar has picked it up recently, no doubt about that. I do like NYRA, used to play some Gulfstream too. Just don't like the winter time for NYRA... too many cancels....

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10173

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Yeah, I used to play only Southern Cal tracks (back when Hollywood Park was still here); now Santa Anita had gone down hill quite a bit with small field sizes and speed and favorites tend to win too often. Del Mar has picked it up recently, no doubt about that. I do like NYRA, used to play some Gulfstream too. Just don't like the winter time for NYRA... too many cancels....
    not only winter but summer at the spa.... I'm glad that I spend my money and time at Del mar and snicker at the fools who get rained out and off tracks at the spa..... just saying....

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4548

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    not only winter but summer at the spa.... I'm glad that I spend my money and time at Del mar and snicker at the fools who get rained out and off tracks at the spa..... just saying....
    Yeah, winter times I usually don't even bother looking at NYRA; for SPA, I look at the forecast before I even buy the form; try not to waste my time and money..

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Wanna do a day at Saratoga then hit a few at Vernon for a double track day sometime this meet…been threatening for years so it probably won’t happen but it’s nice to think about…