Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

How do you handicap a horse who is pulled up in previous start?!

Obviously I usually stay away for at least a start... However, look at McLaughlin's 58% 1stW/Trn on Light The City (#10) in the Acorn tomorrow (6/6) @ Belmont.

Heppy10
    Heppy10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1574

I'm the opposite I usually bet them just because the odds are usually a lot higher then they should be. Ive hit a couple 99-1 like this

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Interesting angle Heppy. It's probably true, people (like me) stay away and thus the true odds are always lower than what's reflected... I'm gonna include this horse. You've convinced me (obviously I didn't need much).

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

With lesser quality horses, a solid and timely workout after pulling up and a fairly quick return ( 4 to 6 weeks max) to the races is a perfect play on if you want to. Certainly not an auto throw.
    For horses like this filly, it means just cross off the pulled up line. There is no way he would run a quality horse, on a quality day, in a quality race if ANYTHING was less than fine.
    You can indeed find some gems in the pulled up category if they fit certain criteria.
    Hope that helps.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    With lesser quality horses, a solid and timely workout after pulling up and a fairly quick return ( 4 to 6 weeks max) to the races is a perfect play on if you want to. Certainly not an auto throw.
    For horses like this filly, it means just cross off the pulled up line. There is no way he would run a quality horse, on a quality day, in a quality race if ANYTHING was less than fine.
    You can indeed find some gems in the pulled up category if they fit certain criteria.
    Hope that helps.
    exactly what str said!

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Hope that helps.
    This.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19215

Man, that race (#7) is wide open.

Just about every horse has some positives... Even longshot #4 Calamity Kate 30-1 won her last race. #5 Bar of Gold (3 wins), #9 Promise Me Silver (8 wins), #11 Miss Ella (2 wins) are all undefeated.

DRF has these "hot stats" for #10 Light the City:

QuickSheet:

Trackman Workout Specials (Horses with very sharp recent workouts)
    Date Track Surface Distance Time Workout Rank
    29May-15 Belmont Park D 4f :47.38 2/33
    11May-15 Belmont Park D 4f :48.77 2/29

Profitable Trainer Angles
    Angle Starts Win % R.O.I
    First with new trainer 12 .58 7.09
    Layoff plus 61 - 180 days 80 .25 2.02

Hot Trainer
    Record (Last 7 Days)
    7-2-1-2

TW
    TW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 642

I like to play the horse if the same jockey stays on.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by TW View Post
    I like to play the horse if the same jockey stays on.
    That's a nice, simple way to make it a quick check. Good stuff, TW