Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

SS trainer burned on TV

Anyone see the reply with Carl Nafzger and the 83-year-old owner of Street Sense? In deep stretch they're smiling and holding hands, bumping each other like the race is over, then the horse gets beat on the wire!

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

That was a precious moment ... In 99% of races, the move Street Sense made would have been a winning move ... They sure were all smiles but the looks a few seconds later were historic ... Nafger nudged the owner when SS took over the lead and made a comment to the owner ... I didn't quite hear what he said.

I've been around horse racing quite a while and I'd say the smugness and outright cockiness on Borel's part was a bit over the top ... Maybe I took a lot more satisfaction in his loss because I was all over Curlin and that exacta.

Anyone see Borel's fiance? ... Oh my.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox View Post
    Anyone see Borel's fiance? ... Oh my.
    No sir. If that is a good "oh my", then how about a picture?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

You got a pic kdm?

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    You got a pic kdm?
    No I don't have a pic ... I saw her on the pre show with Borel at the White House ... She was a babe for sure ... She looked out of place with that goofball Calvin ... She's his fiance ... Her name is Lisa Funk.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox View Post
    No I don't have a pic ... I saw her on the pre show with Borel at the White House ... She was a babe for sure ... She looked out of place with that goofball Calvin ... She's his fiance ... Her name is Lisa Funk.
    Oh yes. I do now know who your talking about. I seen her in that tribute to him before the race. Looks more like she could be his daughter. She is a babe, and for sure looks out of place next to him.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Here is a picture.