Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Sunshine Millions

Eight races today split between Gulfstream and Santa Anita. These are like BC races, full fields, plenty of vulnerable favorites, and big payoffs likely. Now whether I can cash a ticket is another story.

Gotta try and beat Lava Man in the turf at SA. His turf record is solid, but full field should mean plenty of heat on this guy.

Seattle Slew

Couple small plays just to have some action. Races on NBC from 4 to 6 p.m.

SA 2: Super Freaky/w Toll Road
    SA 3: Getback Time/wSomethingaboutLaura
    SA 5: Sherwood Park/w Lava Man

GP 7: Ididn'tdoanything
    GP 9: Miss Shop
    GP 10: Dry Martini/w Rehoboth/Silver Wagon

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

Nice call on Miss Shop. I had Formal Miss.

Seattle Slew

Sometimes I think it's better to just pound my head against the wall than play the horses. Thought I made solid plays today and still wound up with small loss.

Ran 4th in 3 races at 3-1, 12-1 and 13-1, and a third at 18-1 (nice show ticket anyway). One nice winner with Miss Shop and a brutal beat in the Millions Classic with Dry Martini at 13-1 looking like at worst a place finish in deep stretch and gets necked for second and third in the final strides.

Did get lucky to arrive at OTB 5 minutes before Race 6 and took a shot with Allen Jerkens first-time starter Blue Bullet, who wins at 4-1 very impressively. Might want to watch for this 3-year-old colt next out. Other winner Miss Shop also trained by Jerkens.

SA 2: Super Freaky/w Toll Road
    Ran 4th

SA 3: Getback Time/wSomethingaboutLaura
    Ran 3rd at 18-1 $7.80 to show.

SA 5: Sherwood Park/w Lava Man
    Ran last

GP 7: Ididn'tdoanything
    Ran 4th

GP 9: Miss Shop
    Winner pays $13.40, $7.20, $4.60

GP 10: Dry Martini/w Rehoboth/Silver Wagon[/QUOTE]
    Ran 4th at 13-1 with dead aim in the stretch and nipped by a neck for the place and show

trustbutverify
    trustbutverify's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seattle- are there any decent horse books left that offer rebates like pinny did?

Seattle Slew

I only use the OTB phone accounts in the US (can lose my life savings on the ponies, that's 100 percent legal in the US). With the recent legislation offering horse racing an exemption, I think we'll see more Internet betting options with OTB services and even rebate programs.

Check out the "Santa Anita/Aqueduct anyone" thread on this page for details about what services are available in the US.

With the current climate, I would play the horses only in the US OTB phone/internet accounts. If you score a big ticket, you don't want a hassle collecting.

As for offshore shops, I've read VIP offers 15% rebates a month, but only if you show a loss for the month. For example, if you finish the month down $200, you'll get $30 back into your account on the first day of the month. Not bad. But if you profit, you get nothing.

Bodog offers, I think, 2% on WPS bets and 5% on exotic bets on your total wagers, so you can get a rebate even if you win. They credit the accounts every week, so a large volume better will get something decent back win or lose.
    Last edited by Seattle Slew; 01-29-07 at 02:24 PM.

trustbutverify
    trustbutverify's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks- Ive been reading some material on isolating advantageous races. Would be nice to cut that huge house edge down to size. I spoke to youbet- they said they are considering small rebates on winners. I want 5%- but with the current climate forget it.