ConleyPicks
    Capping NCAAF/NFL/NCAAB/MLB
    ConleyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5278

Japanese Horse Racing newspaper question?

I have seen in Japanese horse racing handicapping videos that horseplayers in Japan have numerous newspapers and a lot of them have symbols like this ⭗⭘▲△✕ so wondering if that is some sort of tip like one symbol is better than the other etc?

Have not had the best of luck either with that or finding what the names are of the newspapers they sell (and finding a copy) so if there is anyone that can help me that would be appreciated

Thanks

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3400

Interesting inquiry Conley. Good luck in finding an answer

ConleyPicks

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Interesting inquiry Conley. Good luck in finding an answer
    Thank you I hope so too!

I would like to go to Japan for a big racing day but right now I will have to sit tight lol

Quick question and don't want to offend you but who is your picture below your name? Sorry

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by ConleyPicks View Post
    Thank you I hope so too!

I would like to go to Japan for a big racing day but right now I will have to sit tight lol

Quick question and don't want to offend you but who is your picture below your name? Sorry
    no worries. That's a good friend of mine. She is my gambling buddy. She loves the Cowboys and dislikes Carolina Panthers and I am the opposite so we are usually betting those teams.

ConleyPicks

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    no worries. That's a good friend of mine. She is my gambling buddy. She loves the Cowboys and dislikes Carolina Panthers and I am the opposite so we are usually betting those teams.
    Cool just wanted to be safe and sure (plus not to upset) if it were someone who had passed away that you put as the picture

Thanks

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by ConleyPicks View Post
    Cool just wanted to be safe and sure (plus not to upset) if it were someone who had passed away that you put as the picture

Thanks

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5832

so since I am a big fan and find the racing in Japan and Hong Kong esp fasinating esp with the transperancy and such high ethical standards.

Those symbols are words for things like excelent or best when you see ⭗ so a favorite horse may have this next to him.

I will also add that the Hong Kong-Japan ML maker is the worst ever. I see 50-1 shots bet down to 8/5 and romp often. Crazy. Great tool is UK odds checker which shows all the exchange prices on the Hong Kong races so you have an idea who the true favorites are

ConleyPicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    so since I am a big fan and find the racing in Japan and Hong Kong esp fasinating esp with the transperancy and such high ethical standards.

Those symbols are words for things like excelent or best when you see ⭗ so a favorite horse may have this next to him.

I will also add that the Hong Kong-Japan ML maker is the worst ever. I see 50-1 shots bet down to 8/5 and romp often. Crazy. Great tool is UK odds checker which shows all the exchange prices on the Hong Kong races so you have an idea who the true favorites are
    Ok that might be thank you

Need to see if anyone else has been to Japan (either recently or past) and have bought a newspaper

And yes I can absolutely be 100% in agreement with you on the morning line odds maker for Hong Kong though because like what you said there would be a 50-1 shot and it goes off as the 5/2 favourite not always but in most cases it has been

Sorry to JBEX and everyone who wanted me to do my Hong Kong selections this year as I don't think I will be able to do it with working almost every day and keeping track of NFL/NCAAB/NCAAF picks