JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9488

have a strong opinion on 2 horses and will put it up with write-up thursday

any opinions feel free to post in here
    Last edited by JBEX; 06-03-19 at 10:59 AM.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

[QUOTE=JBEX;28673653]have a strong opinion on 2 horses and will put it up with write-up thursday

ive never been big chalk guy but tacitus looks awfully tough here....with wow in race and maybe Baffert maybe he goes off at 2/1 which would be gift since I think he should be 6/5.....very weak field and I hear your horse tax may not run not training well

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

[QUOTE=littlekona;28674196]
    Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    have a strong opinion on 2 horses and will put it up with write-up thursday

ive never been big chalk guy but tacitus looks awfully tough here....with wow in race and maybe Baffert maybe he goes off at 2/1 which would be gift since I think he should be 6/5.....very weak field and I hear your horse tax may not run not training well

don't want to tip my cap yet.. yours many obvious positives.. pedigree huge, not only tapit on top (3 belmont winners) but how good a horse the dam was.. still factors in to me even though we're well into his career.. my biggest knock would be 2 and 3 back he was the benefactor of two very fast paces and generally speaking I don't like closing middle distance horses in the belmont especially at short odds.. think tacitus will be a big horse down the road but like to try and beat him here

littlekona

[QUOTE=JBEX;28674398]
    Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post

don't want to tip my cap yet.. yours many obvious positives.. pedigree huge, not only tapit on top (3 belmont winners) but how good a horse the dam was.. still factors in to me even though we're well into his career.. my biggest knock would be 2 and 3 back he was the benefactor of two very fast paces and generally speaking I don't like closing middle distance horses in the belmont especially at short odds.. think tacitus will be a big horse down the road but like to try and beat him here
    Id bet he’s closer to pace stretching out...you are right so many people think a closer stretching out is a beneficial when many times it just dulls the closing kick....I like speed going long more then closers on dirt but this is weak field for grade 1 triple Crown race

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

[QUOTE=littlekona;28674437]

Id bet he’s closer to pace stretching out...you are right so many people think a closer stretching out is a beneficial when many times it just dulls the closing kick....I like speed going long more then closers on dirt but this is weak field for grade 1 triple Crown race

he will definitely be closer to the pace this time..still don't like the fact that that's the way he's had to run of late even though he's more than likely capable of being closer to the front.. guess bottom line is I think there's enough good things going on with the others that I don't want him at a short price.. could see a mediocre effort here, rest up for saratoga and run big there

littlekona

The card is probably top 3 behind breeders cup and preview day...they have a new wager 20 cent base pick 6 which is awsome...my fav triple crown day

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

The card is probably top 3 behind breeders cup and preview day...they have a new wager 20 cent base pick 6 which is awsome...my fav triple crown day

yes it's the best of the 3 by far..

thursday ..3 stakes
    friday.. 5 stakes
    saturday...10 stakes

it's a stakehouse

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

First gut vibe without looking over field was Tacitus. But if he is the chalk will be looking to beat. Or maybe key a shot underneath. GL.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    First gut vibe without looking over field was Tacitus. But if he is the chalk will be looking to beat. Or maybe key a shot underneath. GL.

belmont's got a long history of prices (as you probably know) other than the last few years.. tipped my cap a bit in littlekona's thread which I posted in yesterday.. one other interests me also so see what happens.. no rush to post it now

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Anyone have the DRF Belmont card for Saturday? Thanks.

Easy-Rider 66

belmont's got a long history of prices (as you probably know) other than the last few years.. tipped my cap a bit in littlekona's thread which I posted in yesterday.. one other interests me also so see what happens.. no rush to post it now
    OK will wait for draw and look over by FRi. Interested to see what other horse you like. Probably will be a shot I would guess.

Easy-Rider 66

1 Joevia, Gregory Sacco, Jose Lezcano, 30-1
    2 Everfast, Dale Romans, Luis Saez, 12-1
    3 Master Fencer, Koichi Tsunoda, Julien Leparoux, 8-1
    4 Tax, Danny Gargan, Irad Ortiz Jr., 15-1
    5 Bourbon War, Mark Hennig, Mike Smith, 12-1
    6 Spinoff, Todd Pletcher, Javier Castellano, 15-1
    7 Sir Winston, Mark Casse, Joel Rosario, 12-1
    8 Intrepid Heart, Todd Pletcher, John Velazquez, 10-1
    9 War of Will, Mark Casse, Tyler Gaffalione, 2-1
    10 Tacitus, Bill Mott, Jose Ortiz, 9-5

littlekona

I’d like you guys to put together a sbr horse player festival pic 6 ticket....that’s a interesting wager as it’s a 20 cent base I believe and will have nice pool w mandatory payout

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

I’d like you guys to put together a sbr horse player festival pic 6 ticket....that’s a interesting wager as it’s a 20 cent base I believe and will have nice pool w mandatory payout

nice bet

https://www.paulickreport.com/horsep...grade-1-races/

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

#8 intrepid heart (10-1)

$750k auction..

by tapit sire of 3 belmont winners and 2nd most expensive stallion in north america..there are two others* (tacitus and bourbon war) but glad he's one of them)

dam sire won the belmont...
    63% sibling commissioner just missed winning it about 5 years ago

exits peter pan at belmont (grade 3)where the winner's brisnet final figure was at grade 1 level and avg pace 1st 2 calls was about 1-2 lengths faster than a grade 1 race.think the even run behind in this race might set him up nicely for the 3 furlong stretchout

should be a fresh horse with light schedule coming in

#4 tax (15-1).. hoof issue appears to be resolved as of yesterday

always willing to forgive a bad derby especially on a sloppy track from an inside post.. ran fairly evenly mid pack to the stretch call and then faded to finish 15th..3 races prior to that all triple digit brisnet figures at at 1 1/8 miles and the last two were vs very solid paces..the lengths he was off the pace in the wood memorial put his pace figures at about par for that level.. very fast pace that race.. even running vs $30k maidens his first race impressed me as it was in a sprint and he did it on the front end (2nd by a half length) .. I say this because by sire and dam sire he's got an extreme stamina pedigree and like he was able to be close up right off the bat.. followed that up with a win at keeneland at a mile but they made the mistake of putting him in for a tag (claiborne farm) and lost him.. gargan a solid ny trainer but not nationally known.. irad ortiz aboard never hurts.. think there's a lot of positives for the odds
    Last edited by JBEX; 06-08-19 at 06:10 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

added other horse

when I say 63% sibling on intrepid heart I mean this.. if it was the sire's sire it would be a 3/4 sibling.. in this case it's the grand sire (ap indy) who's the sire of the other sibling so splitting the difference between half and 3/4
    Last edited by JBEX; 06-08-19 at 06:17 AM.

Easy-Rider 66

Like you wrote Tax ran 3 100+ figures in a row by the Brisnets. Best run in the field. What are your thoughts on Spinoff?
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 06-08-19 at 07:13 AM.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I played Tax a little in the Derby because his Wood was solid. Might be worth a look to bounce back on dry track.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Like you wrote Tax ran 3 100+ figures in a row by the Brisnets. Best run in the field. What are your thoughts on Spinoff?