JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9500

small track maidens and stakes

trying to find a combo that works as far as emphasizing some picks and secondary for others..these two make sense for that..there's only so many stakes (all tracks) anyway..these types would represent smaller bets for me

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 66428

Possible Racing rarity next Monday (7/30) at Louisiana Downs if both start, as twin three year old fillies are entered together to make their debuts in 7th race Sweet Milagros & Mean Mireya

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Getch13 View Post
    Possible Racing rarity next Monday (7/30) at Louisiana Downs if both start, as twin three year old fillies are entered together to make their debuts in 7th race Sweet Milagros & Mean Mireya
    wow never seen that..gonna put that down on my calender and look up the pedigree now

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    wow never seen that..gonna put that down on my calender and look up the pedigree now
    dam sweet paprika was a winner and has had 2 foals with 1 runner...that one was 1/39..that doesn't take away from this though. .will be watching for sure thanks

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO

Thank you as well JB you seem to share a lot. Keep the winners coming.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Thank you as well JB you seem to share a lot. Keep the winners coming.
    hopefully sticking to maidens will improve things..feel most comfortable with these tyes of races

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

parx

R7 #10 jaywalk (1-1)

just an incredible mismatch and could see a minus show pool here ..servis ran 2nd with him in mth debut and 9k extra purse money here..horse is based here at parx

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO

parx

R7 #10 jaywalk (1-1)

just an incredible mismatch and could see a minus show pool here ..servis ran 2nd with him in mth debut and 9k extra purse money here..horse is based here at parx
    Have him in my late pick 3 BOL today JB

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Have him in my late pick 3 BOL today JB
    thanks getch. .not participating today but just curious if he will attract jumpers..gl to you

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

parx

R7 #10 jaywalk (1-1)

No win situation here. If the #10 wins at 1/5 No big deal. If he loses Well?
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 07-24-18 at 01:37 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    No win situation here. If the #10 wins at 1/5 No big deal. If he loses Well?

I just like to take a crack if they'll be a minus pool when a real dominating horse runs.. should have been more clear about that

Easy-Rider 66

I just like to take a crack if they'll be a minus pool when a real dominating horse runs.. should have been more clear about that
    OK no worries. 1/2 right now 15 minutes out. See what happens.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

4/5 1 mtp . 13k win pool and no minus show pool.. see what final numbers are

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

4/5 1 mtp . 13k win pool and no minus show pool.. see what final numbers are

won by open lengths at 2/5 but no minus pool

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

saratoga

R8 alfred g vanderbilt grade I

#
    2 petrov (20-1)

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

R10 jim dandy gII

#3 reride (12-1)

think the even run not far off the pace on the turf will have him nice and tight for this..also like that he had to break from the 12 post and the pace was about 5-6 lengths faster than par..well bred being a winchell (big operation) homebred
    by a major sire out of a stakes winning dam who has produce 2 winners from as many starters including a stakes winner..reason I say this at this point is this horse isn't some fluke and was expected to be good..won first 2 starts as a 2yo..one at 4.5f and then rested comes back to win at a mile on the turf in october

most importantly the sunland race 3 back pace and final figure are as good as anyone in here.. if you eliminate the very fast pace vino rosso closed into in the wood memorial and the belmont's kind of a freak race to begin with (other top figure)

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

R10 jim dandy gII

#3 reride (12-1)

think the even run not far off the pace on the turf will have him nice and tight for this..also like that he had to break from the 12 post and the pace was about 5-6 lengths faster than par..well bred being a winchell (big operation) homebred
    by a major sire out of a stakes winning dam who has produce 2 winners from as many starters including a stakes winner..reason I say this at this point is this horse isn't some fluke and was expected to be good..won first 2 starts as a 2yo..one at 4.5f and then rested comes back to win at a mile on the turf in october

most importantly the sunland race 3 back pace and final figure are as good as anyone in here.. if you eliminate the very fast pace vino rosso closed into in the wood memorial and the belmont's kind of a freak race to begin with (other top figure)
    JBEX, just curious about the 3’s figures at Sunland. When I looked at the DRF form, he is just way slower. He earned a 91 Beyer but his time was slow for this level. But Brisnet says he has the same figures? He was a toss for me then I saw your pick. I added him to my ltrifecta. Interesting that Brisnet gave him high numbers.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    jbex, just curious about the 3’s figures at sunland. When i looked at the drf form, he is just way slower. He earned a 91 beyer but his time was slow for this level. But brisnet says he has the same figures? He was a toss for me then i saw your pick. I added him to my ltrifecta. Interesting that brisnet gave him high numbers.
    bump

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

JBEX, just curious about the 3’s figures at Sunland. When I looked at the DRF form, he is just way slower. He earned a 91 Beyer but his time was slow for this level. But Brisnet says he has the same figures? He was a toss for me then I saw your pick. I added him to my ltrifecta. Interesting that Brisnet gave him high numbers.
    his numbers on the brisnet's for that race were very fast.. pace and final time.. the first call pace was actually as slow as the 2nd call pace was fast.. probably should factor that in a little but that also means from the 4f to the 6f mark was very fast... like what I use overall but these discrepancies suck.. who's got it right or truth somewhere in the middle.. i prefer the beyers but like the brisnet pp's better overall

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

going to look at mth 4th but want to see the odds.. will look at haskell and others later

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

mth R4 #4 top soldier

as far as jock trainer 2nd only to #1 and as far as pace figures much better than these.. this is a below avg bunch for this level and if he gets out there and settles has a shot at a wire job.. half of (8-1) ml with 10 mtp

R12 the haskell

#3 roaming union (10-1)

scorching pace figures on the front end last out and just missed by a neck.. final figure was slow but that obviously had to do with aforementioned pace.. horse has run 2 figures that would put her in the mix here **.. his solid allowance race at parx 2 back and his maiden breaker at a 1⅛ @ aqueduct back in january..like that he broke his maiden at this distance.. don't think anyone will go with him early (I'm usually wrong about these things lol) but have to go with this here.. outside of good magic best distance rating in the race (1 pt less gm)

** with brisnet's
    Last edited by JBEX; 07-29-18 at 01:08 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

indiana

R3 #1 vonda (3-1) help me..help help me

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO

indiana

R3 #1 vonda (3-1) help me..help help me
    Here are the angles

High % trainer Highest last race speed rating Rail post is winning at 18% clip May improve while returning to Dirt Drops in class today 34% trainer: Turf to Dirt

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Here are the angles

High % trainer Highest last race speed rating Rail post is winning at 18% clip May improve while returning to Dirt Drops in class today 34% trainer: Turf to Dirt

I use those pp's.. good info but look for other things.. the turf to dirt I missed earlier
    as I sometimes don't look what's in that area and just at the trainer stats..the post position and track bias at the bottom I always do look at.. know the race went off a while ago and don't know result yet

Easy-Rider 66

I use those pp's.. good info but look for other things.. the turf to dirt I missed earlier
    as I sometimes don't look what's in that area and just at the trainer stats..the post position and track bias at the bottom I always do look at.. know the race went off a while ago and don't know result yet
    Looks like the race was cancelled due to bad weather.
    Points Awarded:

dave7166 gave Easy-Rider 66 1000 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Looks like the race was cancelled due to bad weather.

yes I guess so ..thanks

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

saratoga ... the whitney R9

#1 tapwrit (6-1)

could see big race 3rd off the long layoff.. diversify had one of those herculean efforts that could possibly cause a fall back.. compromised by a slow pace last year in the Travers after winning the belmont..chart callers comment "9 wide upper stretch" so guessing had to have been wide on the turn..cost $1.2M by tapit and with only 11 starts
    still see a lot of upside for him

mrginandtonic

#1 tapwrit (6-1)

could see big race 3rd off the long layoff.. diversify had one of those herculean efforts that could possibly cause a fall back.. compromised by a slow pace last year in the Travers after winning the belmont..chart callers comment "9 wide upper stretch" so guessing had to have been wide on the turn..cost $1.2M by tapit and with only 11 starts
    On it, thanks.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

On it, thanks.
    IDGAF if you're on it !!

mrginandtonic

IDGAF if you're on it !!
    Ok, just trying make a buck and say thank you.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

#1 tapwrit (6-1)

R10 waya

#7 summersault (8-1)

mrginandtonic

R10 waya

#7 summersault (8-1)
    I believe this race is cancelled.

Easy-Rider 66

I believe this race is cancelled.
    Yeah R10 and 11 have been scratched.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

trying to find a combo that works as far as emphasizing some picks and secondary for others..these two make sense for that..there's only so many stakes (all tracks) anyway..these types would represent smaller bets for me

going to add a couple of more categories to this thread (small track maidens and stakes(all)... the next 2 types of races I like most are long grass routes of >=1¼ miles and conditioned claiming races.. happened to glance at 2 races like this being run today and really liked one and had an opinion on the other.. only other one I'd like to add is 3yo only claimers.. no allowance (except turf marathons) or open claiming (older horses).. I'd like to have a few more opportunities open in this thread but definitely want some restrictions in place

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

saratoga

R1 #8 pirate's treasure (9-2)

love this horse.. won going sprint to route and did it on the front end of a fast pace two back.. stretching out today off a very similar running line and dropping a notch (the other stretch also off a drop). regular long works since his last race in june including two 7 furlong works two and three back.. just remember
    from 20 - 30 years ago and till he gave it up his hall of fame father used to do that with horses he was real serious about.. jimmy jerkens trains today and of course pops was allen

R7 #2 smart together (12-1)

lightly raced augustin stable (long time operation) filly who just missed (3rd neck) vs handicap company in newbury england.. that race was 14 months ago and 3rd in her career two starts back.. well bred and was caught behind a very slow pace last out about 3 weeks ago.. could see an improved effort today and irad ortiz rides

1234 Last