JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9524

travers day

saratoga

R1 #2b gunman (6-1)
    R1 #5 compliant (7-2) klaravich

other half of the entry will probably go and not helpless either.. never thought I'd bet todd (2b) and chad in the same race in a small field but that's how good this maiden special race is.. no surprise on the undercard on travers day.. this race has the talent level of an advanced allowance race at a smaller track

R2 #5 american lincoln (15-1)

really not bad on paper at all and exits some very fast races.. last race he ran here on a fast track last year could win this.. connections get you this price.. definitely worthwhile at a big number

R3 #3 risky mischief (4-1) full
    R3 #6 canarsie angel (12-1) half

wimping out a little here but really like both

R4 #5 hieroglyphics (7-5)

unusual conditions for this track clm n1y 2020 but fit this horse like a glove.. level makes sense and one of the hottest trainer/jock combos at the track (maker/jose)

R5 #2 american gentleman (10-1)

both todd and chad have expensive firsters by into mischief who right now imo is the best sire for class and speed there is.. I'll go with this ray handal 2nd time starter by "american pharoah".. expensive himself, got some good experience on the turf last out (and doesn't give things away in the pp's).. trainer having a great meet and wouldn't be shocked if they had this race in mind (travers undercard) in the first place

R6 #6 mystical man (8-1)

2yo msw 2 turns grass.. while not ultra-expensive this one definitely qualifies as a "relative to the specs horse".. excellent trainer jock combo..this is a killer field with many expensive, big pedigree horses including chad with #1 secret potion (5-2).. take a half unit hedge with him

R7 #7 come dancing (3-1)

outside post and can sit off what figures to be a brutal pace.. one turn, extended sprints and home cooking seems to be this horses best game

R8 #5 pure sensation (3-1)

9yo off about a 7 month layoff last race and was close to a ridiculously fast pace vs grade 1 competition.. this a much easier spot and horse loves it up here

R9 #7 fools gold (5-1)

have a hunch he'll be a lot tighter 2nd off the long layoff.. 2 races back wins this race.. castellano back aboard

R10 #3 mrs danvers (8-1)

a reach but here's why..

what she did here last year..
    big pedigree..
    potential pace battle of 2 favorites #5 gamine (3-5)and #6 venetian harbor (8-5)
    respect for shug to put her here

R11 travers

#8 south bend (15-1)

what he did in kentucky on fast tracks as a 2yo..
    looks like another furlong wouldn't have hurt him last race in ohio derby..
    why dismiss that race..figure on brisnet competitive except for ttl.. reason you'll get a good price

#2 country grammer (6-1)

another situation where I'll extend expensive for the specs.. got 1 1/8 as a 2yo.. won last race at this track @ 1 1/8 and that race is normally run at belmont.. understand a furlong farther today but if you're going to get a feel next best thing.. potential to sit a nice stalking trip off uncle chuck and caracaro.. chad thinks enough to try it.. irad and other jose

ellis

R9 #6 irrepressible (9-2)

thistle down

R10 #2 forewarned (4-1)

a statebred stakes race at 1 1/4 miles..should be lower

Last edited by JBEX; 08-08-20 at 03:04 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

through 8.. 4 to go

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2069

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    through 8.. 4 to go
    Card huge. Glad I did it yesterday J. got lucky late to break even. Regroup Saturday 4ME. Bol As always.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    Card huge. Glad I did it yesterday J. got lucky late to break even. Regroup Saturday 4ME. Bol As always.

glad you got even.. yeah I still got the last 4 to work on.. wasn't impressed with the travers at a glance a few days ago.. look at it again.. bol to you also!

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

finished.. passing R12

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

added ellis 9

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

added a statebred stakes race from thistledown