Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Dubai World Cup Saturday morning

Six races start at 8:40 a.m. I think TVG will air them all. ABC will have some on tape-delay in the afternoon.

PP's for this event are usually free at DRF or TVG and will post a link when I find it.

Invasor vs. Discreet Cat in the World Cup. I'd lean toward Invasor. DC has not faced quality opponents yet and hasnt' raced past a mile.

I also like Obrigado in one of the turf races. Horse always runs big and the price should be right in these big fields.

Seattle Slew

Huge fields in these races. PPs for World Cup not drawn yet.

One thing I noticed here is Disreet Cat's connections are riding Detori instead of Garrett Gomez in the World Cup. Gomez is in Dubai for other races and has no mount in the Cup. Gomez rode Discreet Cat in his last races in the US but Detori must keep the mount if the races are outside the US. Not losing anything with Detori, but I'd go with Gomez over anyone in the world right now.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/83499.html

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

I.m looking for a better price and will be on Pleasent Tap.Discreet Cat may be the best horse on the planet,however I don't care for his missing a prep race due to a reported fever.Invasor bombed in the UA Derby on this track last year and could bounce off his last Gulfstream race.Anyway you cut it it should be one heck of a horse race

Seattle Slew

Dubai World Cup races start with Race 2 at 9:40 a.m.

Churchill Downs has free PP's at the link. Tough to handicap some of the foreign horses. I don't know why they don't have positions in their PPS, just finish location. Tough to gauge how a horse runs.

http://www.cdsn.net/dubai/dubai_pps_03312007.pdf

Seattle Slew

I like the analysis, but differ a bit. Premium Tap, I think, can finish no better than second in this race. I don't think he's good enough to spring the upset but can pass either Invasor or DC if one falters.

Here's how I see this race. Invasor's only loss came to DC on this track last year. I never make excuses for horses (he didn't like the track, etc.) but will give Invasor a pass. He beat up on the best horses in the US all last summer/fall while DC was running in easy races where the competition was scared off. DC ran awesome, but remember, so did Bernadini, who the media was blowing prior to the BC.

The key question for DC is how will he respond when Invasor comes up to his neck at the top of the stretch in that long stretch in Dubai? Will he fight or quit? If he quits, Premium Tap could pick up the pieces.

Also, everyone seems to be on DC, so I'm going with Invasor. Hoping DC will be the favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    I.m looking for a better price and will be on Pleasent Tap.Discreet Cat may be the best horse on the planet,however I don't care for his missing a prep race due to a reported fever.Invasor bombed in the UA Derby on this track last year and could bounce off his last Gulfstream race.Anyway you cut it it should be one heck of a horse race

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

TVG will not be televising Dubai.

Seattle Slew

Thanks for that news. They have always covered this event, but looks like HRTV has it by themselves. Maybe the TVG analysts will still comprise their lousy Pick 4 tickets which never cash.

TVG is really going downhill fast. First, no Churchill Downs and now no World Cup. If Magna gets NY racing from them, they are in huge trouble.

And I can't get HRTV on Directv. Looks like I'm off to the OTB at 9 a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox View Post
    TVG will not be televising Dubai.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Slew ... Have you ever tried Youbet? ... They will be doing Dubai ... They are head and shoulders above TVG.

Seattle Slew

I thought of it, but I don't bet enough races to make it worthwhile. Most of the tracks I play are on TVG (or were on TVG). I don't even play Churchill that much, but like watching it, especially for the undercards on Derby/Oaks days. Not having that on those days is a killer.

The only track I play that HRTV has is Gulfstream, and again, I don't play Gulf that much. I play Santa Anita more, but with Calracing, I get the video feed there for free.

Way things are going, might look into more.

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox View Post
    Slew ... Have you ever tried Youbet? ... They will be doing Dubai ... They are head and shoulders above TVG.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I can't understand why everyone doesn't have youbet.

About the race let's not forget that Discreet Cat has never gone 1 1/4 before..

I'm taking Invasor!!

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will have something on the Aussie horse Pompeii Ruler. He's a good horse but it is hard to say how he'll go. E/W and small, just to keep it interesting.

Should be good racing to watch, don't know about betting.

Seattle Slew

Here's what I'm playing in Dubai on Saturday. Might just throw some numbers in for the exactas, since it's really tough to handicap these races. I'm leaning toward the US horses in most races. They usually dominate the dirt races and struggle on the turf. Might be a donation but it's once a year for Dubai.

Please post picks/analysis if you're playing these races. Would love to hear some views.

Race 2: No. 12 Spring at Last (Garrett Gomez). Shipped in with Lava Man for Doug O'Neill. Cuts back from a couple decent route races at SA to this one-turn mile. Only ran a one-turn mile once, at Aqueduct, and won by 7 lengths.

Race 3: No play.

Race 4: No. 8 Friendly Island (Garrett Gomez). Todd Pletcher horse was third in the BC Sprint and an easy winner in SA stake last out. Also finished a good 3rd in the Forego at Saratoga when speed was holding.

Race 5: No. 8 Obrigado (David Flores). Been on this horse every start since Del Mar and he always tries hard. Will be a price as he steps way up in class, but his running style should have him in position. Gomez jumps off here for Honey Ryder.

Race 6: No. 3 Stormy River. Lava Man will be tempting at 5-1 or better and English Channel always runs well, but taking a stab here with this horse, off since September but usually in the mix against some decent fields.

Race 7: No. 7 Invasor/w No. 5 Premium Tap. Going to try and beat Discreet Cat, but not much value either way in this one unless one of the big 2 falters.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Love Friendly Island in Race 4. Will definitely have some money on the 8 across in some form or fashion. Probably gonna pass on the rest of the card @ Dubai.

If I win R4, I might take a gander with Lava Man in R6. I've never bet on him but I might do it because he is one of this forum's favorites; just for the nastalgia of it.

E

Seattle Slew

Finished about even thanks to Invasor/Premium Tap exacta. Spring at Last ran awesome, but the price ($9) was less than I thought he'd pay. Friendly Island's 2nd was a tough beat in the Sprint. I didn't think Kelly's Landing would be a factor. Also went against my initial feeling to pass on Race 3. Of course I had to bet it and lost.

Can never cash a ticket on the turf races in Dubai.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I actually had Admire Moon.. Posted it on another forum.

Lava Man was a complete throwout, and Admire Moon still hasn't reached his peak considering he is still at the tender age of 4..

Admire Moon earned almost 3 mil while only being off the board twice..

I know it's after the race but wanted to mention why I liked him.

Slew are we doing the Fla Dby?

Seattle Slew

IMG: Had to run out after the Dubai posts, so didn't see your question in time.

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post

Seattle Slew

That was a great pick. I didn't notice his form was so good. I had the longshot place horse in my exacta but played him with my top pick and English Channel.

Can't figure out Lava Man. Should not have run on turf here, but dead last? Man, that horse needs his Calif. barn.

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    I actually had Admire Moon.. Posted it on another forum.

Lava Man was a complete throwout, and Admire Moon still hasn't reached his peak considering he is still at the tender age of 4..

Admire Moon earned almost 3 mil while only being off the board twice..

I know it's after the race but wanted to mention why I liked him.